A GIS Developer maintains software programs and develops GIS applications and tools for clients. Their responsibilities include creating custom solutions, improving productivity, expanding capabilities of GIS analysis teams, utilizing business logic into effective programs for client’s business, developing automated solutions to various tasks, and creating web-maps.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best GIS Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real GIS Developer resumes for your reference.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 1
- Learned to develop full-scale applications that integrated GPS data with GIS and SQL databases.
- Presented to local governments, schools, and non-profits regarding the development of web maps and address lookup.
- Invented system by combining information from multiple databases into one website that enables users to view the location of local businesses and points of interest.
- Inducted into the Colorado Springs Professional Community Hall of Fame for outstanding contribution to the city.
- Started two successful companies based on a unique product idea; grew both companies exponentially during same period of time.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 2
- Participated in the development of customized mapping software for the City of Bloomfield, New York; developed a user-friendly interface for GIS programs.
- Designed, built, and implemented an interface between GIS and other applications.
- Determined zoning requirements for land use planning and development.
- Studied local land use issues that determined policy decisions in regard to local law enforcement.
- Created a security system using algorithms to monitor traffic patterns and record traffic violations in real time.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 3
- Developed a web-based system from scratch that provides real-time GIS mapping for a municipal utility.
- Created a topographical map for an Association of Realtors; marked all topographical features and landmarks digitally by hand using City Hall data and aerial photography images.
- Developed custom data conversion tools to merge proprietary data with public GIS datasets.
- Scored above 85% on the OGC certification test; passed test on first attempt during first six months of employment with company.
- Helped six associates pass GIS certification tests within the first year of employment with company, averaging 100% of each candidate’s cost in tuition reimbursement from training center.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 4
- Trained in a variety of development languages, tools, and platforms to design and implement custom applications.
- Introduced industry-standard Geographic Information System (GIS) technology into a variety of organizations.
- Enhanced performance for data collection, retrieval, and analysis during third-party contract work for the U.S. Forest Service.
- Achieved budget reductions during analysis of field activity data by developing innovative solutions and collaborating with co-workers to improve the efficiency of the data pipeline.
- Facilitated management decisions regarding acquisitions by improving methods for storing, archiving, and retrieving related information through development and implementation of backend data storage solutions using Java script technologies.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 5
- Enhanced capacity to improve human services programs and emergency response systems by developing GIS solutions, such as mapping and data analysis.
- Expanded knowledge of current GIS practices with emphasis on ArcGIS applications.
- Devised strategies to improve efficiency in projects by creating a workflow system.
- Designed and integrated regional government and non-government information networks into a seamless data environment.
- Implemented changes to speed project completion times while maintaining accuracy through the use of automated processes including batch processing, geoprocessing tools, and automation tools for field workflows.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 6
- Maintained the security and integrity of databases, systems, and applications by correctly implementing standards and procedures.
- Updated, analyzed, and implemented public records data via Geographic Information System software.
- Designed data collection forms to be distributed to citizens relating to natural disaster damage assessment, traffic control, and emergency response.
- Developed interactive mapping software for on going environmental health research and analysis of ecosystem health in remote locations.
- Implemented precise location for each satellite pixel transmitted to Earth by ground stations; georeferenced all collected multispectral imagery.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 7
- Determined optimal output location for new local shopping center using GIS technology.
- Utilized ArcGIS software to update existing GIS data in preparation for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts by providing satellite images of affected regions, as well as damage assessment.
- Researched, analyzed, and processed data pertaining to new governmental regulations regarding coastal development with GIS software.
- Completed on-going development and implementation of a layer construction application to support regional mapping, land management, and planning efforts through integration of ESRI’s ArcGIS platform.
- Created a web based viewer tool to share geospatial information through integration with MapInfo’s GeoMedia WebMap product.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 8
- Analyzed, updated, and designed development procedures and programs to integrate GIS and CAD software products with web-based technologies.
- Contributed to the successful launch of two GIS software products; coordination with producers of software applications resulted in more than a 50% increase in sales.
- Enhanced systems for rapid deployment of GIS data for use by government entities and private companies.
- Delivered foundation for future designs through creation of programming template and testing procedures relating to the development of GIS mapping applications.
- Designed solution for compiling data from multiple sources into a single, searchable map; contributed to organizing efforts relating to 911 emergency services.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 9
- Custom developed a software application to capture, store, and display digital maps of the entire island of Puerto Rico.
- Maintained an on-line database containing an index of all roads in Puerto Rico as well as all buildings and institutions visible from aerial photographs.
- Developed efficient methods for distributing international conferences that involved over 550 speakers from 35 countries.
- Improving efficiency in processing data link requests using the geospatial information system (GIS) and GIS technology.
- Developed new clientele for local businesses through strategic marketing initiatives.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 10
- Created the City of Denver GIS systems.
- Captured, integrated, and projected 1.2 million square miles of land into a single urban analysis model, covering five counties and 42 municipalities in the Denver Metropolitan Area.
- Paired with a city planner to create a transportation development plan for a population density of 2 million which required 10 years to complete.
- Created an internal real-time weather map that serves as a daily analysis tool for decision makers.
- Designed algorithms which serve as principal tools for identifying new areas on the city’s fault map for building infrastructure over the next 20 years.
GIS Developer Resume Sample 11
- Prepared GIS maps, analytical data, and spatial-temporal reports for regional departmental use.
- Collaborated with other teams to ship finished products on time and within budget.
- Developed software to track customer orders in a timely manner; produced customer newsletters with information that was presented clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Worked within strict timelines to develop an application of equal or better functionality than a competing company’s product.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills when dealing with peers and superiors in an open environment of creative problem solving.
To become a GIS Developer, you need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. A GIS Developer must be analytical, must be adaptable, must be creative, must be able to work in a team, must have excellent communication skills, must be an expert with computers, and must be detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.