In many ways, most companies exist as a series of connected and complex systems that need to run smoothly at all times for everything to function. With a solution architect at the helm, these systems are set to run far more smoothly and future plans are all given careful consideration before going forward.
How to Become a Successful Solution Architect?
- The educational requirements for this position, as well as the requirements for experience, tend to be on the higher side due to the highly technical nature of the job. This means most companies will want a master’s in business or administration as well as considerable experience as a leader.
- Typically you will begin as an assistant or secretary to an established architect, and it is here that you can really get the experience you need to move ahead, like how your specific company works and what tends to work best in getting it moving in the desired direction.
- A solution architect needs to have very strong presentation skills to convince their superiors that their plans will work, as while good research and strong facts go a long way they won’t matter if you can’t convince them you’re certain your plan will move them in the right direction.
Your primary role will always be to make the company more efficient in the present and the future, and accomplishing this will require a careful sense of calculation and an understand of cause and effect. Doing this will make your company run more smoothly and be more profitable as a result.
The Best Solution Architect Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Solution Architect resumes for your reference.
- Assist in the definition of project objectives, scope, organization, timelines, overall approach, and measurable outcomes.
- Identify and document application configuration and enhancements.
- Define client reporting, data conversion, interface, and application enhancement requirements.
- Define test requirements for reports, application enhancements and modifications, and interfaces.
- Worked closely with the Incentive Compensation and Human Capital Management teams to gather business requirements.
- Work with technical teams to design a strategy to integrate Workday and Oracle Incentive Compensation application to sync employee information.
- Work with onshore and offshore configuration team to design compensation plans, performance measures, rate tables and formulas.
- Configured pay groups, pay sheets and payment schedule and validated if all the employees are paid on time by running payment statistics.
- Migrated on-premise web applications from classic ASP/VB to MVC PAAS based Azure Model.
- Azure Application Insights was used for performance Monitoring and logging.
- Designed and developed a Machine learning fuelled Email Marketing software solution.
- Designed and developed a scalable property evaluation and Utility management software solution.
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, troubleshooting skills to consistently deliver productive technological solutions.
- Work with enterprise architect, understand long term vision and roadmap, help define architecture runaway item, explore solution alternatives, analyze pros/cons, perform spike and present architecture solution to the delivery team.
- Perform detailed analysis, document high level solution approach and present it to key stake holders, senior management and project sponsors.
- Kept up to date on all current and new product information and effectively present that information to customers and channel partners.
- Successfully support customers and sales reps with solution designs across Texas SLED accounts.
- Provide complete solutions to meet customers’ needs and solve business problems.
- Assessment and POC creation for shortlisted processes to present RPA as tool to rapidly replicate existing manual processes to reduce costs while increasing turn-around time, quality and continuous process improvement.
- Developed Framework to standardize RPA implementation from inception through life cycle support.
- Implemented 30+ Automations in Real Estate, Manufacturing, Accounting, HR/Payroll, Insurance & Finance domains.
- Customer facing interaction providing IT Discovery and Build Recommendations for Practice processes and Assurance, best practices and standards.
- Creation of Oozie jobs. This includes monitoring, testing and troubleshooting failed job issues.
- Worked on exporting and importing data using Sqoop from HDFS/MapR-FS to MySQL database and vice versa.
- Design and implementation of continuous build and integration/deployment process using Jenkins.
- Spring MVC Framework IOC(Inversion Of Control) design pattern is used to have relationships between application components.
- It is also used to separate the application configuration and dependency specification from the actual application code.
- Used Hibernate Transaction Management, Hibernate Batch Transactions, cache concepts.
- Modified the Spring Controllers and Services classes so as to support the introduction of Spring framework.
- Provide technical leadership across a broad scale of tools, technologies, and architecture models.
- Work closely with architects and development team in implementing complex systems to foster informed decision making and ensuring service quality with simplicity using SOA.
- Work with vendors for their COTS solution, design integration and laid out implementation road-map.
- To support global SAP implementations to required service levels, performing global template and localization tasks and coordinating effective SAP solutions with various teams.
- Designed & configured In House repairs, Complaints, Service order & Returns Management.
- Translate business objectives into clear functional and technical requirements.
- Reviewed Meetings with Business Process Owners about AS-IS and TO-BO processes.
- Office 365 integration Specialist providing end-to-end infrastructure and migration consulting services.
- Migrated global and domestic industry leaders with 1900 to 22000 users and their mailboxes.
- Provided Active Directory Assessments for multiple enterprises supporting on-premise and hybrid strategies.
- Mentored Migration Engineers to assist in migration services delivery.
- Certified as AWS Solution Architect Associate to provide guidance to enterprises desiring to use cloud technology.
- Helps equip account executives with basic and complex understandings of our solutions.
- Participates as technical lead between the clients and sales team.
- Coordinate other technical resources as necessary to provide the appropriate solutions.
- Plays a key role in the development of tailored solutions, and presentation of the solutions.