An IT support engineer assist with support for various software products. An IT support engineer’s duties include developing a whole network from the beginning, configuring wireless routers, maintenance of wireless routers, scheduling weekly and monthly backups, restoring weekly and monthly backups, and collaborating with other IT support specialists.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Support Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Support Engineer resumes for your reference.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished the following:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and document desktop and server-based applications.
- Accomplish on-site troubleshooting of network infrastructures such as routers, switches, hubs, printers, and rackmount disk workstations.
- Accomplish customized installations of new hardware and software to meet or exceed client/server requirements.
- Serve as a technical resource for system administrators and customers when dealing with computer issues.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Engineered high-availability, fail-over server cluster; ensured computer resources were up and running according to the company’s SLA.
- Promoted to Server Team Lead; the team was ranked at the top of information technology services at the critical server issue resolution benchmarking.
- Awarded highest technical achievement award for designing and implementing a custom, real-time network monitoring utility as part of a significant hardware/software/hardware upgrade project.
- Gained certification for highest technical qualification from vendor; studied complex hardware and software designs and implemented solutions for fatal application errors that had occurred during beta testing.
- Implemented a client-side utility that allowed the user to use the network faster; gained “out of the box” recognition for innovation.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Maintained top performance as an engineer by installing and maintaining servers and networks.
- Earned respect in my department by increasing overall productivity by 10%; reduced response time for end-users by 15%.
- Showed enthusiasm for new systems development; installed new web services to the company’s internal network resulting in a reduction in user response time.
- Achieved recognition as a leader of technical excellence; successfully coached junior engineers on system integration.
- Recently developed automated software to assist in issue resolution; reduced average issue resolution time from 4 hours to 30 minutes based on user performance analysis and error reports.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed all aspects of the IT Helpdesk training program to include telephone and problem-based support of corporate employees.
- Evaluated customer needs, researched problems, developed solutions, and provided training to internal employees or directed customers to correct resources.
- Maintained current Knowledgebase for over five hundred customers, recognized by management as a valuable role in increasing customer satisfaction/customer retention.
- Completed projects on schedule with no server downtime. A significant contribution to the development of the “New Access System” reducing data collection by 50%.
- Identified numerous opportunities for process improvement, reduced Helpdesk Calls from 1% of total IT calls to.00%, developed a proactive maintenance plan, and established a “naming convention” for all files.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Programmed and deployed application support in a timely manner to the client’s specifications.
- Developed modules, reports, forms, functions, and code; delivered solutions on time and with minimal cost.
- Directed programmers, developed system designs; conducted code reviews and testing of new functionality.
- Demonstrated skills when dealing with technical issues and problems as they arose.
- Collaborated effectively with project management staff by sharing information and expertise; provided solutions to critical issues identified by the client.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Was responsible for managing the company’s 3200 Users, 40 Servers, 300TB Storage. Conducted weekly user meetings where I ensured that all computer users were up-to-date with their daily tasks and responsibilities.
- and set up new computers and updated network directory lists which resulted in the reduction of internal miscommunication.
- Designed a strong security system for the company; more than $20K worth of unauthorized access was detected from external sources.
- Installed Windows 7 on all computers in order to replace Windows XP; this resulted in improved overall performance and increased employees productivity by 25%.
- Redid the company’s email systems; reduced overall network downtime to only 12 hours per year.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Written, developed, and implemented critical applications. Created support tools that allowed customers to solve problems quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Directly contacted customers for support escalations.
- Effectively prepared sales materials including quarterly and annual reports for internal sales teams and external contacts.
- Coordinated meetings with management to define goals, priorities, and time frames for projects (use of software). Benchmarked team productivity constantly to ensure that goals were met within departmental deadlines.
- Recognized by the company for superior performance as an IT Support Engineer; developed new skills in user interface design/development and database development.
- Developed a support software system for the small business customer base.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Performed various tasks for the Portfolio Management Software utilizing excellent practical experience with Oracle, DB2, and Perl.
- Managed a software development project to improve inventory processes by applying the latest Software Development practices.
- Managed a software development project to enhance operations using analysis tools, such as Crystal Reports, to achieve Internal cost savings while improvement in service levels.
- Increased efficiencies and customer satisfaction by streamlining the software development process.
- Reduced application development costs by improving code quality through multiple code reviews; Provided value to the company by improving project documentation.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Managed client requirements to ensure minimum uptime of all systems; trained clients on software applications.
- Managed and supported a team of developers who were responsible for re-writing the existing code.
- Managed servers and applications, developed processes, and designed solutions to meet market challenges. Delivered applications within budget and on time.
- Developed and implemented several tools to support the teams’ efforts to meet time-to-market deadlines.
- Trained users on changes and ensured that the users made full use of the new applications.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Successfully performed software tests and resolved software bugs of high-end server equipment; our company gained the trust of customers by resolving their concerns quickly.
- Participated in brainstorming sessions and contributed to the development of multiple applications; the applications enhanced a new service in which sales staff, vice presidents, and all employees could access data regarding orders, revenues, and customer locations.
- Planned and led migration to a new vendor-based computer network; handling of all changes to network topology was accomplished without disrupting regular business processes in any way.
- Helped plan and implement an IT infrastructure for a process-driven division; finalizing a contract with the vendor.
- Effectively integrated a major component into the system; subsequently received annual customer quality award and customer satisfaction award.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Increased “uptime” for the server by 20%; recognized for exceptional performance.
- Coordinated between departments to implement an integration; team recognized as a “Best New Process/System” from the CEO.
- Restructured help desk; increased customer satisfaction to 100% by reducing average ticket time from 4 hours to 45 minutes.
- Received 3 Customer Service awards for addressing a variety of complaints in a timely, professional manner and within guidelines set forth by “the company”.
- Recognized for partnership with the HR department in implementing new company policy; reduction of turnover rate resulted in a 600% profit increase.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Successfully replaced outdated hardware systems by coordinating with IT staff.
- Troubleshooted hardware problems on personal computer systems and assembled computers using the latest software components.
- Performed data recovery after a flood destroyed a server, which saved the company more than $60,000 in repair costs.
- Recovered investment by upgrading personal computers for clients; implemented upgrades with minimal downtime.
- Improved overall system performance by increasing bandwidth capacity.
IT Support Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Responsible for the technical support of all customers and claims, as well as annual maintenance of all systems, including the mainframe and clients.
- Managed projects and assigned tasks. Re-designed the clients’ workstation so that it was compatible with Microsoft Excel (2010) and other software programs.
- Responsible for micro-management of QuickBooks at the local office in Medina.
- Coordinated with Spanish-speaking resources for help with minor problems or questions.
- Researched technologies/products to ensure customer satisfaction; properly installed new equipment in IT department; provided departments with access to computer hardware/software upgrades, etc.
To become an IT support engineer, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field is required. An IT support engineer must be analytical, must be detail-oriented, must be adaptable, must be diligent, must have excellent communication skills, must be an expert with computers, and must be a problem-solver.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.