A window cleaner washes windows for individuals and businesses. Duties include washing windows in very tall buildings, processing payments, washing windows in small houses, safely driving company vans, handing out company sales brochures, answering customer questions and resolving customer complaints.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Window Cleaner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Window Cleaner resumes for your reference.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 1
- Performed standardized routine maintenance and repair of window treatments; cleaned three-story Victorian style mansion.
- Consistently provided excellent customer service to homeowners and businesses in the community by demonstrating willingness, integrity, and respect.
- Pulled over 100 men, women, and girls from the community visiting houses with disabilities or in need of assistance; smiled while doing so.
- Adhered to safety standards by using a five-point safety harnesses during routine maintenance and repair; completed all job requirements in an efficient manner.
- Achieved partial completion for a commercial window cleaning job; cleaned glass areas with a high degree of professionalism as well as safety regulations.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 2
- Performed quality work setting up, cleaning, and removing window screens.
- Read, write and speak the English language fluently in both spoken and written form.
- Answering telephones on time and correctly.
- Appearance on time for work with clean, neat and appropriate clothing.
- Adhering to the strictest standards of the company for punctuality, courtesy and cleanliness.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 3
- Professional window cleaner with over 20 years of experience.
- Expert in removing smudges, fingerprints, and streaks from light- to dark-colored residential and commercial windows.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service; successfully gained new customer account that produced more than $5,000 per year in additional income.
- Posted a three-year average of 97% first time cleaned; performed thorough job inspections on day of service to ensure all windows received complete attention.
- Acted as a mentor for two new employees and developed them into efficient workers who achieved a 95% completion rating within 4 months of employment.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 4
- Installed, repaired, and maintained all window equipment at the building.
- Communicated effectively with contractors, vendors, managers and tenants regarding customer satisfaction.
- Communicated effectively with co-workers to develop a climate of mutual respect.
- Set up and maintained all windows, doors and screens in a timely manner.
- Cared for over 100 homes through thorough cleaning of windows on alternating days over the course of one year; recognized as team member by the manager and colleagues.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 5
- Ensured the cleanliness of our company’s assets by inspecting the glass surfaces in the building after each cleaning.
- Recognized for outstanding performance for anticipating and correcting window damages.
- Emphasized safety when working from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts; took initiative to install fall protection devices when working from heights.
- Developed an employee-friendly work environment; recognized by fellow workers for implementing processes that decreased employee stress and fatigue after completing a job assignment.
- Achieved award for maintaining a safe workplace; effectively identified, addressed, and prevented safety issues during shift.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 6
- Received numerous formal commendations including quality of work and diligence.
- Supervised two crews with a total of seventy-three workers, which included thirty-two members.
- Achieved profit after taxes with a profit margin of 15%.
- Developed special window cleaning equipment to perform tasks not normally performed by the regular workforce. This equipment was used quite successfully and produced over $500,000 in additional income.
- Managed the team’s budget and all financial transactions; negotiated leases and maintenance agreements for five new locations in one year; directed the team to implement change management principles from an engineering standpoint at every site.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 7
- Performed cleaning and repairs on over 100 buildings while earning an overall rating of excellent.
- Recovered equipment that was lost or stolen from buildings.
- Maintained and updated warehouse inventory utilizing standard computer programs.
- Used safety equipment during all aspects of work; cleaned windows and buildings in a safe manner using various cleaning methods.
- Received recognition for outstanding service from management.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 8
- Provided outstanding customer service; helped numerous customers with questions and concerns.
- Generated revenue through the sale of cleaning supplies.
- Observed the impact of windows on customers’ satisfaction in residential and commercial structures.
- Mentored others in areas of customer service, safety, and environmental awareness.
- Enhanced the visual appearance of businesses by cleaning windows for two corporations during off-hours.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 9
- Achieved top ranking in safety and efficiency during multi-thousand dollar high-rise commercial, apartment, and nursing home interior window cleaning.
- Successfully completed a five-year labor contract as an employee of a private window cleaning company.
- Trained to the full completion, from Green Belt to Black Belt, two private students by six years of ongoing home window cleaning instruction.
- Developed cleanliness rules for a group of inexperienced windows; continued to train two more by six years of ongoing window cleaning instruction.
- Achieved outstanding quality rating; received award steady attendance and great work ethic at out of state window cleaning convention.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 10
- Carefully cleaned glass; replaced and cleaned screens; effectively noted damage to windows, screens, and sills during inspections.
- Uncover, remove, and reuse window coverings to protect homes from heat and cold while providing privacy.
- Communicated with customers in person, by telephone, and in written form.
- Developed a cleaning schedule to effectively meet customer needs; physically completed the work assignment within the schedule.
- Effectively organized work supplies within the personal vehicle for ease of use during cleaning assignments.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 11
- Cleaned windows, walls, mirrors, and bathroom fixtures throughout multiple industrial facilities.
- Wiped off sliding doors, handles and tracks of all entry doors in one building. Window frames, screens and tracks throughout another building.
- Cleaned windows in offices at a third location; eliminated dirt streaks on glass panes.
- Stripped and waxed floors in one facility; cleaned wax from floor tiles. Polished woodwork at a third facility; cleaned wall partitions of hand prints and smudges left by various chemicals used for cleaning purposes.
- Removed and replaced molding tiles in the lobby of one building.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 12
- Presented a family-oriented, yet clean and professional approach to work.
- Established and excelled in a very demanding job that required attention to detail.
- Respected my coworkers for their work ethics, hard work, and their dedication to the completion of tasks.
- Recognized that referrals were a key tool for continuing the reputation of the company I worked for; created new contacts to sell raffle tickets at the annual employee picnic.
- Recognized co-worker’s contributions by giving them positive feedback and spreading positive energy throughout our shop.
Window Cleaner Resume Sample 13
- Adhered to strict commitment guidelines regarding appearance and uniform standards, while completing window cleaning contract.
- Displayed good work ethic in carrying out performance measurements and projects; demonstrated exceptional customer service skills by offering to help clean other’s windows.
- Obtained a wealth of customer knowledge for glass repairs, maintenance, and replacement.
- Received a “Great Job” award from supervisor for excellent performance.
- Made repeated attempts at learning the job skills necessary to successfully operate the window washing equipment.
There are no formal educational requirements for this job, but most employers prefer that window washers have a high school diploma and be over 21 years of age. Skills needed to be a window washer are no fear of heights, reliability, strong work ethic, positive attitude, physically strength, professional appearance, loyalty, attention to details, and excellent customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.