Game Developers work to create video games or related programs. They can do this by creating the game’s rules and storyline, working with artists to design scenes and characters, developing the program’s functionality through coding, testing games to identify problems, and performing necessary maintenance. The top skills for this position are creativity, computer software skills, analytical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and communication skills. Employers prefer candidates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, video game development, or a related field.
The Best Game Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Game Developer’s resumes for your reference.
- Created full game engine to incorporate all specified and unspecified features in the games, including asset rendering, camera movement, dialogs, player actions, menu systems, statistics, and music integration.
- Integrated communication between cloud-based servers, web services, and front-end systems.
- Worked closely with the creative director to design and execute new features and gameplay requirements.
- Reported team progress to management, other divisions, and outside organizations as needed.
- Designed and implemented a software system for an insurance company’s back-office operations.
- Programmed games in Game Maker/ Unity/ UDK/ Microsoft Visual C++.
- Created graphic designs, audio, and gameplay aspects.
- Developed QA test plans to ensure quality/functionality throughout the lifecycle.
- Updated an existing database for a multiline phone system, existing systems utilized Dbase II.
- Wrote C++ applications for the Internet for several different clients.
- Led development of numerous games, managing another designer, an artist, and game testers.
- Learned and performed management and self-motivational duties required for being your own boss and being entirely responsible for your own success and paycheck.
- Reached out to media, game reviewers, and press to promote games and company-related news while also coding, creating art and promotional images, press releases, maintaining design documentation and marketing databases.
- Successfully ran a Kickstarter to raise money for the development of an anti-bullying video game.
- Developed applications in Visual Basic and Excel as well as other tedious works according to standards and specifications provided by the client.
- Consulted on various aspects of the product development/design process.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of the Anachronism(TM) marketing plan.
- Worked with the Marketing department in attaining the History Channel license.
- Created a PHP application to allow users to access information from a database stored on the same server where the PHP code was running.
- Crafted new, original concepts for computer games, storylines, characters, and environments that were widely acclaimed by the user community.
- Used CrazyBump to create normal maps for use on models.
- Used the ARMA 2 development kit to create interactive training scenarios for security system operators in Afghanistan.
- Trained surveillance operators from the U.S. and British military for immediate operations using both static scenarios and scenarios that I manipulated on the fly.
- Developed and implemented technical designs to improve the efficiency of the work environment.
- Helped create 32-bit software tools used to develop 2D and 3D games.
- Integral to the design and development of the PC/console game â€œThe Sun At Nightâ€, which was built using the XNA framework with a custom game engine.
- Involved in the design and implementation of numerous game systems including weapons, skills, quests, and navigation.
- Developed new tools and features for the game engine to aid in level building and scripting.
- Worked on design and scripting for quests, dialogue, and enemy encounters.
- Skillfully initiated and managed multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage a small team and direct efforts to utilize skills and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Regularly meet with clients and discuss their vision and timetable for the current project.
- Explore various types of AR/VR technologies through hands-on research and independent development.
- Concurrently serve on multiple teams, filling diverse roles on numerous projects.
- Created a quality assurance program in accordance with ISO 9001 standards; improved overall productivity while reducing rework costs by 25%.
- Worked in small teams with tight deadlines to produce innovative concepts.
- Created assets to work with motion capture and simulation-based projects.
- Produced games to enhance the interactive learning experience of Canisius Science Camp and to aid in the recovery of patients at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Designed, planned, and developed three video game software titles for Windows.
- Supervised a team of four software engineers, who created the video game engine to compensate for the time delay between the United States and Japan, which reduced quality issues.
- Development tasks in â€˜Olive 3D virtual world’, a video game-style interaction tool, to be used for training emergency first responders.
- Added customized objects in the 3D world, interaction with avatars, creating cool animations using particle effects, using C++ and XML schema as the development language.
- Various GUI enhancements, giving a more presentable look. Added the feature of retaining the settings, even when the tool is closed.
- Added rain effects in the virtual world using particle effects. Developed the function to distribute it across many clients in C++.
- Performed technical analysis of an existing video game to improve strategic functions and enhance graphic quality.
- Responsible for designing and implementing prototypes of core game systems and controls using C# and UnityScript(Java).
- Design and implement proto-type in-game interactive advertising slots for the game environment.
- Generate proto-type art and Character/AI assets/animations using Reallusion’s iClone.
- Produced a prototype of a third-person shooter title in less than six months; designed special effects and gameplay features that were cost-effective but maintained quality standards.
- Promoted an online gaming environment that saved the company over $1.5 million in server costs by designing and implementing a state-of-the-art Cross-platform Game Server.
- Develop video games for the Windows PC, Android Phone/Tablet, and NVIDIA Shield.
- Lead a team of three people responsible for level design and art.
- Interface with publishers and media to ensure widespread distribution.
- Enhanced existing web-based play experiences for users by creating a new website design, which doubled the number of hits per day and increased revenue per day by ~65%.
- Developed a new “rules engine” that reduced programming time to build new card games from 18 months to 3 months.
- Custom shader in AGAL, which renders balls with sub-pixel precision and anti-aliasing, thus at low speeds ball doesn’t jump by a whole pixel (which is really noticeable).
- Managed to port physics engine of old Pool by GameDesire with CrossBridge compiler.
- Tool for sprite sheet compression which performs much better than standard methods.
- Created new game concepts and tested them with focus groups to determine marketability – resulting in 3 game titles published with positive returns on investment.
- Designed, created, and published over 30 video games for computer formats.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.