A Dance Instructor is a person who knows a lot about dance and music thus trains others.They train and supervise students to help them develop their dancing skills. What the dance instructor does is to teach a student how to dance, track the progress of the student and create new dance routines.
How To Become A Successful Dance Instructor?
As a Dance Instructor, you must continue to improve your art. You must attend dance lessons and take part in competitions to improve your activities. You must eat a balanced diet and exercise your body to remain fit and healthy.
A Dance Instructor is required to have at least a high school diploma. The availability of this diploma shows that you have the communication and writing skills necessary to communicate with students and parents.
You can start up a channel on YouTube which is a nice way to improve your social media presence, build your followers, and promote your work at the same time. This also gives you the opportunity to use the platform to make online lessons.
You can join a Professional Dance Teachers Association to build trust in the minds of future students. This also helps to create a connection with teachers and keep up with what’s happening in the business.
The Best Dance Instructor Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Dance Teacher resumes for your reference.
- Actively worked with and invited dancers to take part in company activities.
- Organized, planned and designed each class according to skill level.
- Kept track of records and goals set at the beginning of the year.
- Actively advertises the studio by sharing information with parents and students.
- Also sharing and promoting videos of my students on various platforms on social media.
- Introduce proper modern dance and ballet steps and techniques.
- Choreograph, demonstrate, and perform the combinations correctly for the students to follow.
- Introduce and implement proper techniques to be observed while dancing, which involve warm-ups and stretching prior to dance.
- Ensures parents are well informed on studio updates and upcoming events.
- Engaging and communicating with other teachers and parents, addressing any questions about policies, events, billing questions, and any concerns that need to be addressed.
- Providing exemplar customer service to customers through keeping a positive and engaging attitude and overall a friendly and fun environment for children and parents.
- Teach ballet and tap beginning through intermediate technique lessons to children ages 3 – 17 and adults.
- Teach concepts such as coordination, balance, memory skills, gross motor skills, and creative movement.
- Teach and demonstrate correct tap and ballet postural alignment and technique to avoid injury.
- Incorporate warmups, stretching, and cool down routines at the beginning and intermediate level.
- Assisted in creating strategies with a team of counselors to involve parents in student lives.
- Monitored gifted students on after school trips within Holiday Camp.
- Created an incentive program to establish responsibility in students and sustain behavior.
- Classroom leader of both 7th & 8th grade boys at Essence School and served as parent liaison.
- Instructed four classes consisting of students ranging in ages from 8 to 15 years old.
- Choreographed and coached ballet pieces consisting of solos, duets, trios and groups for the studio’s competitive dance team.
- Assisted with administrative responsibilities supported by Microsoft Office.
- Ran studio year round, including two semesters with closing performances as well as summer offerings for all ages.
- Worked with local businesses for purposes of charitable events and fundraising.
- Expanded studio offerings to include ballet, tap, jazz, modern, lyrical, creative movement, hip-hop, Christian Dance, Cultural Dance, Dance Company, Private Lessons & Musical Theatre.
- Oversaw creation of fully functioning Theatre Department in 2004 which included full scale theatrical productions, concerts & performance/theater history classes.
- Implemented and designed a curriculum for Dance Team.
- The program involved instruction in tap, jazz, ballet, and modern dance styles.
- Choreographed and scheduled routines for performances at high school events.
- Choreographed new combinations and routines on a weekly basis.
- Coordinated with students and parents to organize fund raisers to build the team budget.
- Choreograph and prepare the children for annual dance recitals and competitions.
- Registered students, took monthly payments, and answered incoming phone calls.
- Also spoke with parents and children regarding any inquiries about dance classes, recitals or competitions.
- Give Dance lessons to students on different levels, from beginners to experienced ones.
- Conducted sales of different packages of lessons, individual dance program coordinator.
- Make choreographies and participated in showcases. Entertainment.
- Taught ballet, tap, jazz, modern and hip-hop dance to approximately 100 students ages 2 through adult.
- Co-planned recitals, 11 full-length stage productions, regional and national performances, competitions, field trips, fundraisers, workshops, community service projects, and parades.
- Managed company website, 3 social network business pages, local advertising, and other marketing initiatives.
- Attended workshops and conferences to improve teaching methods, style, and technique.
- Utilize education in training and knowledge of the body’s muscles groups, supported tendons/ligaments and bone structure in relation to the choreography, stretches and lessons taught.
- Encourage natural/healthy/balanced nutrition for high performance/energy output and supportive digestive health.
- Choreograph group dance routines for local, state and national competitions.
- Operate music, mixing and DJ software, for high intensity workouts, dance routines and performances.