These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Bar Server resumes for your reference.
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Organized and promoted a summer-long series of outdoor events.
- Marketed, suggested, prepared & served top-notch drinks with exceptional customer service.
- Effectively handled customer complaints and special requests.
- Provided excellent customer service with complete knowledge of restaurant menu and job functions.
- Supported management team by helping to implement new changes and procedures.
- Established repeat business by developing positive relationships with customers.
- Participated in multiple company training workshops to ensure company benchmarks were achieved.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by delivering quality guest service and amenities within company’s standards.
- Worked for 78 hours every week and have great mental strength and determination and able to work well under pressure and in a constantly challenging environment.
- Achieved greater fluency in the English language clearly, distinctly and cordially with guest and crew. Improved my knowledge of drinks selection and service.
- Was promoted to bar server within the first 2 months due to my knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Executed proper service to customers precisely and accurately with zero mistakes or write ups during my shifts.
- Trained new employees on the menu, computer system as well as to serve and expedite orders.
- Possess a strong commitment to fellow team members by taking on extra shifts and covering for colleagues when scheduling conflicts would arise.
- Trained new employees, displaying strong leadership and communication skills.
- Assist guests in selecting menu items with comprehensive knowledge of inventory on hand, drink mechanics and drink pricing.
- Responsible for merchandise flow and the protection of business assets and physical cash.
- In charge of the set up and organization of all private events and banquets.
- Conduct payroll and all management administrative tasks, including inventory counts, employee scheduling and record keeping.
- Collaborated with local reps to host various promotional events and submit bi-weekly orders.
- Greets and converses with guest and answer the question, provide information for the customers and promote special drink and selling premium brands to the customer.
- Computes and presents the bill to customer and collects sea-pass card from them to make payment and calculate tips, discounts, percentages and refunds(if we need) present the final bill to the customer and collect signature.
- During the emergency situation direct passenger to the safe area or the correct way to leave the ship.
- Knowledgeable in meeting, anticipating and later providing high quality services to the customers.
- Experienced in arranging, stocking and sanitizing the bar based on customer trends.
- Ability to help customers to choose drinks and food from extensive menu, taking orders and pleasing customers.
- As a private club, maintained excellent customer service to all members, guests of members, and to fellow co-workers.
- General bartending duties, as well as five star service in the main dining halls.
- Serviced corporate parties, private events including weddings, and other personal parties.
- Also was utilized as a golf cart beverage attendant.
- Efficiently mixed ingredients to prepare cocktails, poured beers and wines in accordance to drink recipes.
- Utilized the Uno Standard of service while being responsible for multiple lounge tables as well as a 16-seat bar top.
- Maintained Bar and surrounding workspace for safety and cleanliness.
- Described different ingredients and tastes to customers; accurately explained details and quality of food.
- Earned management trust by closing and opening restaurant without supervison.
- Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot.