The Irrigation Technician installs, maintains, and operates underground irrigation systems. Their duties include installation of various irrigation systems, troubleshooting, irrigation repair, making continuous improvement suggestions, operating irrigation equipment, mapping systems and compliance with quality assurance standards.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Irrigation Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Irrigation Technician resumes for your reference.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 1
- Maintained a quality control program to verify accuracy of field reports and construction estimates.
- Collaborated with engineers to coordinate the installation of computer-based irrigation equipment.
- Concluded a satisfactory warranty claim after a thorough review of submitted documentation.
- Achieved a resolution for customer complaints regarding irrigation system operation by coordinating joint testing and analysis of the system between company representatives and affected customers.
- Established an irrigation schedule for new construction sites with specific instructions for individual zones within the site layout.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 2
- Created and maintained irrigation system while managing the personal safety of the workers while investigating and correcting irrigation problems.
- Evaluated new design and installation of irrigation installation while creating solutions to fix existing problems.
- Designed, installed, and maintained irrigation system while maintaining security identity and properly documenting work.
- Performed extensive preventive measures to ensure irrigation systems were water tight with no leakage.
- Handled multiple issues regarding scheduling, labor costs, labor shortages, labor overtime concerns with a positive attitude.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 3
- Knowledgeable in the repair, installation, and upkeep of irrigation equipment.
- Supervised a crew of 5 technicians to effectively maintain irrigation systems in greenhouses, yards, farms, and parks.
- Assisted with irrigation installation for new homes for both residential and commercial customers.
- Participated in the implementation of an intensive capital improvement plan that repaired or replaced almost 1000 miles of pipe in one year.
- Successfully negotiated cooperative agreements with utility providers in order to generate annual savings in excess of $30,000. @1: Repaired and installed various types of sprinkler and irrigation systems.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 4
- Installed, repaired, and maintained various pump equipment.
- Performed preventative maintenance checks for all irrigation equipment at residential, commercial, and industrial sites.
- Troubleshot service calls in a timely manner to reduce down time in a large commercial irrigation system in the Florida Keys.
- Executed production in a timely manner using multiple types of irrigation systems including drip lines, micro sprinklers, overhead sprayers, and low volume high pressure sprinklers.
- Performed all assigned tasks with care and precision; accurately diagnosed, repaired, and implemented irrigation techniques.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 5
- Established repair schedule for assigned group to ensure timely completion of services.
- Developed training procedures for new employees to learn skills in reporting, maintenance procedures, and repairs.
- Created work plans to train employees on the maintenance requirements for all equipment; demonstrated skill in drafting maintenance contracts with vendors.
- Collaborated with customers to ensure proper irrigation practices; developed strategies to prevent customer disputes over poor performance.
- Installed, maintained, repaired, and inspected irrigation systems.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 6
- Scheduled preventative maintenance on irrigation systems according to manufacturer specifications.
- Trained new technicians in the installation of residential irrigation systems.
- Managed emergency calls in response to broken irrigation lines during heavy rains. Called plumber when necessary.
- Built good relationships with neighbors by working with their schedule to repair or replace broken parts on irrigation equipment.
- Served as a staff member for over 15 years, primarily as a project superintendent/contractor, and on-site supervisor on multiple technically demanding projects.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 7
- Successfully completed multiple large scale projects for technically demanding clients that required extensive knowledge of irrigation system operations and maintenance.
- Successfully supervised employees on complex repairs and repairs of large irrigation systems to meet customer expectations.
- Trained Internal Operators to work as a team on complex repairs and repairs of large irrigation systems to meet customer expectations.
- Coordinated the successful completion of multiple large scale projects for technically demanding clients that required extensive knowledge of irrigation system operations and maintenance.
- Repaired faulty irrigation systems; completed 700 service calls in under 5 years.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 8
- Identified the cause of irrigation problems, installed a new pump, and repaired broken pipes, causing no interruption to clients.
- Managed all maintenance projects for Green Acres Subdivision; completed every project before deadlines despite the challenges of working with multiple homeowners’ associations.
- Assessed sprinkler system problems, determined source of defects; located sources of leaks and damages; persuaded owners to make necessary repairs.
- Developed positive relations with all clients by offering exceptional customer service and assisting with other services such as watering plants for vacations, mowing lawns, etc.
- Overhauled irrigation control system with knowledge of sprinkler/pump calibration and mechanical system installation.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 9
- Trained new employees on the proper setup, calibration, and operation of all irrigation systems.
- Metered flow rates from irrigation lines to determine volume distribution of water within the city.
- Performed daily maintenance on sprinkler irrigation system by testing spray heads, cleaning pipes, and replacing filters.
- Installed a computerized rain sensor by calculating stake locations and updating drip zone maps for optimal efficiency.
- Installed and repaired irrigation systems to achieve optimum yield and in line with project specifications.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 10
- Delivered on supervisor’s operational expectations within budget, on time, and in excellent working condition.
- Maintained equipment and facility to meet safety requirements for irrigated agriculture.
- Responded nightly to emergency work orders to ensure systems were up and running.
- Performed technical work when necessary when emergency repairs were required for irrigation equipment.
- Installed drip irrigation systems, fixing leaks, and replacing parts.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 11
- Designed irrigation systems for irrigated agricultural land improvements.
- Installed hydro-pumping units, large irrigation pumps, and other irrigation related equipment.
- Installed electrical transformers at various sites throughout the city of Las Vegas for power lines, tanks, etc.
- Overhauled water distribution systems underground to provide water pressure in all areas of Las Vegas.
- Responsible for repairing, installing, maintaining, and replacing irrigation systems
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 12
- Completed training in several cosmetic repair techniques to enhance the appearance of existing properties.
- Anticipated opportunities for large commercial installations by networking with contractors and industrial business owners.
- Articulated customer service guidelines; elicited feedback from industrial customers for continued improvement.
- Created positive working relationships by returning calls, returning emails, returning texts; offered assistance in troubleshooting technical issues before the customer was aware of it. The industrial customers appreciated our efforts; therefore they referred business to us that resulted in new sales; then they gave us an opportunity to increase our sales by purchasing their commercial installations.
- Successfully oversaw upgrade of 6 pumping stations to emit higher levels of irrigation water.
Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 13
- Streamlined irrigation system by switching to more efficient piping material.
- Forecasted water demands to purchase additional pumps in order to complete the upgrade in time for spring’s planting season.
- Coordinated with plant managers, maintenance teams, and design engineers to ensure smooth transition following the renovation of the city’s campus.
- Facilitated the redesign and building of five watering canals through coordination with other departments.
- The Best Irrigation Technician Resume Samples
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 1
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 2
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 3
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 4
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 5
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 6
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 7
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 8
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 9
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 10
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 11
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 12
- Irrigation Technician Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up
Irrigation technicians tend to have an associate’s degree in a related area, such as turfgrass and landscape management, but it is not always required. Irrigation Technicians must demonstrate knowledge of irrigation operations, a desire for continuous improvement, manual dexterity, ability to lift heavy objects, ability to work in extreme environments, situational awareness, good time management, and ability to follow instruction to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.