A Secretary Assistant handles clerical duties for an executive in a company. Duties include answering phone calls, transferring phone calls, taking detailed messages for the executive, handling scheduling, acting as a gatekeeper, answering questions, resolving conflicts, and assisting other departments.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Secretary Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Secretary Assistant resumes for your reference.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Mastered the art of switching from answering the phone professionally to directing calls without missing a beat.
- Richly enhanced administrative skills; handled high volume of incoming and outgoing mail daily.
- Acknowledged with Excellence in Customer Service Award for providing quality customer service to patrons and colleagues alike.
- Identified opportunities for improved customer relations; implemented effective new procedures resulting in greater accuracy and efficiency while reducing errors.
- Troubleshot computer problems within one day of arrival; effectively retrieved lost data.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Adhered to company policies and procedures.
- Actively participated in communication with supervisors, customers and outside suppliers to help resolve customer concerns.
- Compiled daily data on time sheets; established procedures for filing time sheets.
- Recognized for outstanding performance as dutiful employee; gained appreciation from supervisor and the company.
- Received good performance award from supervisor; actively participated in building up professional skills.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Maintained an organized and accurate file system for the department.
- Warned a supervisor about an employee he had previously fired, who appeared to be casing the office for security violations.
- Managed all aspects of a staff member’s absence from work due to medical treatment by anticipating his needs and adapting to his schedule during convalescence; anticipated a need for additional staff members.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills in an emergency situation when placed between an angry patient and his physician when there was no one else to assist them.
- Recognized that the manager’s offer of a promotion was contingent on the individual passing a drug screening; cooperated with the policy and completed the test to assure that the offer was genuine.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Organized and maintained an extensive client database; including the creation of a new database to facilitate on-site appointments.
- Maintained calendar and scheduling of 15 corporate meeting rooms.
- Reviewed documents, contracts and correspondence relating to marketing agreements between the company and outside vendors.
- Successfully streamlined document preparation, review and distribution processes.
- Trained a direct report on new procedures resulting in cost savings of 50% of time spent managing contracts with outside vendors.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Adhered to corporate mission, values and goals for the branch.
- Adhered to bank policies & procedures; effectively created & maintained data base of customers.
- Communicated efficiently in verbal and written modes.
- Maintained comprehensive knowledge of bank operations, including client accounts and investment guidelines.
- Created database for referral for new customers; accurately processed new customer credit applications; observed, analyzed, interpreted and maintained data.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Received outstanding quality award for superior performance in my position; proficient in secretary duties.
- Skillfully handled multiple tasks in a timely manner; well organized.
- Took initiative in providing services above and beyond expectations; precise and attentive.
- Consistently met deadlines through out the week, month, and year on projects/tasks I was assigned to complete.
- Recognized by the President for excelling as a project coordinator during a two-month period; achieved salary increase of $3,000 per year effective one month after being recognized for above mentioned accomplishments.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Worked effectively under pressure while preparing correspondence; proofread and edited documents to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Received accolades from management for being reliable and credible; served as go-to person for executives during morning and afternoon meetings.
- Proactively identified opportunities for cross-training; trained as a time entry employee to assist in monitoring the time clock.
- Received award for excellence in handling confidential information; managed confidential information relating to patients, their insurance, financial accounts, and personal matters.
- Trained as a compliment assistant, handling cash payments from customers on behalf of the staff.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Performed administrative duties for the Executive Secretary and negotiated rates and terms for promotional products.
- Maintained databases regarding the company’s products, pricing, and retirement planning. Coordinated the company’s benefits package to ensure proper coverage.
- Drafted correspondence with customers and vendors, personally addressed mail and filed documents into the proper filing cabinet.
- Served as a critical member of organization’s prayer team; successfully led prayers at new employee orientation meetings and quarterly employee recognition meetings.
- Recognized for outstanding performance from the community; served as a member of the Mayor’s task force to combat crime.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Achieved a reduction in the number of customer complaints from phone calls, e-mail messages, and letters.
- Recommended the use of a consistent format for e-mail messages; improved overall effectiveness of the office by reducing redundant efforts.
- Suggested the use of templates for call monitoring reports; achieved positive results when staff members adhered to new templates.
- Provided assistance in evaluating software applications to improve time management and workflow; achieved overall improvements in productivity.
- Presented recommendations at staff meetings that resulted in increased production and efficiency within the department.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Coached and reviewed typewritten correspondence of the President & CEO for accuracy and grammatical correctness.
- Assigned tasks accurately; worked as a member of the month-end close team.
- Coordinated with multiple departments to ensure deadlines were met; established performance metrics for each employee.
- Maintained calendar, maintained attendance, scheduled meetings and communicated to general managers when rescheduling appointments was necessary.
- Effectively managed others in the administrative department while adhering to office rules; organized calendars, distributed mailings and communicated with individuals regarding deadlines and changes in assignments.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Updated the website with the organizations’ mission statement, values, and services.
- Processed new applications for membership to the organization by updating database with member information and uploading photos.
- Answered phone calls from customers by recording their information on a spreadsheet for training purposes.
- Worked hard to meet monthly goals as issued by supervisor for accuracy, productivity, and teamwork.
- Managed key responsibilities of the organization regarding event planning and lodging.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Provided competent support to the district office by consistently meeting short deadlines and effectively maintaining communication with co-workers and clients.
- Maintained excellent customer service quality by providing fast, efficient responses to customers’ requests pertaining to filing and tax information.
- Recognized by the company president for excellent work performance; received a $300 bonus.
- Effectively implemented policy changes; received award for “going the extra mile.”
- Played an instrumental role in a successful fund-raiser; received an acknowledgment letter from the mayor of our city praising my efforts.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Effectively managed a team of data entry operators in accordance with established practices; monitored performance and demonstrated enthusiasm for work.
- Successfully completed projects with minimal direction from supervisor and/or project manager, contributing to a successful project completion.
- Maintained effective office relationships by following through on administrative tasks within specified deadlines; effectively managed multiple project assignments.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Answered telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner, resolved customer issues to the satisfaction of my supervisors and customers.
- Met or exceeded productivity standards.
- Promoted for recognition for demonstrating outstanding customer service skills; issued customer letters and resolved customer issues in a timely manner.
- Received recognition for exceeding my sales quota for independent insurance agents; generated revenue by increasing sales.
- Drove growth in small business by obtaining new clients, addressing concerns or questions from existing customers, and generating new business from other businesses.
Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Respresented the company by effectively interacting with customers and tour guides.
- Responsible for coordinating company meetings, ensuring all personnel attended.
- Performed sales hotline duties such as answering phones, guiding potential customers to appropriate representatives, monitoring applications and sales staff.
- Identified and implemented employee service excellence initiatives which resulted in increased customer satisfaction ratings and provided support for other human resources programs.
Educational requirements for this job are a high school diploma, but having a bachelor’s degree and experience can help you get hired. A secretary assistant must demonstrate excellent communication skills, excellent grammar and spelling, organizational skills, strong computer skills, discretion, empathy, time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Secretary Assistant Resume Samples
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Secretary Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up