Have you ever seen the back room of a retail store or warehouse and think, “How do people work in this mess?” You could be qualified to help fix it! As an inventory specialist, you’d be responsible for inventory maintenance as well as addressing warehouse problems and directing equipment and teams. Follow these tips and you’ll be on your way to fixing the clutter in these back rooms.
How to Become a Successful Inventory Specialist?
Graduate High School: For most jobs in today’s day, you’ll need a high school diploma in order to be considered for the position. You’ll get turned away if you don’t meet this requirement, so get good grades and get that diploma!
Hold Warehouse Jobs: During your time in high school, kill two birds with one stone by holding some beginner warehouse jobs before you graduate. It will ensure that once you take off the cap and gown, you’ll have the necessary experience needed to take on the Inventory Specialist role.
Learn Microsoft Office: A lot of the managing of inventory can be simplified using the programs in Microsoft Office. While you’ll most likely run into this during your schooling anyways, it’s important to understand Office in order to properly track your inventory. It’ll be a plus on your application, too.
Free Up Your Schedule: If you have a lot of extracurricular activities, you’ll probably need to let your employer know beforehand. The work schedule of an inventory specialist can sometimes be erratic, so you’ll need to be prepared to come into work at a moment’s notice.
If you’ve ever looked at a warehouse back room and thought that you could fix the problem better, follow the tips above! You’ll be top of the line for this job, and the warehouse employees will thank you for cleaning up the room!
The Best Inventory Specialist Resume Sample?
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Inventory Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Provide, under minimal supervision, administrative support services with claim items for the Adjusters.
- Handled processing all inventories by working the clients during a during a claim loss.
- This would include walking the loss area with clients to investigate all items loss in claim, in detail listing all damaged items.
- After completing the review with clients, supplied a comprehensive list of loss valuables.
- Compiles, verifies and reports periodic statistical information to management.
- Assists in development of clothing selections to distribute as well as make recommendations to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures compliance to inventory processes and procedures as well as compliance to contractual obligations.
- Monitoring and controlling inventory and responsible for completing physical inventories.
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and damaged products to supervision-published weekly and quarterly inventory metrics.
- Communicate and develop process enhancements as needed.
- Ensure that all work and reservations are exact, thorough, complete, and conformant to policies and procedures of each property.
- Address errors, complaints, and feedback from guests and relay information to proper personnel, as well as share the customer feedback to improve service.
- Understand property layouts and hours of operation for: water parks, convention centers, guest rooms, food and beverage outlets, retail outlets, and other related venues, products and services.
- Maintain a highly organized and clean storage room while also organizing items in the datacenter(s).
- Receive and ship needed materials to variance sites around the world.
- Ensure that any items received are exactly what was requested.
- Keep an eye on emails and chat to assist any coworker domestic or international with inventory needs.
- Operates Company material handling equipment for particular materials to be moved.
- Picks or unloads product and transports it to inventory or shipping area according to daily production schedule by hand or company approved material handling equipment.
- Accurately counted, weighed and recorded number of units of materials moved or handled.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory controls through adherence to company guidelines and policies.
- Provides exceptional customer service, with a focus on creating a customer and associate friendly environment.
- Coaches to ensure accuracy of inventory and proper back room operations.
- Maintain accurate inventory by assigning daily cycle counts and random counts to inventory control associates in district’s four branches.
- Detect inventory errors and create solutions for inventory adjustments after effective research in ERP system and files.
- Track district’s aged and time sensitive inventory and create effective solutions to minimize branches’ financial losses.
- Maintain track of in-house inventory use and create requisitions for inbound inventory as necessary to maintain stock levels.
- Documents work and purchase orders, travel claims, bids and material lists to account for materials purchased and time spent in completing work assigned.
- Obtains estimates and quotes of materials and equipment needed for repairs and the completion of job tasks.
- Orders and stocks supplies and materials to replace materials consumed and assure their availability for assigned projects, scheduled maintenance, and emergency responses.
- Accurately ordered inventory for Chick-Fil-A using corporate appointed software by following an usage forecast on what will be sold, as well as using own personal experience through day to day sales.
- Saving thousands of dollar amounts by efficiently ordering only what is needed for daily store usage by using corporate and personal made build to plans.
- Handling unloading and stocking of delivery trucks in an efficient and timely manner, as well as insuring company product is not damaged in any sort.
- Monitor inventory of location of thousands of laptops, accessories and other necessary office equipment on daily basis including data entry, research, and communication with users and employees.
- Track packages, pack and ship laptops and accessories.
- Take inventory of new shipments of laptops involving moving from one location to another.
- Verify each newly imaged laptop from service team to ensure proper install.
- Serves as a team lead during school technology audits which included training new team members, coordinating audits at the schools, cleaning up incorrect data from each audit, and ensuring audits were completed within the scheduled timeframe.
- Trained campus inventory control representatives teaching them the basics of the web-based system both in classroom and informal (on-site) environments.
- Primary internal technical support for the proprietary asset management system.