A solution architect works to ensure technical support functions are running smoothly for the company. Duties include providing technical support, creating documentation about new technologies, implementing upgrades to current systems, training employees on new technologies, and leading meetings with other technical support specialists. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, marketing, public relations, and people skills. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with a background in business administration or management.
The Best Solution Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Solution Architect resumes for your reference.
- Assist in the definition of project objectives, scope, organization, timeliness, overall approach, and measurable outcomes.
- Identify and document application configuration and enhancements.
- Define client reporting, data conversion, interface, and application enhancement requirements.
- Define test requirements for reports, application enhancements and modifications, and interfaces.
- Introduced new innovative IT solutions to meet the growing needs of our Industrial clients.
- Worked closely with the Incentive Compensation and Human Capital Management teams to gather business requirements.
- Work with technical teams to design a strategy to integrate Workday and Oracle Incentive Compensation application to sync employee information.
- Work with the onshore and offshore configuration team to design compensation plans, performance measures, rate tables, and formulas.
- Configured pay groups, pay sheets, and payment schedule and validated if all the employees are paid on time by running payment statistics.
- Built a new custom ERP system to automate bill-payment services and improve the efficiency of our accounting department.
- Migrated on-premise web applications from classic ASP/VB to MVC PAAS-based Azure Model.
- Azure Application Insights was used for performance monitoring and logging.
- Designed and developed a Machine learning fuelled Email Marketing software solution.
- Designed and developed a scalable property evaluation and Utility management software solution.
- Developed a Micro-Scope System which allows viewings in real-time, on the go, from anywhere.
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, and troubleshooting skills to consistently deliver productive technological solutions.
- Work with enterprise architect, understand long-term vision and roadmap, help define architecture runaway item, explore solution alternatives, analyze pros/cons, perform spike, and present architecture solution to the delivery team.
- Perform detailed analysis, document high-level solution approach, and present it to key stakeholders, senior management, and project sponsors.
- Seamless integration between business systems to improve quality throughput and maximize efficiencies.
- Eliminated multiple entry points for critical information into the Accounting System without disrupting the flow of the workflow.
- Kept up to date on all current and new product information and effectively present that information to customers and channel partners.
- Successfully support customers and sales reps with solution designs across Texas SLED accounts.
- Provide complete solutions to meet customers’ needs and solve business problems.
- Created a cost-effective new way for our business customers to purchase IT hardware and software expansion requirements.
- Designed and developed a new corporate network for 350 remote workers, incorporating Cisco routers and switches, as well as security cameras; replaced antiquated systems with new state-of-the-art equipment.
- Assessment and POC creation for shortlisted processes to present RPA as a tool to rapidly replicate existing manual processes to reduce costs while increasing turn-around time, quality, and continuous process improvement.
- Developed Framework to standardize RPA implementation from inception through life cycle support.
- Implemented 30+ Automations in Real Estate, Manufacturing, Accounting, HR/Payroll, Insurance & Finance domains.
- Customer-facing interaction provides IT Discovery and Build Recommendations for Practice processes and Assurance, best practices, and standards.
- Spearheaded the development of unified technology infrastructure, including servers and storage; provided leadership in completing the expeditious transition from mainframe to client/server.
- Creation of Oozie jobs. This includes monitoring, testing and troubleshooting failed job issues.
- Worked on exporting and importing data using Sqoop from HDFS/MapR-FS to MySQL database and vice versa.
- Design and implementation of continuous build and integration/deployment process using Jenkins.
- Achieved award for outstanding teamwork; identified network problems within minutes of an outage and accurately tracked down the problem.
- Recommended system upgrades that resulted in a 50% reduction in support costs.
- Spring MVC Framework IOC(Inversion Of Control) design pattern is used to have relationships between application components.
- It is also used to separate the application configuration and dependency specification from the actual application code.
- Used Hibernate Transaction Management, Hibernate Batch Transactions, and cache concepts.
- Modified the Spring Controllers and Services classes so as to support the introduction of the Spring framework.
- Researched and presented cost-saving solutions to management in three areas.
- Provide technical leadership across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
- Work closely with architects and development team in implementing complex systems to foster informed decision making and ensuring service quality with simplicity using SOA.
- Work with vendors for their COTS solution, design integration, and laid out implementation roadmap.
- Successfully coordinated task forces to complete the configuration, testing, and review of time-sensitive projects.
- Complemented the team of a consulting firm at a troubled client site; reported daily task status to manage partner by close of business on each day.
- To support global SAP implementations to required service levels, perform global template and localization tasks, and coordinate effective SAP solutions with various teams.
- Designed & configured In House repairs, Complaints, Service orders & Returns Management.
- Translate business objectives into clear functional and technical requirements.
- Reviewed Meetings with Business Process Owners about AS-IS and TO-BO processes.
- Identified trends in savings from outsourced information technology contracts; presented proposals for improvement in service, budget control, and technical staff coordination.
- Office 365 integration Specialist providing end-to-end infrastructure and migration consulting services.
- Migrated global and domestic industry leaders with 1900 to 22000 users and their mailboxes.
- Provided Active Directory Assessments for multiple enterprises supporting on-premise and hybrid strategies.
- Mentored Migration Engineers to assist in migration services delivery.
- Certified as AWS Solution Architect Associate to provide guidance to enterprises desiring to use cloud technology.
- Helps equip account executives with basic and complex understandings of our solutions.
- Participates as technical lead between the clients and sales team.
- Coordinate other technical resources as necessary to provide the appropriate solutions.
- Plays a key role in the development of tailored solutions, and presentation of the solutions.
- Developed cross-functional teams among project managers, client representatives, and technical staff at client company for implementation of time-sensitive IT projects caused by hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
How to Become a Successful Solution Architect?
- The educational requirements for this position, as well as the requirements for experience, tend to be on the higher side due to the highly technical nature of the job. This means most companies will want a master’s in business or administration as well as considerable experience as a leader.
- Typically you will begin as an assistant or secretary to an established architect, and it is here that you can really get the experience you need to move ahead, like how your specific company works and what tends to work best in getting it moving in the desired direction.
- A solution architect needs to have very strong presentation skills to convince their superiors that their plans will work, as while good research and strong facts go a long way they won’t matter if you can’t convince them you’re certain your plan will move them in the right direction.
Your primary role will always be to make the company more efficient in the present and the future, and accomplishing this will require a careful sense of calculation and an understand of cause and effect. Doing this will make your company run more smoothly and be more profitable as a result.
In many ways, most companies exist as a series of connected and complex systems that need to run smoothly at all times for everything to function. With a solution architect at the helm, these systems are set to run far more smoothly and future plans are all given careful consideration before going forward.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.