Project Control Specialists oversee projects for the construction or engineering companies. Their responsibilities include leading projects, communicating changes, tracking progress, directing teams in data collection reports, producing reports, and analyzing financial data and budgets.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Project Control Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Project Control Specialist resumes for your reference.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Spearheaded a team of project managers to meet deadlines on an $800,000,000 mine development project.
- Scheduled and monitored production functions for a mine refinery with a capacity of 3,500 tons per day.
- Liaised with contractors to manage labor and material deliveries by using job cost information.
- Reviewed requisitions for equipment, material and services; recommended alternatives to meet project requirements.
- Monitored invoicing and payments to subcontractors; ensured compliance with company policies and procedures.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Performed all aspects of budget administration, including obligation, reserve maintenance, outlay, and outyear updates.
- Redesigned project status reports according to new processes; saved company time and resources by more efficiently reporting project statuses.
- Assisted with development of new organizational system for filing records which streamlined retrieval process and eliminated lost files.
- Acted as point of contact for contractors, vendors, and other project stakeholders; successfully coordinated efforts with minimal disruption to project schedule.
- Successfully managed $1M in contracts for multiple projects; ensured all deliverables were completed on time and within budget.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Manage all aspects of project/on-call scheduling and control for two locations, including equipment and personnel.
- Exceed productivity goals by 30%; recognized as an excellent team member by the Regional Manager as a result of improved processes and procedures to meet workload demands.
- Familiar with virtually every aspect of the job having been cross-trained in accounts payable, human resources, and purchasing; able to provide support as needed.
- Instrumental in developing and implementing standardized processes across both locations, which resulted in increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining focus on priorities; able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Organized, directed, and streamlined the processing of project specific requirements for projects involving several federal agencies.
- Assisted with instructing new employees on how to complete tasks; provided feedback on job performance; prepared Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs).
- Overhauled current tracking system from paper-based tasking to an electronic system; streamlined and automated workflow, which saved the company time and money.
- Was responsible for updating and maintaining the project controls database, including document tracking and filing; assisted with audits.
- Improved accuracy of data input into the project controls database; corrected errors in data entry.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Ensured all project related documentation was completed consecutively and accurately to meet company standards.
- Trained all new employees in data entry process, maintenance, and procedures while managing projects from start to finish.
- Promoted to Project Control Specialist after demonstrating ability to manage more complex projects with greater discretion over assigned resources.
- Demonstrated exceptional skills in data management by compiling, reviewing, and analyzing a wide variety of data related to assigned projects; effectively communicated project status updates to all stakeholders.
- Received numerous awards for accuracy and efficiency while performing job duties; consistently met or exceeded productivity goals.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Successfully managed and completed multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining compliance with company standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail by maintaining accurate records and logs for project progress.
- Proven ability to effectively handle customer inquiries and provide customer service support.
- Earned customer satisfaction award for exceeding customer expectations.
- Identified and corrected project-related problems quickly and efficiently.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Successfully managed, monitored and controlled multiple complex construction projects from start to finish within budget and on schedule.
- Administered and coordinated all project documentation including contracts, submittals, change orders, meeting minutes, and daily reports.
- Liaised with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and suppliers to ensure project requirements were met.
- Monitored and analyzed progress of projects on a daily basis to identify and initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and decision making, ensuring projects ran smoothly from beginning to end.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Conduct cost and schedule analyses to determine the impact of new work on project schedules, budgets, and milestones.
- Maintain clear and effective communication with multiple parties such as customers, management, and vendors during all stages of a contract.
- Exceeded $1 million in total savings for clients across three projects through diligent and effective project control practices.
- Instrumental in the successful completion of two complex projects, both on time and under budget.
- Received a prestigious company award for exceptional performance as a Project Control Specialist.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Managed, completed and delivered projects for six years in a timely manner by maintaining deadlines.
- Responded to issues in an effective manner which lead to the successful completion of projects on time; recognized by the Vice President of Operations for outstanding performance.
- Recovered $500,000 prior year budget shortfall by identifying opportunities to build internal efficiencies.
- Awarded compliance inspector for catching a material issue before shipping out product; gained appreciation from management, plant personnel, suppliers and customers.
- Organized all project documents in an efficient manner while taking advantage of computer technology to improve workflow.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Managed company construction of over $3.8 million in new developments; skilled at meeting deadlines, identifying revisions necessary for projects to meet budget and layout requirements.
- Gained recognition as Project Manager of the Month for work on a $12M airport expansion.
- Learned how to utilize project management software and databases to effectively create and track project goals, timelines, and resources.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills while corresponding with clients, architects, contractors, and city officials via email and in-person meetings.
- Received certification as a Microsoft Project Server 2013 Administrator.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Collated, updated, and consolidated data to track the progress of project phases.
- Interfaced with manufacturing to provide relevant information related to customer requests.
- Scheduled meetings to maintain effective communication with project team members.
- Accomplished $100K+ in cost savings by reducing travel expenses, overtime, and contract rates.
- Received an award for Outstanding Achievement in Project Control from the company president.
Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Ensured project was completed on time and within budget by the efficient control of subcontractors, suppliers, and government agencies.
- Displayed excellent interpersonal skills when working with customers, which allowed for resolution in conflict situations.
- Held an impeccable record at work for never missing a deadline or delaying a project; recognized by peers in awarding full appreciation.
- Yielded an increase in productivity to $5 million in revenue by developing strategies to improve client relations and customer satisfaction.
- Successfully managed multiple projects including drafting proposal documents for an international organization.
To work as a Project Control Specialist, a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Science or equivalent field is required. Also, prior expericne is preferred but not required. To succeed as a Project Control Specialist, it is important to have excellent writing skills, speaking skills, leadership, decision-making skills, analytical skills, technical skills, business skills, and time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Project Control Specialist Resume Samples
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Project Control Specialist Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up