A Patient Advocate represents a patient when the patient is too sick to represent himself. Their duties include explaining medical procedures to the patient, helping patients understand their insurance, answering phones for the patient, dealing with concerns that the family may have, calling in other medical personnel when necessary, and helping dementia patients deal with their feelings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Patient Advocate Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Patient Advocate resumes for your reference.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 1
- Volunteered for a decade at the local Veterans Administration Hospital as a patient advocate, government relations specialist, and public affairs officer.
- Created nine jobs through Government contracts to promote United States citizenship through extensive volunteer work in Kosovo.
- Served as Chairman of the Ft. Myers Medical Society, supporting social causes such as reducing HIV/AIDS transmission rate by promoting communication among couples.
- Appeared on TV & Radio to express my heart and soul about primary healthcare challenges in developing nations.
- Planned and started a non-profit to support primary healthcare programs in three developing nations by leveraging private donations and US Government grants.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 2
- Started a non-profit organization, Minnesotans for Caring Outreach, in conjunction with the Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Organized a blood drive to raise twenty-two pints of blood for  local cancer clinics  local hospitals  local pediatric cancer centers  local food pantries.
- Created a community garden with a “pay it forward” philosophy of keeping land in production. Youth received training in landscaping and vegetable cultivation while adults were provided instruction on organic pest management.
- Solicitated grants from community leaders to conduct seminars on the Emotional Intelligence Quotient for elementary school children.
- Invented a board game, “The Fruit for Thought Game,” to teach healthy eating habits and positive self-image.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 3
- Engaged in the administration of the following programs, each of which benefited one or more individuals with disabilities:
- Developed an 8-hour self-awareness program, which was presented in 23 different communities over 20 consecutive months.
- Led a team in the distribution of over 2,000 sets of footwear, through volunteer hours spent at local hospitals.
- Trained and mentored 30 individuals to become volunteers in the distribution of food baskets to needy families for Thanksgiving; assisted 56 families with necessities during Christmas; & supported 56 orphans with Thanksgiving meals & Christmas toys.
- Engaged Personally in Charity Work for 6 years while volunteering time at local schools and the United Way.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 4
- Raised the necessary funds to purchase a proton therapy treatment machine for a U.S.-based proton therapy clinic.
- Coordinated with volunteer caregivers to directly aid each patient’s proton therapy treatment, from start to finish.
- Organized an annual fundraiser to provide fundraising posters for proton therapy clinics worldwide.
- Provided a free week-long training seminar on the benefits of proton therapy treatments for doctors and medical students interested in treating cancer patients.
- Organized a college network of volunteers across the U.S., who raised awareness about cancer treatment options and collected donations for local cancer charities.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 5
- Designed and directed the “Operation Hope” campaign for the Autism Society of Oklahoma.
- Organized and directed a 5K charity run/walk to raise money, awareness, and support for the Oklahoma Association for Children with Disabilities.
- Increased awareness of childhood cancer patients in need through a fundraising drive at a local children’s hospital.
- Directed a three-year fundraising campaign with Girl Scouts that raised more than $10,000 to build a girls’ only shelter.
- Collected and distributed Christmas toys and personal care items to less fortunate children in the community.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 6
- Created social support groups for cancer patients, their families, and caregivers in public health care facilities.
- Instructed cancer patients in holistic wellness methods, including meditation, physical exercise, and stress management.
- Increased appreciation for spirituality by sharing personal stories of struggle with cancer patients at hospitals.
- Mentored leukemia patients nationwide via telephone hotline to help cope with diabetes-related complications.
- Encouraged empathy and compassion through breast cancer outreach to vulnerable populations.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 7
- Served as a patient advocate in a well-staffed medical clinic in Anchorage, AK for five years.
- Taught clients how to handle personal finances, insurance, and legal matters.
- Prepared a well-illustrated business plan for obtaining federal funding from The Alaska Office of Rural Health.
- Developed an investment portfolio to supplement retirement income through the help of the Retirement Counselor at Merrill Lynch.
