Network Managers provide IT-related management to products and employees. Their duties include establishing a network as specified by company needs, managing the network, troubleshooting the system, coordinating with software and hardware suppliers, keeping everything upgraded, managing security, developing backup security plans, managing IT employees, and establishing shifts, schedules, and budgets.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Network Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Network Manager resumes for your reference.
Network Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed a computer network of 30 users including the highest volume distribution of email for the company; assisted employees with difficult problems.
- Supported the largest group on the Internet; assisted with the server, website, firewall, domain name retrieval, and email issues.
- Founded a new company on the Internet by launching the first website dedicated to pet bird enthusiasts; designed a website based on clients’ suggestions and needs.
- Introduced new hardware, software, services to increase the productivity of the company’s directors; created network configuration for transferring multimedia files.
- Maintained 50 accounts for magazine publishers over five years of continuous service contract execution.
Network Manager Resume Sample 2
- Assessed and planned IT requirements for a new website. Developed a project plan to meet the needs of businesses, users, and engineers.
- Planned and executed a Y2K compliance plan for hardware and software upgrades to ensure compatibility with customer database records.
- Implemented an end-user training program; taught over 100 employees how to access information via the Internet.
- Customized desktop environment for each employee; enabled workstation performance by designing custom software applications for data processing.
- Achieved IT certification by leading two study groups through an intensive training course. Passed all exams; awarded certification in Microsoft Products Configuration and Management.
Network Manager Resume Sample 3
- Answering and placing phone calls with customers and employees to meet company policies and regulations.
- Coordinating customer service department work stations; optimizing the information technology through daily management; setting quality standards; and installing, maintaining, and repairing computers.
- Instructed the authorized users on the safe operation of computer peripherals and software programs, how to diagnose problems, and how to correct them.
- Designed, implemented, configured, maintained, and troubleshot information technology systems.
- Monitored system operations for faults by tracking events in a database program.
Network Manager Resume Sample 4
- Preserved network security by securing Internet Protocol addresses to protect against hackers, viruses, and other unauthorized intrusions.
- Aided in lowering operating costs by reducing the need for hardware upgrades by investigating new technologies for future compatibility.
- Raised awareness of software upgrades to improve performance, security, and efficiency.
- Coordinated installation of new Intranet servers and routers in multiple branches; received recognition for completing assignments within deadline parameters.
- Defined specifications and requirements for Active Directory user account synchronization; assembled and trained task force in its use and operation.
Network Manager Resume Sample 5
- Estimated, reviewed, and updated computer systems configuration in support of the district office.
- Developed network infrastructure for district office computers involving local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN).
- Created LANs and introduced system administration procedures in support of counselors, assistants, and receptionists.
- Established computer room to accommodate staffs’ mobility requirements including PC/LAN hardware setup, workstations, peripherals hardware installation, accounting software setup for accounts payable/receivable systems.
- Researched software (FileNet) pertaining to payroll processing; worked with network consultants to establish LAN connectivity between computer rooms.
Network Manager Resume Sample 6
- Effectively designed, implemented and administered a business-wide network containing 100 workstations and 40 servers with no incidents of downtime.
- Delivered a high level of customer service by training new employees on systems, resolving problems promptly, and implementing solutions that matched clients’ requests.
- Developed a network including a WAN connection to the regional headquarters, which doubled our overall productivity.
- Created a digital environment providing an online community for outside vendors to share information with our company via an intranet.
- Increased employee retention by working with Human Resources to create a strong sense of “family” within our organization as well as training staff for open positions in other departments.
Network Manager Resume Sample 7
- Proficient in knowledge of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, NetWare, Internet architecture, and related technologies.
- Organized employees to install new information systems.
- Handled network design by establishing CLIs (communication links) utilizing routers, switches, hub systems, firewalls, etc.
- Installed Blue Coat systems with five Netscape Navigator Netscape & CC browsers.
- Qualified the system for KA9QI Analog Dispatcher modem support by one week’s trial operation.
Network Manager Resume Sample 8
- Proven ability to operate Network Management Software (NMS) provided by the client; up to date on industry standards, security, protocols, and procedures.
- Troubleshot problems with LAN-WAN connections, implemented routers and software updates.
- Proven leadership skill in managing technicians in the replacement of hubs, routers, switches, and backup equipment for 24 hours/365 days per year continuous operation company.
- Coordinated smooth changeover of IT equipment upgrades with other departments during relocation.
- Balanced self-confidence to resolve high-stress situations with a natural empathy for clients’ needs.
Network Manager Resume Sample 9
- Streamlined Printers, Scanners, and Copiers to a smooth-running environment.
- Established effective data networks by designing and implementing a new data backbone for big data analysis.
- Assigned core systems to the right people with the right expertise for maximum performance.
- Managed multiple network groups from their beginning phases to full operating status as a quality-minded Deputy Director.
- Trained and mentored network analysts to become system administration experts as well as IT technicians.
Network Manager Resume Sample 10
- Certified all staff with computer systems management certification.
- Delegated service level agreement, service level breakdowns, notification of system downtime, and completed six major projects with each exceeding three weeks in duration.
- Managed staff tasks with efficiency related to scheduling activities for team members.
- Communicated effectively with clients about new system availability dates, difficulties encountered by clients during installation, and led team members to complete project objectives within established time frames.
- Established production metrics as a baseline for performance evaluation, as well as maintained staff evaluations through periodic assessments.
Network Manager Resume Sample 11
- Managed a global networking platform, across multiple organizations.
- Developed and deployed a new WAN/LAN infrastructure hosting more than 140 logical circuits with a total capacity of 30 Gb.
- Designed, deployed, and maintained a network infrastructure supporting one of the largest e-commerce websites in the U.S.; performed monitoring, performance testing, and troubleshooting for all components of the site.
- Architected and implemented solutions for technical issues with customer-facing sites including web servers, file servers, databases, application servers, and web applications.
- Determined solutions to complex problems through problem analysis, root cause analysis, and effective communication with all levels of internal and external personnel.
Network Manager Resume Sample 12
- Provided instruction, guidance, and leadership in the design, implementation, and administration of computer networks.
- Managed network operations, resolving network problems in accordance with established procedures.
- Established policies for network security; focused on providing solutions to increase network availability.
- Trained internal support staff; educated new employees on the use of computer systems and network management.
- Coordinated efforts to maintain state-of-the-art technology with the most reliable supplier relationships; delegated tasks to reduce risk of failure.
Network Manager Resume Sample 13
- Installed and configured network infrastructure for a medium-sized business, such as switches, routers, and firewalls; taught networking.
- Troubleshot and repaired network hardware for clients; recommended upgrades.
- Upgraded application servers to Windows Server 2003; educated end users on the benefits of the new OS.
- Trained and mentored five subordinates in all aspects of server maintenance and management; taught end-user computer skills.
- Provided backup support to the main system administrator after business hours during a crisis situation.
To work as one, a Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field is necessary, alongside project management experience. Network Managers must demonstrate strong problem-solving, negotiation, teamwork, critical thinking, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as have an understanding of business.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Network Manager Resume Samples
- Network Manager Resume Sample 1
- Network Manager Resume Sample 2
- Network Manager Resume Sample 3
- Network Manager Resume Sample 4
- Network Manager Resume Sample 5
- Network Manager Resume Sample 6
- Network Manager Resume Sample 7
- Network Manager Resume Sample 8
- Network Manager Resume Sample 9
- Network Manager Resume Sample 10
- Network Manager Resume Sample 11
- Network Manager Resume Sample 12
- Network Manager Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up