EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Specialists ensure a company’s hiring practices are compliant with local, state and federal laws regarding Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity. They are responsible for developing programs to increase workforce diversity, providing hiring oversight, ensuring risk avoidance, creating reports, correcting discriminatory practices, and keeping the company up-to-date on lawful employment.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Eeo Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Eeo Specialist resumes for your reference.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Corrected problems and handled complaints which were committed by management.
- Coordinated the reorganization of the department and provided guidance and direction to all staff.
- Recruited additional qualified personnel for Department; established diversity programs and procedures to promote equal employment opportunities within the Department.
- Implemented an educational program which promoted equal employment opportunities; initiated a training program for new employees as well as existing employees as it pertains to diversity programs, EEO guidelines, and other issues.
- Initiated a diversity program to promote equal employment opportunities; organized a seminar for the managers of the Department providing them with performance feedback and guidance on how to handle EEO issues.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Managed the preparation of EEO-1 reports for the company’s district offices to the EEOC.
- Researched and analyzed complaints, prohibited practices charges, and other data to ensure compliance with the company’s Affirmative Action Plan.
- Organized and scheduled workshops for management regarding EEO compliance.
- Coordinated with managers regarding EEO performance reviews.
- Processed employee grievances throughout the company; ensured that all requirements were met before submitting them to the next level within Human Resources.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Met with representatives from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) to discuss the responsibilities of the EEO position.
- Obtained certification through the “Training for Success” program. Successfully conducted training sessions for new employees in various locations throughout the company.
- Met federal requirements regarding EEO awareness programs; developed, coordinated, and conducted mandatory sessions regarding sexual harassment, disability accommodation, and complaint investigation.
- Actively promoted workplace diversity by staffing positions with qualified employees regardless of gender or ethnicity.
- Provided career counseling to employees for positions throughout Company’s organization; selected individuals based on organizational needs and personal qualifications to assist in building a successful workforce.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Ensured equal employment opportunities in the workplace by assisting with recruiting, hiring, and interviewing.
- Managed diversity in hiring in compliance with Affirmative Action laws; recognized for planning and executing a successful EEO recruitment fair.
- Provided feedback to management about possible EEO violations in the workplace.
- Achieved award for investigating complaints that were resolved in favor of the employee; reported inappropriate behavior to management.
- Received outstanding service recognition; provided information to employees through workshops designed to assist non-English speaking employees with complying with American Sign Language (ASL) requirements for federal contractors.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Achieved excellent customer service in order to enhance diversity, develop and retain talent, and grow the EEO department’s reputation.
- Managed a dynamic team; earned award for professional satisfaction; worked with diverse teams in order to gain knowledge and build internal relationships.
- Served as a valued member of the grievance committee; demonstrated leadership skills in helping employees resolve disputes.
- Assigned tasks, organized files, and maintained a positive work environment for all team members.
- Received outstanding quality award for exceptional job performance. Accomplishments included the completion of a comprehensive self-assessment of my strengths and areas that can be improved.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Demonstrated exceptional ability to resolve disputes due to disparate treatment and retaliation.
- Received letter of commendation for helping an employee who had just suffered a stroke; coached the employee on how to effectively manage time during work hours.
- Received award for helping an EEO-protected employee receive just compensation after being passed over for promotion that was given to someone who was not protected by the EEO regulations.
- Received recognition as an Outstanding Manager; provided advice and guidance to staff members during their career transition phase.
- Met all deadlines for performing EEO audits on facilities with more than 50 employees.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Effectively managed the diversity of an office of approximately 80,000 individuals.
- Refined HR policies to attain maximum performance while maintaining public records that were consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Evaluated internal and external candidates for hiring through interviewing, reference checks, and background checks.
- Gave forceful speeches at national conferences to promote equal opportunity for the LGBTQIA community; assisted in the formation of an Executive Board for the State Department’s Safe Schools Project.
- Achieved award for best practices through consistency in training sessions; recognized by peers for outstanding performance in recruiting transgender trainees to join the Air Force.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Conducted an EEO analysis and developed action plan for possible solutions.
- Increased the number of women in management level positions.
- Identified an untapped pool of talented workers.
- Advocated on behalf of employees that were discriminated against on the basis of sex, race, color, religion or national origin.
- Identified possible solutions to improve on-going compliance issues with the EEO office.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Achieved recognition as a top performer by successfully supporting EEO initiatives within the organization.
- Certified Professional in Human Resources, through SHRM.
- Received outstanding employee performance award.
- Successfully managed an organization-wide complaint program; reduced complaints by 30%.
- Recognized for providing excellent customer service to employees; earned maximum score on annual performance evaluation; earned five customer compliments; reduced leave time by 10%.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Successfully recruited/hired and trained employees within budget guidelines; provided monthly reports with recommendations.
- Created EEO policy and training program for employees nationwide; received an award from the Corporate Head of Human Resources.
- Presented and led EEO training sessions at corporate facilities; effectively explained the law and its impact on employment.
- Achieved recognition as a manager of top performers by achieving 100% satisfaction scores on employee surveys; shared with the Human Resources Department.
- Handpicked to create company’s first Diversity Committee; served as Diversity Committee Chairperson (four years) for formulating diversity objectives and programs for the company’s workforce.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Conducted job fairs in three major cities to attract diverse groups of applicants for vacant positions.
- Determined the return on investment for each division according to divisional goals achieved.
- Negotiated union contracts that successfully integrated employee benefits with present financial realities.
- Promoted positive employee relations by negotiating severance agreements based on seniority when the department was downsized.
- Resolved legal claims in favor of the company, saving thousands in legal fees.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Aided the Chief of Staff in writing, developing, and reviewing policies and procedures for processing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) cases and depositions.
- Adhered to the Confidentiality Act by maintaining data integrity by inputting EEO information into the HRIS database.
- Handled all administrative aspects of EEO cases from intake to report generation.
- Maintained a comprehensive case log detailing all pertinent information pertaining to each case.
- Performed employee terminations in compliance with organizational termination procedures which included advising employees of their rights, documenting verbal notification, scheduling meetings, creating approval documents, creating final merit increase distribution charts, and preparing a termination checklist.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 13
- Started the process of updating the City of Atlanta’s EEO policy.
- Monitored and updated Federal Laws on Employment related topics.
- Identified ways to increase diversity in all levels of the City’s organization.
- Assisted with training for employees, supervisors, and managers on Title 9, Section 1981–1990, Civil Rights Act, Equal employment opportunity policy and procedures.
- Trained employees on sexual harassment guidelines and procedures.
EEO Specialist Resume Sample 14
- Maintained business certification; assisted managers with requests for federal and state tax forms; supervised human resources personnel; interviewed, evaluated, and provided feedback concerning job candidates.
- Developed Employee Handbook (over 700 words); revised dated 3 times.
- Selected candidate for internship program; a coordinated project with firm’s outside recruiter. Started interviewing candidates for the program; completed interview process; wrote PTO request to an employee for programs, provided additional training on interview techniques & resume building.
- Co-organized hiring day recruiter event with another firm.
- Set up tables & helped recruiters in obtaining demo tapes in less than a days’ timeframe.
To be an EEO Specialist, you need a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business or at least three years of similar experience. EEO Specialists must demonstrate current knowledge of EEO and ADA laws, strong writing skills, leadership ability, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.