- Presented a full-page article summarizing how to best advocate for health care services to the staff at The Alaska Office of Rural Health.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 8
- Demonstrated compassion and understanding for the medical needs of over 100 clients in hospital, rehabilitation centers, and home settings.
- Organized volunteer orientation classes for over 200 aspiring community service interns.
- Evaluated volunteer applications for fifty-two private organizations to identify skill sets that best matched each organization’s needs.
- Used multiple marketing methods to stimulate financial support for six non-profit organizations at career fairs, telethons, and other fundraising events.
- Maintained full patient confidentiality in all professional interactions through the use of physician referral contacts, HIPPA policy statement dissemination to staff members, and signed legal documents when applicable.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 9
- Organized fundraising events, student support groups, and sponsored community service projects.
- Sponsored community outreach programs for children with physical disabilities, mental illnesses, and drug or alcohol problems.
- Trained all employees of the National Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse to provide supervised child-care services for families.
- Performed concert performances of musical numbers to benefit organizations including the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, and the United Way.
- Established successful multi-faceted networking opportunities through volunteering at Toastmasters International meetings through real estate transactions alone.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 10
- Increased awareness of the needs of people suffering from HIV/AIDS, blood cancer, and other life-threatening diseases.
- Developed special event projects to foster awareness and raise funds for these patients as well as promote community involvement.
- Attracted worldwide media coverage of our activities including coverage in over 20 international television programs and print media interviews in Germany, Sweden, Canada, England, Europe, and America by TV news stations.
- Selected as an Ambassador for the National Marrow Donor Program and hosted marrow donor drives to recruit and register potential bone marrow donors and educate the public about this life-saving program.
- Sponsored several charity events, including school field trips for underprivileged patients, family vacations, and lavish dinners.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 11
- Wrote articles, websites, and led small-group fundraising drives for local charities in the United States.
- Owned professional correspondence college, writing course descriptions, lesson plans, and writing e-books.
- Coordinated over 300 volunteers per year to collect donations at the school’s annual open house events.
- Wrote brochures and newsletters for local charities in the United States.
- Founded local non-profit group with two volunteers. Expanded operations to develop an organizational structure, fundraising skills, computer skills, management skill set, event planning skills set. They launched a nationwide non-profit group with multiple chapters across the United States.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 12
- Supported USO, Habitat for Humanity, The Salvation Army, and Operation Blessing.
- Helped creates support groups for women who are childless by scheduling weekly home instruction for over 100 during the eight years of volunteering.
- Volunteered as Executive Director of The Women’s Center NYC, worked with over 45 social service programs dealing with medical needs, housing assistance, access to education, and poverty reduction.
- Coordinated charitable donations for over 20 non-profits each year.
- Served as co-chair of the Board of Directors supporting international relief efforts during humanitarian crises.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 13
- Lead the campaign to improve the quality of medical treatment in third-world communities by tracking statistics, writing grant proposals, and promoting education.
- Participated in seven overseas missions to deliver aid, medicines, surgeries, and supplies to remote villages.
- Coordinated with five local non-profit organizations for diabetes prevention programs publicly funded by an insurance company.
- Promoted health care solutions for elders in retirement facilities through small-group exercise classes.
- Identified factors that led to increased incidences of disease for patients visiting clinics located in low-income areas.
Patient Advocate Resume Sample 14
- Founded and was president of a charity, Miracle Mission, to provide free medical supplies to underprivileged communities.
- Served as a board member for a non-profit organization to assist elderly animals in need of adoption.
- Served as Board President for an American Red Cross disaster relief organization.
- Participated in two major fundraising endeavors for American Diabetes Assocation/American Cancer Society charity fundraisers.
- Mentored young children during parent education seminars conducted by pro-social programs.
You will need an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree in nursing, psychology or other human services field to do this job. A Patient Advocate must demonstrate compassion, empathy, attention to detail, communication skills, sound judgment, objectivity, dependability, an upbeat attitude, and ethical behavior.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.