A Bar Server is on hand to provide excellent customer service at a restaurant or bar. Duties include seating customers, taking drink orders, delivering food, handling payment procedures, and cleaning tables. The top skills for this position are customer service, dining room/kitchen operations, food preparation procedures, communication, and knowledge of restaurant or bar procedures. At a minimum, a high school diploma is required for this position.
The Best Bar Server Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Bar Server resumes for your reference.
- Check patrons’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Prepare checks that itemize total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Recognized for accurate beverage preparation, exceptional guest service, and zero mistakes in the catered event, “The Annual Convention of the Finger Lakes Society”, by the Director of Catering, who had managed the catering department for over 30 years.
- Organized and promoted a summer-long series of outdoor events.
- Marketed, suggested, prepared & served top-notch drinks with exceptional customer service.
- Effectively handled customer complaints and special requests.
- Volunteered in a week-long training program to become an integral part of a team that provided quality service onboard a cruise ship.
- Acted as server/bartender when annual convention events exceeded my catering manager’s expectations.
- Provided excellent customer service with complete knowledge of restaurant menu and job functions.
- Supported management team by helping to implement new changes and procedures.
- Established repeat business by developing positive relationships with customers.
- Participated in multiple company training workshops to ensure company benchmarks were achieved.
- Received exemplary performance ratings from supervisors when I demonstrated knowledge of spirits and mixed drinks (particularly margaritas) upon request during the bartending portion of my evaluation.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by delivering quality guest service and amenities within the company’s standards.
- Worked for 78 hours every week and have great mental strength and determination and ability to work well under pressure and in a constantly challenging environment.
- Achieved greater fluency in the English language clearly, distinctly, and cordially with guests and crew. Improved my knowledge of drinks selection and service.
- Crafted a friendly atmosphere and made patrons feel welcome at all times. Took feedback from customers in a timely and positive manner.
- Organized and assigned shifts, served as backup host to any position, booked special events and parties, scheduled reservations, maintained large events calendar, kept all areas clean, interacted with customers, dealt with problems as they arose.
- Was promoted to bar server within the first 2 months due to my knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits.
- Executed proper service to customers precisely and accurately with zero mistakes or write-ups during my shifts.
- Trained new employees on the menu, computer system as well as to serve and expedite orders.
- Fostered relationships between staff members and guests; handled personal problems among employees as well as external visitors adhering to hotel’s policy no matter how disruptive or serious.
- In charge of opening up first floor and basement areas simultaneously catering to guests’ needs in addition to managing reservations and service levels of the entire restaurant.
- Possess a strong commitment to fellow team members by taking on extra shifts and covering for colleagues when scheduling conflicts would arise.
- Trained new employees, displaying strong leadership and communication skills.
- Assist guests in selecting menu items with comprehensive knowledge of inventory on hand, drink mechanics and drink pricing.
- Served patrons in a professional manner, demonstrating a sense of urgency and a dedication to quality service.
- Increased beverage sales by 25% by developing and implementing a special drink promotion with the lounge manager.
- Responsible for merchandise flow and the protection of business assets and physical cash.
- In charge of the setup and organization of all private events and banquets.
- Conduct payroll and all management administrative tasks, including inventory counts, employee scheduling, and record keeping.
- Collaborated with local reps to host various promotional events and submit bi-weekly orders.
- Handled difficult customers by listening to their needs, then offering suggestions on how they could be better served.
- Greets and converses with guest and answer question, provide information for the customers and promote the special drink, and sells premium brands to the customer.
- Computes and presents the bill to the customer and collects sea-pass cards from them to make payment and calculate tips, discounts, percentages, and refunds(if we need) present the final bill to the customer and collect a signature.
- During the emergency situation direct passengers to the safe area or the correct way to leave the ship.
- Recognized by the Regional General Manager for the outstanding quality of service and genuine concern for customers’ satisfaction.
- Managed bar operations during major events; handled difficult situations in a calm, efficient manner; creating an atmosphere of fun for everybody.
- Knowledgeable in the meeting, anticipating, and later providing high-quality services to the customers.
- Experienced in arranging, stocking, and sanitizing the bar based on customer trends.
- Ability to help customers to choose drinks and food from an extensive menu, taking orders and pleasing customers.
- Initiated daily menu specials according to seasonal food availability.
- Aided in reducing slow periods of business due to staggering lunch, dinner, and bar hours.
- As a private club, maintaining excellent customer service to all members, guests of members, and to fellow co-workers.
- General bartending duties, as well as five-star service in the main dining halls.
- Serviced corporate parties, private events including weddings, and other personal parties.
- Also was utilized as a golf cart beverage attendant.
- Enthusiastically supervised a team that led the company to first place in gross sales for a single month; recognized by management for outstanding performance.
- Efficiently mixed ingredients to prepare cocktails, poured beers and wines in accordance to drink recipes.
- Utilized the Uno Standard of service while being responsible for multiple lounge tables as well as a 16-seat bar top.
- Maintained Bar and surrounding workspace for safety and cleanliness.
- Adhered to cost-saving suggestions by calculating inventory items and tightening controls over wine storage methods.
- Suggested use of recycled glass containers for ice; resulting in lowered cost of utilities and increased profits through bar sales.
- Described different ingredients and tastes to customers; accurately explained details and quality of food.
- Earned management trust by closing and opening restaurants without supervision.
- Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy, and resolving problems on the spot.
- Acknowledged Mr. Michael’s last-minute presence by serving him before the meeting started.
- Kept my cool throughout the violent encounter without raising my voice or taking out my weapon; at least one person is going to learn something tonight.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.