Income Tax Preparers help clients prepare and file their taxes. Their responsibilities include reviewing filed tax returns, contacting taxpayers to address issues, conducting field audits, keeping records of clients, notifying taxpayers of any overpayment, and evaluating financial information.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Income Tax Preparer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Income Tax Preparer resumes for your reference.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 1
- Created a strategic plan for how to effectively prepare, and close, over 300 income tax returns for affluent individuals.
- Prepared and/or reviewed more than 350 individual income tax returns with an average refund of over $4,100.
- Raised refund average to over $6,300.00; recognized by CPA firm for exceeding all expectations regarding customer service and quality control; increased efficiency of team members by encouraging them to be proactive rather than reactive (creating a positive team environment).
- Assigned teams the responsibility of reviewing all personal financial statements before the audit was complete. The result was a decrease in demurrage fees charged by the IRS; saved clients money.
- Accomplished the highest quality level of service versus the IRS guidelines for all income tax returns; served as reminder to our clients that after taxes are paid, the client is still left with a balance.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 2
- Helped to ensure closing by producing an accurate, complete, and organized file for timely tax prep.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction based on client comments; skills in preparing multiple tax forms were recognized by the CPA.
- Recognized for performance and productivity; completed 1400 returns during one tax season….20% greater than the average.
- Earned a customer service award for handling calls from clients with questions regarding their filed return; was able to calm customers through efficient communication and effective follow-through.
- Met production standards in a fast-paced environment despite team member changes due to illness or injury.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 3
- Created income tax return form for clients.
- Performed research, prepared and filed income tax returns for clients.
- Effectively and accurately prepared income tax returns; met or exceeded deadline programs and provided multiple extensions to clients.
- Effectively communicated with client’s concerning privacy issues related to information on file, such as social security, bank account balances, etc.
- Candidly discussed negative consequences of extenuating circumstances with clients on a weekly basis per client conference call.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 4
- Effectively completed income tax returns.
- Demonstrated a high level of accuracy in working with income tax return clients.
- Received superior quality award; effectively assisted clients with their income tax return preparation needs.
- Expressed an understanding of the importance of client confidentiality; adhered to banks’ guidelines regarding client information.
- Performed tax filings as ordered by company; accurately compiled data pertaining to tax filings and documented documentation of all receipts, expense accounts, and payments.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 5
- Developed a personalized method of documenting tax records that allowed for easy, fast retrieval of client tax and financial data.
- Screened clients to determine eligibility for various tax credits; explored all possible options to reduce taxes owed.
- Suggested and implemented strategies to shift income/assets from high-tax states to low-tax states.
- Processed personal and business tax returns in a timely manner; completed audits in two weeks or less; earned praise from the IRS on how quickly I was able to process the returns.
- Handled complex audit cases that required the knowledge of internal controls procedures, partnerships, and international taxation issues.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 6
- Collected and analyzed data for published reports.
- Received “20 under 40 award” for extraordinary efforts at work.
- Received non-credit recognition for outstanding effort in keeping clients current with IRS filings.
- Achieved award by surpassing sales goals by over 100%.
- Achieved best service award by exceeding minimum first time client attendance targets during a delivery period, in order to meet customers’ needs and increase sales.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 7
- Performed income tax return preparation services for clients who needed assistance with filing returns.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines according to current year employee survey ratings.
- Achieved award for exceeding performance expectations, based on this last year’s employee evaluation ratings.
- Successfully completed the annual audit of a client’s financial statements in less than 30 days.
- Effectively and accurately prepared income tax returns.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 8
- Tax return preparation including tax preparation for individuals and businesses.
- Successful completion of annual audit.
- Maintained personal financial records; maintained strong computers skills.
- Received outstanding quality award; adhered to the strict client security standards set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Justice (DOJ).
- Approached personal tax filing in a professional manner. Received award for early and accurate income tax filing.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 9
- Performed analysis of income tax returns and prepared tax forms.
- Responded to questions from clients on issues related to taxes such as new rules for a business, returns for children, and interest deductions/carrybacks.
- Received an outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to income tax filings.
- Generated reports that accurately reflected information in the accounting system; completed client intake forms with utmost care and courtesy; maintained confidentiality of confidential information.
- Developed solutions to client problems; provided advice regarding necessary amendments or adjustments to resolve discrepancies in the files.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 10
- Researched and prepared tax returns for the State of Colorado, using tax law books and IRS publications.
- Provided a variety of services to clients ranging in size from individuals to small businesses.
- Worked with department personnel and solved problems with various computer software packages.
- Recognized for effective job performance when I provided quality service to a client who was dissatisfied with a tax return prepared by another preparer. I contacted the client, and she stated that she was not happy with her last preparer’s work and did not want to file an amended return; however I reviewed the file, made adjustments and filed an amended return for her within days after her initial conversation with me. Using the amount of tax that she owed, I prepared allotments for her, which I had corresponded with her regarding.
- Provided audit services to Clients. Helped to secure their income tax return before they were due. I helped them file their return correctly, in an efficient manner and on time.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 11
- Maximized saved refund for small business owner by screening returns for tax breaks; prepared $50,000 in refunds from $75,000 in gross income.
- Prepared and filed corporation’s tax returns within the required time frame.
- Certified public accountant (CPA) registered with state of Georgia and reviewed clients’ tax return before filing.
- Worked with local business owners and high-net-worth individuals to improve their understanding of taxes.
- Obtained CPA license; joined American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 12
- Developed a personalized tax guide for a new client.
- Analyzed and prepared tax returns for numerous individuals who, in turn, received national awards due to their exceptional work as an employee of Intuit.
- Assisted clients with IRS audit preparation and representation during IRS examinations.
- Accomplished project management which allowed the firm to under-bid other firms on auditing contracts by 25% over the duration of the contract, resulting in a significant increase in revenue and profitability.
- Received recognition for outstanding achievement in customer satisfaction as a customer service representative.
Income Tax Preparer Resume Sample 13
- An excellent record of prompt substantiation correspondence. Responsible for timely filing tax returns and maintaining accurate records.
- Accomplished tasks in a timely manner, contributing to the efficient operation of the Tax Department.
- Completed assignments for a senior partner in less than 30 days.
- Filed Tribunal Determination using the appropriate form and procedures to demonstrate a thorough understanding of how Tribunals are actually used as an alternative to litigation.
- Prepared documentation required by TSX rules according to TSX’s rules, regulations and policies and procedures; obtained client’s approval prior to its submission to TSX; provided evidence of compliance with all applicable rules.
To work as an Income Tax Preparer, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent is required and registration with the Internal Revenue Services. To succeed as an Income Tax Preparer, it is important to have excellent math skills, analytical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, time management, computer skills, and attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.