The Health Assistant provides medical care and assistance to patients. Their duties include taking vitals and blood samples, processing lab work, assisting pateints with mobility, changing linens, assisting with bathing.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Health Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Health Assistant resumes for your reference.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Identified desired potentials through diligent observation of personal qualities, including intuition, warmth, spontaneity, empathy, and trustworthiness.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills by effectively planning work activities to accomplish objectives in a timely manner.
- Performed support activities critical to patient treatment success; acted as first point of contact for patients’ needs.
- Accurately assessed symptoms over the phone with patients experiencing medical emergencies; directed emergency services or closest hospitals to best meet patient’s needs.
- Maintained confidentiality between hospital staff and patients by adhering to HIPAA guidelines.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Health assistant; responsible for overseeing health care and treatment of patients.
- Trained in administering CPR, managing patient treatment, scheduling appointments and updating patient records correctly and correctly (NEXT TOPIC – FULL CERTIFICATION NAME).
- Received certification for First Aid Administration by the American Red Cross.
- Completed training in the administration of medications to patients via injection, inhalation, or orally.
- Trained in the use, disposal, and maintenance of medical equipment including defibrillators.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Trained for Health Care Professional CPR/AED provider status from American Heart Association.
- Educated staff regarding diversity, cultural competency, and language in a small town in northern Mexico.
- Assisted in the development of health care policies for a medical clinic with a large population influx.
- Provide primary care to patients in an African village with limited resources by overseeing the procurement of supplies and equipment from local agencies and organizations.
- Collected data on illnesses; analyzed information; consulted with other physicians; prescribed medications; counseled patients; planed follow-ups; communicated critical health information to affected persons via daily reports to authorities.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Empathize with patients by listening to their needs, concerns, and wishes for recovery.
- Document health histories accurately to be useful at subsequent visits.
- Maintain cleanliness standards in the office through daily cleaning according to protocol standards.
- Prescribed over one hundred medications over a period of three years.
- Resolve problems that interfered with patient care or workflow through consultation with staff members, physicians, nursing supervisors, pharmaceutical agents, etcetera.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in the preparation of patients for surgery and sterilized instruments.
- Prepared patient rooms and equipment, keeping supplies stocked during procedures.
- Educated patients on treatment plans and preventative care; reported adverse reactions.
- Provided exceptional service to patient’s families with compassion and warmth, both medically and emotionally.
- Became proficient with medical terminology by attending seminars provided by hospital staffs.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Instructed patients about the different systems of the body; administered health assessments, including blood pressure checks.
- Interpreted physician’s progress notes to aide in detail areas not otherwise recorded other than symptoms and medication taken according to medical treatment plans.
- Restored dignity to female patient by assisting with her hygiene, cleaning up bedpan residue after she was catheterized, and clothing changes according to physician’s orders.
- Gained knowledge of medical treatments for post-operative recovery at cardiology clinic where I provided emotional support during treatment procedures.
- Assisted hospital staff with moving high-risk patient from operation room to ICU unit; paid attention to every detail so as not distract or endanger doctors and nurses.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Prepared all medications according to doctors’ orders.
- Responsible for assisting residents with personal hygiene, feeding, and dressing.
- Promoted good relationships between clients and nurses; responded promptly to call lights; offered residents encouragement during difficult times; maintained confidentiality.
- Provided morale boosting services by participating in recreational activities such as Bingo, Pokeno, Scrabble, Chinese Checkers, Scales & Weights (for strength training), Karaoke (20+ songs recorded).
- Assisted elderly residents with activities of daily living; accepted responsibility for independent actions within policy guidelines, including medications/injections at the prescribed dosage/time intervals under the direction of a registered nurse.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Processed patient charts, prescription orders, and insurance forms by filling out requested information on computerized system.
- Performed blood draws to proper lengths for accurate lab results. Prepared specimens for transport to the laboratory. Collected specimens from hospital staff members.
- Accurately performed tests that screened patients for heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol levels, liver function, stroke risks and cancer detection via urine analysis. Communicated test results to doctors in a timely manner ensuring expedient treatment plans were made available to patients as indicated by medical standards of care guidelines; ensured compliance with standards set forth by government agencies (CMS).
- Ordered GPO supplies based on information received from doctors’ offices. Ensured that supplies were correctly packaged, delivered to hospital in a timely manner, and accounted for via inventory system.
- Prepared physicians’ exam rooms with the necessary equipment and supplies, cleaned up after examinations. Maintained a sterile environment by implementing appropriate infection control policies and procedures and adhering to OSHA and HIPAA safety regulations.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Assisted and cared for patients in a nursing home, elementary school clinic, and hospital.
- Enhanced the understanding of young minds by assisting community children’s health initiatives; provided vision screening and eye drops to hundreds of school children during Halloween haunts; donated treats and candy during the holidays to reduce the risk of cavities.
- Improved cardiovascular endurance as a personal trainer/coach before joining medical field as a volunteer paramedic.
- Honored as “Best Trainer” by Fitness Club members three years in a row.
- Accomplished all administrative work related to patient visits, narcotic control management, referral paperwork, daily reports, charge slips, refill requests, etc., with speed, accuracy and enthusiasm.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Assist patients in all aspects of Patient care to create a safe, clean, and comfortable environment.
- Conducted patient screenings by taking vitals, collecting information for demographic data, physical examinations to identify various health conditions.
- Collaborated with primary nurse staff to provide quality healthcare plan for each patients’ unique needs by providing assistance with medications administration under safe practices.
- Provided holistic care through one-on-one interactions with patients that was culturally sensitive to the needs of the Haitian population served.
- Facilitate communication between nurses, doctors, social workers and other stakeholders by communicating complex medical concepts using excellent patient interaction skills.
Health Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Experienced with a variety of instruments including EKG, ultrasound, and Doppler.
- Prepared patients for examination or surgical procedure by comforting nerves with words and sometimes even a book.
- Organized medical records to keep them in pristine condition both alphabetically and chronologically for all eleven doctors within the practice as well as keeping their data on computers updated.
- Observed patients experiencing fatigue or weakness so as to place them on diets geared towards improving their health after testing blood pressure levels.
- Taught patients how properly comb their hair at home so they can avoid disturbing those around them with bad hygiene after normalizing their weight, blood pressure, cholesterol levels.
To work as a Health Assistant, you need to have a high school diploma or equivalent, CPR and First Aid certifications, and a year of paid experience in health-related activities. You must also be able to recognize heath needs, maintain professional and friendly relationships, understand and perform written and oral instructions, have excellent communication skills, clerical skills, intervention techniques during crisis situations, and interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.