Emergency Room Technicians assist doctors and nurses in day to day emergency room operations. Their duties include caring for patients, taking blood samples, delivering samples to the lab, sterilizing all tools and equipment, preparing rooms for doctors and nurses, transporting patients, and retrieving information from patients and documenting it.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Emergency Room Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Emergency Room Technician resumes for your reference.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated and stabilized patients and organized and transported to medical facilities.
- Performed first aid treatment on multiple victims of injuries including gunshot wounds, stab wounds, broken bones, drug overdose, etc.
- Provided basic trauma care for over 100 accident victims during three month period including chest compressions, mouth to mouth resuscitation, administration of CPR drugs such as epinephrine and atropine to counteract overdoses that included amphetamine and cocaine.
- Used equipment to monitor heart rate and other vital signs including establishing IV access for dehydrated dehydrated patients with blood glucose levels below 70 mg/dl (4 mmol/l).
- Diagnosed and treated over 300 patients with injuries including burns, lacerations, fractures, stranglings, etc.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 2
- During my first three months at the hospital, I was able to “ride the line” between caring for patients and interacting with doctors.
- Researched CPR, EKG’s, First Aid, and other medical procedures; performed my own patient care; handled multiple types of patients; performed M.R.I.’s (Magnetic Resonance Imaging); taught CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), First Aid, and Medics/ Emergency Response procedures.
- Performed CPR on stranger in face-to-face situations; provided observations in emergency situations; utilized my life skills in crisis situations; encouraged victims/ patients to get help immediately.
- Established rapport with patients by providing emotional support; stayed positive even in crisis/ emergency situations; helped patients feel comfortable.
- Realized potentials for saving lives and helping others get back on track.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 3
- Responded effectively to all situations, including medical emergencies. Recognized as best in class for firefighting skills and demonstrated capabilities during many scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to calm patients, medical personnel, and ensure safe patient transport by thoroughly documenting procedure and assisting physicians.
- Received critical review for patient care by the Emergency Room Director after demonstrating great concern for helping one of his own workers who had suffered a bad fall.
- Demonstrated exceptional skill during previous medical emergencies including three health care emergencies within one week.
- Recognized as the top-ranked job performer at boot camp after successfully completing numerous training programs offered by the Army.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 4
- Called 911, administered first aid, and monitored patient conditions.
- Negotiated patient’s medical insurance benefits. Certified patients for home health aide coverage.
- Conducted triage, prescribed medication, and assessed blood gas status of patients who were transferred to another facility for further treatment or to the intensive care unit at the hospital.
- Served as a clinical preceptor for students in various disciplines including anesthesiology, emergency medicine, neurology, neurosurgery, surgery, and ultrasound.
- Collaborated with other healthcare professionals to provide exceptional care for patients.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 5
- Coordinated and facilitated treatment of trauma patients.
- Performed duties as a Certified Emergency Technician, including CPR and the use of automated external defibrulator (AED).
- Tested and monitored blood pressure and heart rate according to established standards following the administration of medication.
- Coordinated private department resources for hospital-wide crisis handling; conducted training on recognition of bioterrorism.
- Provided first aid training at community workshops; coordinated department’s Knowledge, Attitude, Practice (KAP) survey.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 6
- Accurately monitored, recorded, and verified patient information for each incoming patient.
- Met established standards for timeliness by quickly, efficiently evaluating patients’ ailments and administering basic first aid.
- Collaborated with other first responders to transfer unresponsive patients to the Emergency Room for advanced care.
- Proactively identified and engaged in community service activities creating awareness of CPR training.
- Initiated CPR qualifications program for employees resulting in 100% completion rates among all employees enrolled.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 7
- Worked at a busy, inner-city hospital and responded to emergencies promptly, effectively, and compassionately in an atmosphere of fast-paced activity.
- Supervised Emergency Room staff to ensure completion of reports and accurate diagnosis before, during, and after treatment of patients.
- Assisted in the preparation of patients for treatment by performing preliminary procedures such as vital sign monitoring and identification.
- Testified in court regarding patients’ needs and relayed the information to the medical staff.
- Acquired knowledge through observation and experience regarding medical conditions.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 8
- Prepared and administered life support to a premature infant.
- Provided care to a four-year-old child who had been accidentally shot in the family hunting camp.
- Rescued a man from drowning while working the docks in his hometown despite being fully intoxicated.
- Slept through all fifty-nine rounds of the World Series while treating a gunshot victim at an Army Post Office.
- Informed and educated doctors, nurses, and other health personnel about proper procedures while saving lives during an overdose case at a local drugstore.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 9
- Managed the patient load in an acute care setting; responded to life-threatening medical emergencies; administered care to pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Recognized as one of the top 10 employees at the hospital for highest work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excelled by working with the physicians to establish efficient procedures for patient evaluation, treatment, discharge planning, and follow up.
- Served as chief medical officer during the hospital’s appeal for “High Quality Reimbursement” by Medicare.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Nursing which is not paid for by any university or state agency.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 10
- Prepared and administered medications to patients including intravenous injections, blood products, and antihypertensives.
- Clinically evaluated 68 patients for diagnostic purposes with the intent of referring to surgeons for treatment.
- Arranged plans of care for patients by communicating with nurses, surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists, and patients’ family members.
- Organized 24-hour coverage of emergency room staff personnel by directing personnel schedules with the nurse manager.
- Executed processes to systematize communication between physicians during night shifts through the use of an electronic communication system.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 11
- Assisted physicians in the treatment of patients in the Emergency Room.
- Trained to obtain certification for CPR, ACLS, BLS, and alternate airway techniques.
- Recognized by Emergency Room Director for outstanding performance in treatment of pediatric patients.
- Delivered patient information to doctors via radio during ambulance transport to Emergency Room.
- Trained in effective use of numerous medical instruments including an EKG machine, stethoscope, pulse oximeter, sphygmomanometer, thermometer, otoscope, laryngoscope, bedside ventilator with oxygen tanks.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 12
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to loan applications.
- Compiled data related to emergency room check-in times while achieving perfect attendance record during the month of February.
- Accomplished two assessments while monitoring patient temperature between 104 °F and 108 °F within five minutes of arrival at the ER department.
Emergency Room Technician Resume Sample 13
- Interfaced with patients, family, physicians, emergency medical technicians, and hospital staff to effectively manage emergency room flow.
- Responded promptly to emergency calls regarding domestic violence; provided emotional support and direction to victims; reported acts of violence.
- Assisted in the preparation of beds for patients; cleaned bathroom area; stocked supplies.
- Prepared sterile instruments for use in surgeries; monitored vital signs during patient examinations.
- Performed phlebotomy procedures on patients; maintained accurate inventory records of medications; expedited medication requests for physicians.
To work as an Emergency Room Technician you will be required to obtain a Certified Nursing Assistant’s (CNA) certificate or an Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) certificate as well as CPR certification. Emergency Room Technicians must demonstrate strong communication skills, the ability to make quick decisions, flexibility, critical-thinking skills, the ability to stay focused, compassion, empathy, and teamwork skills in order to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.