At every company, no matter what it deals with or sells or where it is located, keeping a constant supply of skilled and enthusiastic employees is critical to success at every level of the industry and at all times. A staffing coordinator is the one who keeps track of current employment needs and works to close them with appropriate staff.
How to Become a Successful Staffing Coordinator?
- The educational requirements for this position are rather flexible due to the multifaceted nature of the field and the many places that can employ you. A bachelor’s in business or administration can give you the skills you need, but a program in the humanities like communication is also quite likely to prepare you as well.
- Typically when you are hired you will begin as a part of a team instead of a coordinator. Here in this position you will review resumes, reach out to specific potential hires, and assist with the interview process and report your findings back. This will give you valuable experience in the process of hiring.
- As a coordinator your role will be as much more of a leader, as others will report back to you and you will need to work with them to get the job done. Good leadership skills will make organizing the efforts of many people much easier, and make them far more likely to want to continue working with you in the future.
Being organized will make it much easier to survey the efforts of your employees and take track of any potential gaps in the company that need to be filled. Whether it’s a high level position or a low that needs to be filled, you should always put forth the same amount of dedication and care to finding a candidate.
The Best Staffing Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Staffing Coordinator resumes for your reference.
- Reviewed and requested Companies staffing needs and arrange scheduling to meet the needs of the clients.
- Developed creative recruiting strategies that met anticipated staffing needs.
- Thoroughly explained the employee handbook during new employee orientations.
- Served as link between clients & employees by handling questions, interpreting & administering contracts as well as helping resolve work related problems.
- Determined staffing needs for optimal client coverage and care ratios for behavioral therapists for children with autism.
- Coordinated the scheduling of services of behavioral therapists for in home therapy sessions with patients.
- Communicated with therapists and managed all schedule changes on electronic system (WebABA).
- Operational liaison for Human Resources and other departments such as insurance and upper management.
- Work directly with the other Staffing Coordinators and report to the Director of Client Care to assure stability, continuation, and satisfaction on each case.
- Handle telephone inquiries for caregiver positions and schedules as well as directing calls to the appropriate person.
- Schedule caregivers for client assignments according to employee availability and client needs.
- Worked as a team member performing office work, processed payroll for 300+ candidates while providing excellent customer service, assisted candidates and clients in person and via telephone.
- Ensured superior customer service experience by addressing candidates and clients.
- Handled heavy daily flow of paperwork; answered corporate questions on candidates and clients concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.
- Promote a team environment & provide work direction & guidance including coaching, professional development & training.
- Serve as liaison with contracted registries that provide traveler and per diem patient care staff.
- Responsible for verifying, compiling, and updating compliance files, including license, credentials, and competency skills documentation related to area of service for registry staff as required by JCAHO and hospital policy.
- Coordinating position control with leadership to ensure registry positions are posted and filled in a timely manner.
- Increase company profits through successful fulfillment of staffing requests by clients.
- Successfully implemented a variety of recruiting practices bringing an estimated 30% increase in hiring.
- Developed practices to improve employee retention and promotion through one on one interactions with staff and turning feedback into practices, creating increased trust and communication with staff.
- Improved work flow process for billing/accts receivable, increasing profit through reduction of labor costs.
- Receive requests for home care services and coordinate request with clients, Care Partners and referrals sources.
- Gather all necessary information from caller and complete scheduling request in timely manner.
- Ensure deposits or third party authorizations are received on all cases/schedules shifts.
- Recruited, interviewed, prescreened, and determined candidate qualifications.
- Analyzed job requisitions and determined proper candidate for placement.
- Communicated with clients and candidates regularly to establish rapport, and source new leads.
- Liaison with client meetings, prepared meeting agenda, took/distributed meeting minutes.
- Providing and coordinating daily staffing needs within Zion hospital for nursing needs to be properly fulfilled within state regulations and standard of care.
- Providing accurate and timely information to managers and supervisors throughout hospital units.
- Maintained and co-managed Input of sick calls and nursing scheduling to properly acquire daily needs.
- Document all calls, appointments, complaints, and hours, and complete the payroll.
- Ensure appropriate staff to client ratio is maintained and that caregivers have good attitudes.
- Assign and schedule caretakers with the right skills to meet emerging and on-going patient care needs.
- Coordinated the offer and post-offer processes including extending job offers, drafting offer letters, conducting and obtaining employment clearances, hiring candidates in ADP Workforce Now, and organizing and conducting new hire orientation.
- Maintained staffing charts and created staffing reports for executives in the organization.
- Attended recruitment events held at various local school districts, community colleges, and universities.
- Scheduled 150+ field staff employees daily based on their qualifications and availability at hotels, private events, and sporting events by fielding a high volume and calls and emails.
- Played an integral role in the day-to-day operations while not only staffing events, but creating sales, managing accounting, HR, and assisting in technological services.
- Manage the on-boarding process of new staff including recruiting, running background checks, reviewing files and issuing disciplinary action when necessary.