Cardiac Sonographers help perform cardiovascular diagnostic procedures with a physician. Their duties include taking echocardiograms for adults and children, stress echocardiograms, TEEs, intraoperative carotid exams, PVRs, and carotid ultrasounds.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cardiac Sonographer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cardiac Sonographer resumes for your reference.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 1
- Demonstrated initiative and initiative in a clinical setting while supporting patient needs; documented evidence of therapeutic use of ultrasound during 33 years of ultrasound practice.
- Received training on ultrasound equipment, software, and instrumentation.
- Demonstrated the principles of image interpretation via peer-review process with JCAHO mandated certification for cardiac sonographers in Wisconsin.
- Pronounced death sentence for a patient who had poor circulation in both legs after a diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukemia by medicottomist.
- Accomplished a diagnosis of an intra-cerebral aneurysm on a patient with poor circulation in both arms and legs by radio-fusion.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 2
- Optimized patient satisfaction by providing consistent quality of care, consistent quality of ultrasound imaging, and improved clinical record keeping.
- Participated in the national medical study as a Cardiac Sonographer for the American Institute for Research Incorporated (AIR).
- Coordinated interventional cardiac catheterization procedures, performed pre-and post-procedure ultrasounds, performed Doppler studies on patients’ heart valves and managed prophy’s to coordinate with physicians in accordance with established protocols.
- Received NC Provider Recognition Award for Surgical Ultrasound Quality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced treatment protocols by assisting cardiologists with complex cardiac evaluations.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 3
- Diagnosed and treated more than 13,000 cardiac patients at a cost of $2 million in Medicare dollars.
- Served as team leader for ultrasound training enabling more than 50 people to be trained as sonographers for community hospitals.
- Improved quality, productivity, and profitability by replacing outdated equipment with leading-edge technology and software.
- Developed a program that increased utilization rates by 20 percent; was nationally recognized for initiative, leadership, and success.
- Successfully predicted the risk of Medicare fraud without false alarms or recalls; received the best in a class award from the National Institute of Justice (NIJ).
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 4
- Accurately performed over 5,000 diagnostic procedures to detect abnormalities of the heart, brain, thyroid, and breast.
- Developed medical imaging of coronary arteries and veins.
- Achieved excellence in patient care by listening to the needs of patients and their families to meet a variety of physical health and emotional challenges.
- Provided quality care for mothers-to-be by offering continuous support throughout labor with a team of doctors and midwives at a birthing center in Greece.
- Met with success while working with children who had autism by showing empathy during procedures to identify ear fluid buildups and neck masses.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 5
- Performed advanced procedures on adult patients including cardiac catheterization, lung procedures, and renal/urological studies.
- Maintained a 95% first-time pass rate of live patient scanning techniques.
- Implemented a new standardized workflow procedure on the job.
- Collaborated with physicians to prepare patient information for three-dimensional ultrasound simulations.
- Recognized as a medical professional who demonstrates knowledge and passion for treating patients with compassion and dignity; maintained strong working relationships with patients, health care providers, and other staff members.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 6
- Performed studies on pregnant women and patients with a history of heart problems.
- Recognized for outstanding care shown to patients and families during stressful times.
- Diagnosed and treated more than 300 cases of heart disease using catheterization, stress tests, echocardiography, and pacemaker evaluation.
- Identified potentially fatal conditions in newborns before symptoms presented themselves; monitored heart rhythms of critically ill infants.
- Provided consultation services to cardiology resident physicians in training by giving lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on practice sessions.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 7
- Performed over 100 examinations with an average of fewer than 10 minutes per examination, including time spent in preparation, execution, and post-test care.
- Completed a comprehensive evaluation of a patient’s cardiac structure and function using multi-dimensional ultrasound.
- Educated two patients on the effects of their lifestyle choices on heart health; assisted patients in making healthy changes to diet and exercise habits.
- Achieved award for outstanding cost containment by employing the most cost-effective interpretation without compromising quality; shortened treatment time by 55% minimizing procedure costs by 20%.
- Developed and taught a cardiac sonography course to medical students, residents, and healthcare providers.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 8
- Provided clinical excellence and technical skill to perform over 500 cardiac ultrasounds.
- Provided patient education on self-care, exercise, diet, smoking cessation, and cholesterol reduction.
- Gained extensive knowledge of seven different modalities of diagnostic cardiac procedures.
- Promoted cardiology risk factor reduction in at-risk populations via community education presentations.
- Recognized as the MVP for quality patient care; nominated by peers for the Quality Improvement Award.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 9
- Performed echocardiograms for the purpose of detecting heart problems to determine health and risk factors for over 1,800 patients.
- Performed more than 500 transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograms within thirty-six months; lead technologist to a diagnostic level of technical excellence recognized by the Cardiac Surgery Department and Cardiology Associates.
- Recognized by peers as doing an excellent job of providing patient care under pressure with limited resources during a medical emergency and preserved patient’s life without the use of blood transfusion or CPR.
- Recognized as a professional who sought to provide world-class healthcare in a clinical environment.
- Received outstanding quality award; worked as an independent contractor to supply high quality, cost-effective equipment such as video systems and sonographic processors.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 10
- Performed successful transvaginal ultrasound procedures on a team of six sonographers conducting thyroid and breast cancer diagnostics.
- Provided patient care while working in a hospital during an influenza epidemic, quickly defusing potential confrontations to avoid risk to patients and staff.
- Proficiently performed diagnostic ultrasound procedures on a team of eight sonographers assisting heart surgeons with pre-operative procedures including angiograms, intra-coronary balloon infusions, atherectomies, and angioplasty for restoring blood flow to the heart muscle after clots had blocked coronary arteries.
- Provided patients with exceptional care while working in a local emergency room after a car accident.
- Awarded recognition of dedication and professionalism, as demonstrated during an examination of a pregnant woman whose fetus had died.
Cardiac Sonographer Resume Sample 11
- Performed 616 complete medical examinations, including transthoracic echocardiograph readings, intravenous pyelograms, and coronary artery bypass graft analyses.
- Followed a strict protocol for patient security at all times; studied a manual of over one thousand procedures to interpret cardiac abnormalities.
- Developed a working knowledge of angioplasty equipment and procedural protocols during an internship at the American Heart Association.
- Achieved certification as an Echocardiology Technologist by completing and passing 10 written tests, 20 practical tests, and achieving 100% performance on oral exams.
- Achieved certification as a Cardiac Sonographer for the American Registry of Radiology bypassing three written tests and two oral exams.
To work as a Cardiac Sonographer you must have an American Heart BLS certification. You must also have either RDCS or RCS credentials. Cardiac Sonographers must show good communication skills, that they can work in diagnostic rooms alone, understand how to use ultrasound machines, skill to change procedures based on age of a patient, basic computer skills, good organizational skills, and store away patient records.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.