These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Game Developer resumes for your reference.
- Created full game engine to incorporate all specified and unspecified features in the games, including asset rendering, camera movement, dialogs, player actions, menu systems, statistics, and music integration.
- Integrated communication between cloud-based servers, web services, and front-end systems.
- Worked closely with creative director to design and execute new features and gameplay requirements.
- Reported team progress to management, other divisions, and outside organizations as needed.
- Programmed games in Game Maker/ Unity/ UDK/ Microsoft Visual C++.
- Created graphic designs, audio, and game play aspects.
- Developed QA test plans to insure quality/functionality throughout lifecycle.
- Led development of numerous games, managing another designer, an artist and game testers.
- Learned and performed management and self-motivational duties required for being your own boss and being entirely responsible for your own success and paycheck.
- Reached out to media, game reviewers and press to promote games and company related news while also coding, creating art and promotional images, press releases, maintaining design documentation and marketing databases.
- Successfully ran a Kickstarter to raise money for development of an anti-bullying video game.
- Consulted on various aspects of the product development/design process.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of the Anachronism(TM) marketing plan.
- Worked with the Marketing department in attaining the History Channel license.
- Used CrazyBump to create normal maps for use on models.
- Used the ARMA 2 development kit to create interactive training scenarios for security system operators in Afghanistan.
- Trained surveillance operators from the U.S. and British military for immediate operations using both static scenarios and scenarios that I manipulated on the fly.
- Integral to the design and development of the PC/console game “The Sun At Night”, which was built using the XNA framework with a custom game engine.
- Involved in the design and implementation of numerous game systems including weapons, skills, quests and navigation.
- Developed new tools and features for the game engine to aid in level building and scripting.
- Worked on design and scripting for quests, dialogue and enemy encounters.
- Manage a small team and direct efforts to utilize skills and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Regularly meet with clients and discuss their vision and time-table for the current project.
- Explore various types of AR/VR technologies through hands-on research and independent development.
- Concurrently serve on multiple teams, filling diverse roles on numerous projects.
- Worked in Small teams with tight deadlines to produce innovative concepts.
- Created assets to work with motion capture and simulation based projects.
- Produced games to enhance the interactive learning experience of Canisius Science Camp and to aid in the recovery of patients at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
- Development tasks in ‘Olive 3D virtual world’ , a video game styled interaction tool , to be used for training emergency first responders.
- Added customized objects in 3D world, interaction with avatars, creating cool animations using particle effects, using C++ and xml schema as the development language.
- Various GUI enhancements, giving a more presentable look. Added the feature of retaining the settings , even when tool is closed.
- Added rain effects in the virtual world using particle effects. Developed the function to distribute it across many clients in C++.
- Responsible for designing and implementing proto-types of core game systems and controls using C# and UnityScript(Java).
- Design and implement proto-type in-game interactive advertising slots for game environment.
- Generate proto-type art and Character/AI assets/animations using Reallusion’s iClone.
- Develop video games for the Windows PC, Android Phone/Tablet, and NVIDIA Shield.
- Lead a team of three people responsible for level design and art.
- Interface with publishers and media to ensure widespread distribution.
- Custom shader in AGAL, which renders balls with sub-pixel precision and anti-aliasing, thus at low speeds ball doesn’t jump by a whole pixel (which is really noticeable).
- Managed to port physics engine of old Pool by GameDesire with CrossBridge compiler.
- Tool for sprite sheet compression which performs much better than standard methods.