A commercial real estate paralegal assist lawyers with the preparation of property sales. A commercial real estate paralegal’s responsibilities include drafting purchase documentation, completing property sales agreements, researching, providing support to client issues, assisting attorneys with other legal matters, and review contracts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Real Estate Paralegal resumes for your reference.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 1
- Assist with the development of legal documents, (i.e., leases, deeds, contracts) and real estate transactions.
- Prepare documents to be drafted by a lawyer (i.e., purchase, sale, lease) as well as purchase and retirement of business/property interests.
- Compile information from sources such as public records and corporate filings to create databases which are essential in compiling financial records for companies, including portfolio analysis and investment projection.
- Review legal documents and prepare legal briefs for clients who request assistance with their residential or commercial real estate transactions (i.e., property appraisals).
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, and contractors to ensure that construction projects adhere to all legal requirements.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 2
- Prepared and assisted with the drafting of purchase and sales agreements, contracts, and leases.
- Collaborated with lender for preparing purchase agreement for commercial real estate transaction.
- Drafted letters to lenders concerning loan closings, closing statements, title reports, walk-thru procedures, security deposits (pre-closing), etc.
- Obtained title reports from county recorders and prepared loan closing statements.
- Documented seller’s deed in National Crime Information Center database (NCIC) under criminal background check process in accordance with FDCPA laws in order to save lender time and money by eliminating borrower’s right to wrongfully foreclose on the property.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 3
- Performed legal research and drafted documents pertaining to leasing, development, and sales contracts.
- Drafted leases with tenant input; acquired, researched, and complied with federal, state, county and municipal regulations to appropriately protect landlord rights.
- Negotiated loan agreements with investor; negotiated salaries for investment personnel.
- Created internal document control system for owners’ corporation; researched property assets including commercial loans, appraisals, insurance policy information.
- Investigated claims for personal property damage against the landlord; concluded disputes were admissible as evidence in court according to valid statutes.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 4
- Creatively analyzed complex real estate issues
- Communicated and promoted deals to brokers, appraisers, and investors.
- Prepared conveyance documents for SFR’s and condominium units.
- Used Microsoft Office Suite to create sales advertising materials used in MLS listings.
- Created sales reports which included BOLO listings and sales process tracking using Excel spreadsheets.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 5
- Research, compile, and review legal documents and agreements.
- Arranged, scheduled, and coordinated client meetings with attorneys and brokers.
- Created, verified, and updated files in the computer database.
- Forwarded detailed information to relevant departments; verified fulfillment of client requests.
- Achieved the highest level of customer service satisfaction during my tenure at the company based on post-meeting questionnaires with clients.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 6
- Performed legal due diligence on three commercial properties.
- Met and exceeded all deadlines for registration of property.
- Maintained contract compliance as a real estate paralegal to high standards of quality and consistency.
- Drafted, negotiated, and executed contracts for the purchase and sale of real estate in which all parties were satisfied with the transaction.
- Interacted with the owner whenever needed while appreciating nuances between various business interests regarding boundary lines, easements and easements restrictions, etc.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 7
- Received outstanding paralegal work performance award for the year.
- Worked on numerous commercial real estate transactions representing over 100 investors and landowners about town.
- Acquired an intense knowledge of commercial leases and property transfers through trial experience incourt during preliminary court hearings and appeals.
- Created contracts from scratch; maintained knowledge of standard forms, leases, and documents by identifying trends indicative of value throughout different market segments.
- Successfully closed a reverse acquisition transaction with a local bank’s constituent; assisted in obtaining a loan for land for expanded development in the same neighborhood through an exchange of properties.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 8
- Created, coordinated, and maintained the bailiwick’s legal services.
- Completed over 100 matters per month ranging from deeds to utility transfers to planning meetings.
- Coordinated a cross country firmwide lawsuit for a major tenant that included obtaining discovery, obtaining authorization for sanctions, preparing testimony and/or providing deposition testimony, and providing closing testimony before the United States District Court.
- Translated from English to Spanish language documents into Spanish for signature purposes by a client.
- Conducted in excess of one hundred interviews per month as well as maintained basic knowledge of local real estate market trends.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 9
- Confirmed accurate and valid legal measurements, descriptions, and boundary lines for over 200 buildings in a 15-county area.
- Confirmed property tax and assessment records relating to buildings by physical count in a given neighborhood or region.
- Ordered and maintained current title insurance policies on over 200 buildings.
- Proactively searched the public record for any liens that may have been placed against a client’s property and notified owner of same in writing.
- Prepared all necessary pleadings to enforce valid contracts against tenants.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 10
- Trained seven paralegal students in real estate law and real estate paralegal procedures.
- Drafted documents for a partial acquisition of property and contracts for a full acquisition of property.
- Executed the sale of two commercial real estate properties in one year and secured the purchase of an investment property in three weeks.
- Filed title, platted, and recorded documents for properties totaling over $250,000 in costs within one year; successfully completed two transactions underway on the closing date.
- Successfully prepared, filed, and recorded documents to initiate the first county-wide property sale; successfully completed two transactions underway on the closing date.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 11
- Adeptly managed transactions for a $1 billion portfolio; reviewed and analyzed property title information, contracts, and leases.
- Researched, drafted, and negotiated resolutions to landlord-tenant disputes with municipal agencies; advised on necessary alterations to comply with zoning ordinances.
- Effectively located necessary documentation for a $40 million federal loan; processed necessary paperwork for loan approval.
- Narrowed the search for an abandoned lender’s lost mortgage documents; aided in obtaining a court order restoring the property to the lender’s possession.
- Accomplished a $1.5 million sales transaction; negotiated a compromise agreement between parties after foreclosure proceedings commenced.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 12
- Researched and analyzed complex legal problems by performing title searches, reviewing leases, and analyzing zoning regulations.
- Drafted documents such as Escrow instructions and closing instructions throughout the escrow transaction process.
- Effectively communicated with clients and other real estate professionals in an expedient manner as a critical member of the team.
- Determined that commercial property could be sold for a higher price than expected by renegotiating a lease deal resulting in a $12,000 increase in value on a property that was to be auctioned for taxes.
- Represented the interests of a client in preparation for litigation, negotiations, and arbitration.
Commercial Real Estate Paralegal Resume Sample 13
- Researched, developed, and drafted legal documents for transactions in real estate transactions.
- Assisted law firm associates who were not competent to perform multi-step transactions resulting from extensive research.
- Drafted and negotiated multiple-page agreements; negotiated contracts with mortgage lenders.
- Successfully defended clients in matters involving real estate assets, title insurance companies, brokers’ lien rights, and zoning variances.
- Negotiated complex loan arrangements with financial institutions.
To become a commercial real estate paralegal, a paralegal certificate is required. A commercial real estate paralegal must have excellent interpersonal skills, must have excellent communication skills, must be detail-oriented, must be proficient with computers, must be accurate, must be able to work in a team, and must be able to work under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.