Staff assistants are responsible for assisting other workers in an office environment while performing several clerical duties. Some duties that a staff assistant is responsible for are managing schedules, managing calendars, inventory control, analyzing and entering data, filling out forms, filing paperwork, and helping prepare for meetings, and handling other office responsibilities.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Staff Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Staff Assistant resumes for your reference.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for project schedules which include budget planning, in-process billing, and financial analysis in order to ensure the completion of assigned projects on time.
- Assisted in the tracking of time-related expenses including time spent on task, travel expenses, and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Processed invoiced accurately according to due dates for all professional services rendered.
- Made personal contacts with vendors when necessary for ensuring completed tasks are submitted per deadlines.
- Accomplished three times the normal daily workload with no errors in accuracy, spelling, grammar, or punctuation.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Managed inventories of office equipment, supplies, and library materials; reduced costs by $5,000 annually.
- Ensured documents were filed and processed accurately and efficiently; reduced customer complaints by 10 percent.
- Promptly responded to employee requests for information and completed requested projects ahead of schedule; recognized as team leader.
- Recognized as a member of the year by peers and superiors; key contributor to department’s success and profitability.
- Accurately transcribed dictation for upper management, resulting in increased production efficiency; received an outstanding recognition award from upper management for this task.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Accompanied clients to various locations to research and answer questions.
- Accurately maintained all appropriate records and documents.
- Kept the office organized and decorated by filing paperwork and keeping all operating manuals up-to-date.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications.
- Earned appreciation as a call monitoring Superstar; effectively handled customer concerns and implemented effective solutions.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding quality award for soliciting funds for the church’s Sunshine Kids’ Christmas concert program.
- Improved computer filing system by eliminating paper-based processes and developing online procedures.
- Achieved outstanding performance awards in communicating with customers for administrative assistants; assisted in processing data and answering inquiries from callers; effectively classified, stored, and filed mail; and retrieved, categorized, and stored files.
- Recognized by Human Resources Office for exceeding expectations in job performance; received an award for superior customer service.
- Received outstanding quality award for displaying ethical values, integrity, and good judgment.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Duties included scheduling, filing, and compiling data for customers’ loan applications.
- Overcame the language barrier to communicate effectively with customers over the phone.
- Infused positive energy into clients’ lives by connecting them with financing programs to help move their lives forward.
- Performed duties in a timely and efficient manner; ensured that the main goals of FHA were met.
- Consulted with employers on behalf of fellow employees; acted as a caregiver for customer information systems.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Assisted with numerous projects including the implementation of a new computer system. Discovered errors in the computer system that had caused problems with loan applications.
- Introduced a new filing system to the department that resulted in improved efficiency and reliability.
- Aided in designing a project for an extremely important client; provided with positive feedback from management regarding my work.
- Identified several problems with computer data, which were corrected before they became serious issues; received the award for having made the department more efficient by reducing delays.
- Constructed reports relating to the company’s financial status; recognized as an exceptional employee who helped identify potential problems before they could become serious issues.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Completed quarterly budgets and final year-end financial audits in a timely manner.
- Handled correspondence with auditors for both small and large corporations; managed schedules to maximize time and reduce overtime.
- Accurately processed travel expense reports and ensured compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Managed busy schedule of traveling executives while providing superior customer service; resolved issues in a prompt, professional manner.
- Maintained office level of cleanliness and ensured quality control process was effective.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Handled multiple tasks throughout the department, including the filing of documents, faxing, copying, & handling phone calls.
- Received outstanding quality award; Achieved award for demonstrating exceptional work ethic and initiative.
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings for service and handling.
- Improved office procedures; effectively communicated with customers regarding tasks they needed to complete.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Worked as a staff assistant in the Township of Willingboro Police Department for over 5 years.
- Assisted with mailings, surveys, monthly reports, assisting with the movement of records from one department to another.
- Assisted with researching and updating files, call logs, and other files pertaining to the activities of the department.
- Redacted documents to correct personal information or correct errors in records.
- Performed data entry of financial documents and maintained a master account of all municipal finances throughout the township.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Wrote accurate, concise documents for office personnel.
- Edited and formatted company newsletters, brochures, and sales literature.
- Developed a unique budget template with a comprehensive checklist to assist sales staff with adhering to the corporate budget.
- Translated documents from Spanish to English as needed.
- Produced a Spanish-English bi-lingual resume guide with tools to aid bilingual job applicants in obtaining employment opportunities.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Successfully prepared correspondence according to company guidelines.
- Ensured that completed documents were distributed to their intended destinations.
- Varied typing skills by entering data into the company’s database according to instructions from management.
- Achieved award for monitoring call queues; effectively handled calls from customers in regards to the status of their mortgage applications.
- Received letter of appreciation for providing exceptional service in assisting customers with questions regarding home financing options.; effectively responded to the needs and concerns of customers while adhering to banks’ guidelines regarding authentication, disclosure, and customer service.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided accurate information from the computer database to the Office Manager for all company employees.
- Accurately inputted confidential employee data into a database that was accessible only by the Information Technology department.
- Accurately gathered and summarized data for a confidential report about company employees.
- Provided 10-year summary of employee data to the Office Manager during a staff meeting.
- Organized and maintained a filing system for confidential employee data.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Organized travel/event information for the Senior Executive.
- Organized periodic meetings for senior executives.
- Maintained the office’s files and client files; updated client files to include updated information.
- Assisted in all mailings, including daily reports; prepared monthly reports; proofed the monthly email newsletters; proofed monthly email newsletters prior to sending.
- Conducted quality surveys for all staff on computer issues, including speed of access time, change password, etc.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Staked out area for clamshells to ensure they are properly located.
- Located computers for staff, prepared computer workstations, delivered messages, handled messages regarding various departments of the hospital.
- Searched through files of AAUW, AARP, Vocational Rehabilitation of Texas, United Way, and the Harris County Clerk’s Office for materials for international visitors present during Cinco De Mayo activities.
- Organized and maintained the library of Cinco De Mayo materials.
- Verified the validity of a voter registration card by cross-referencing it with voter records.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Successfully completed multiple tasks, in a timely manner, to meet the needs of the organization.
- Supervised staff in providing assistance to customers with administrative tasks.
- Initiated/supervised new business initiatives, including updating computer systems to prepare for company relocations.
- Assisted with various projects by completing routine tasks with minimal supervision.
- Trained staff with the use of new software to increase productivity.
Staff Assistant Resume Sample 16
- Earned award for meeting customer service guidelines.
- Received recognition for maintaining a low accident rate in the workplace.
- Received recognition for demonstrating outstanding customer service during times of crisis or conflict.
- Consistently communicated with customers using tact, diplomacy, and professionalism.
- Recognized as an exceptional team member who always goes above and beyond to help fellow employees succeed.
Education required to become a staff assistant may require a Bachelor’s degree in business or a similar field, but some might become a staff assistant through eligible experience. A staff assistant must be well organized, punctual, professional, thorough,express good communication skills, be computer literate, and be able to follow instructions without supervision.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.