An actress portrays a character, usually on television or in films. Although they are often used as “eye candy” to attract the attention of viewers, actresses must also possess great acting ability and perfect coordination during filming. Actresses would need to be able to speak clearly into an audio device and understand the proper body language for various scenes. In addition to those skills, actresses should also have a natural talent for acting and excellent communication skills. The minimum requirement for this role is a high school diploma or equivalent.
The Best Actress Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Actress resumes for your reference.
- Learned the vocal score, the choreography, and the blocking for scenes for a full-length musical production in six days.
- Appeared in several recordings and commercial and photo shoots for the productions.
- Solicit sponsors and funding for current and future performances.
- Volunteered for children’s activities and events the company-sponsored throughout the season to promote the community’s involvement in the arts.
- Performed in live theatre and corporate functions as a dancer and model.
- Performed in three different skits in the show 6 for 60: 6 Actors in An Hour of Skits.
- Listened to directors’ notes and incorporated feedback into the performances.
- Memorized all lines, stage positions, and cues in a timely and orderly manner.
- Created art and design for businesses, including prop fabrication; children’s toys; and design for clothing, jewelry, and mascot costumes.
- Recorded radio commercials; worked with sound studio software to create background music for television commercials.
- Maintaining efficiency throughput of assigned haunted houses or shows by efficiently loading an unloading guest.
- Assist guests while in a venue or show by providing performances.
- Enthusiastically greet and welcome guests and engage in a positive friendly manner.
- Created websites and web graphics that helped clients increase sales by 49%.
- Led major event planning efforts while working on the clock at a local daycare facility.
- Apply makeup to face and style hair to enhance appearance, considering such factors as color, camera techniques, and facial features.
- Display clothing and merchandise in commercials, advertisements, and/or fashion shows.
- Stand, turn and walk to demonstrate features of garments for observers at fashion shows, private showings, and retail establishments.
- Booked roles in “The Santa Clause 2,” “Dude, Where’s My Car?” and “Showgirlz.”
- Received award for Outstanding Actress as a lead role during student theatrical production for the university community.
- Worked with directors, other actors, and playwrights to interpret lines and develop blocking.
- Conveyed each character’s story through speech, body language, and movement.
- Styled own hair and fellow actors’ hair before performances.
- Modeled garments such as dresses, coats, underclothing, and swimwear.
- Held several jobs at various retail locations (convenience stores, department stores, and clothing stores). Sales experience included self-responsibility and peak periods of activity.
- Portrayed roles on Television shows E.R and District.
- Spent hours on sets taping scenes and becoming different characters and memorizing many scripts.
- Engaged with multiple directors and producers and made sure what they wanted to come across on screen was accomplished.
- Created and held a career website dedicated to sharing relevant articles on career and personal development.
- Submitted an application to the University of Texas at Austin Department of Theatre located in Austin where I graduated from high school.
- Work closely with directors and actors to find the interpretations suited for the role.
- Study and reheat roles from scripts to interpret, learn and memorize lines and cues as directed.
- Past projects include numerous commercials ( Dairy Queen, little Debbie) and movies ( we the party).
- Worked as a choreographer and assistant director for original musicals and plays.
- Earned recognition as a dedicated artist whose work has been favorably reviewed.
- Worked as an Actress for the past 6 years after graduating from NYU’s prestigious Tisch School of the Arts.
- Worked on feature films, commercials, and television series such as CSI Miami, Happy Endings, and The Exes to name a few.
- Devoted much of my time and energy to auditioning and acting classes, while working numerous jobs on the side.
- Developed, organized, and presented the Day of the Dead art exhibit.
- Served as stage manager, directed rehearsals, and performed in Shakespearean plays.
- Required to play the part needed at the time and keep in character at all times through the night, including keeping up high energies.
- Keeps in character and in place, ensuring a good experience for the customer.
- Continue high energy for long periods of time during the night.
- Performed as a team player to ensure a great customer experience.
- Achieved award for directing the school play; demonstrated excellence in character development and costuming.
- Promote productions using means such as interviews about shows and movies.
- Attend auditions and casting calls in order to audition for roles.
- Write original or adapted material for dramas, comedies, actions, narrations, or other performances.
- Study and rehearse roles from scripts in order to interpret, learn, and memorize lines, stunts, and cues as directed.
- Learned to blend my unique creativity, range, and versatility as a stunt performer, commercial actress, and political public speaker.
- Have been in various independent and student films and plays as an actor but also as an extra in a variety of film, television, and commercial projects.
- I also have extensive training in acting also.
- Was also in dance recitals and musicals from childhood through college but have only pursued acting as a profession and a business seriously since 2003.
- Utilized my talent for entertainment by guest-starring in several national television shows while maintaining a full radio broadcasting schedule on networks such as ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.
- As a professional actress, I was recognized by local arts organizations for outstanding community service projects.
- Maintained team communication by creating group bonding activities.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and happy working conditions.
- Established reliability and cohesion in a work environment through team building.
- Worked with other entertainers such as Frank Sinatra Jr., Jeff Wolfe (Singer), Marie Osmond(Singer), Louise Fletcher(Actress), Robert Wagner(Actor), Michael Madsen(Actor), Scott Wolf (Actor).
- Ran my own theater company (the De-Tox), and as a result became certified in the Psychology of Performance, Dance, and Drama.
How to Become a Successful Actress?
While there are no educational requirements, training and a degree can go a long way to getting you the skills you need to stand out in a competitive field. A bachelor’s in theaters or local acting classes can get you experience from someone in the field who has likely been for a while and has many skills to share.
Starting with local theaters for acting jobs will typically get you your first role, though if your community doesn’t have much in the way of acting opportunity you may have to move to a larger city where jobs will be more plentiful, as you will need work to make a living while acting.
Once you begin finding jobs you can work towards whatever line of work you enjoy the most. You can be a voice actor for animated shows, a stage actor, a Broadway or musical actor if you also have singing talent. Smaller roles in the beginning will be the key to gaining bigger ones later on.
While you are just starting out you will always want to be punctual and dedicated, as you will be creating your reputation. Hiring an agent to help you find work and negotiate deals can also go a long way to keeping you with steady work that will add more jobs to your portfolio and help you build more connections.
For everything from big budget movies to local commercials to plays, actresses bring stories to life and make media of all form entertaining. There are countless avenues for them to find work, so where you try can vary greatly depending on your individual skills and interests as well as where you are located.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.