Export Managers oversee how exports are stored, bought, and shipped to other countries. Their duties include monitoring international shipping systems, tracking export transactions, serving as a point of contact in the export trade, and managing facilities related to the storing, recording, and movement of exported goods.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Export Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Export Manager resumes for your reference.
Export Manager Resume Sample 1
- In compliance with government regulations, audited all the necessary documentation and ensured that customs forms were complete for over 75 shipments.
- Provided customers with a streamlined process of clear communication regarding price quotes, delivery commitments, and shipment status by emailing status updates to customers every two days.
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of customer concerns related to export invoicing and shipment verification by frequently communicating with customers both in person and via phone from various international locations.
- Maximized on-time deliveries while maximizing customer service satisfaction through flexible working hours which accommodated global time differences.
- Delivered 100% on-time performance on important projects despite multiple logistical constraints such as timing issues, unforeseen production delays, and extreme market volatility.
Export Manager Resume Sample 2
- Successfully worked with management to improve company’s business performance.
- Introduced an improvement process for material handling equipment operators.
- Developed and implemented a new supplier selection process ensuring operational excellence & cost control.
- Streamlined various internal processes resulting in annual savings of $5,000,000.
- Enabled company’s entry into international markets through the development of strategic relationships with large foreign buyers within targeted industries/products.
Export Manager Resume Sample 3
- Improved the inbound and outbound processes, including in collaboration with finance and legal/regulatory teams to develop a robust compliance program for export shipments.
- Reduced the time required for exporting goods by an average of six days per transaction due to my preparation and review of documentation prior to submission.
- Initiated weekly inventory reconciliations which increased visibility of product movements within facilities; resulted in a reduction in commodity valuation disputes from $55k monthly average to $0 month-to-date.
- Exceeded annual revenue goal, despite unfavorable market conditions, by streamlining logistics process through cost reductions, team empowerment, effective training programs, and supplier incentive negotiations.
- Raised awareness of global supply chain challenges by presenting to senior management on supply-related issues.
Export Manager Resume Sample 4
- Explored a new sales channel in the Middle East by preparing government market intelligence reports and securing information from governmental agencies.
- Negotiated with top-level Ivory Coast government officials for entry into the West African cocoa market.
- Oversaw on-time delivery of the product to customers by ensuring proper shipment documentation and preparation upon receipt of an order from the customer.
- Collaborated on new pricing strategies on a daily basis while overseeing the negotiation process with key suppliers in over 15 countries worldwide.
- Improved supply chain coordination within company operations by improving communication processes through a strategic alliance with a South American firm.
Export Manager Resume Sample 5
- Contributed to the company’s 8.24% net profit by generating $2 million in export sales during the first year with the company, compared to $700,000 the previous year.
- Drove consistent profitable growth after leading profitable initiatives that contributed an average of 10% increase each quarter for 9 quarters straight; recognized by Vice President as a most consistent performer.
- Grew company’s most important market segment (Latin America) by 65% within 5 years; awarded Chairman’s Award for quick advancement and outstanding performance.
- Received distinguished achievement award for opening new markets with over 25 customers located in China, Taiwan, Korea, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Monaco Panama; singled out as a top performer.
- Acted as a liaison that led to the successful launch of eight new products into five different markets, increased industry credibility through lectures and articles in key trade journals, and expanded the company’s portfolio of services.
Export Manager Resume Sample 6
- Facilitated the business of the Logistics and Shipping Department. Contributed 100% of quota for exports in the first year; recognized with Company Service Award.
- Achieved new levels of team productivity and increased profitability by providing effective management that contributed to a 27% increase in shipments and 23% decrease in expenses for that division over the same period last year.
- Negotiated outstanding exchange rates, reduced overall operating costs $212,000 per annum through sharpening purchasing practices.
- Orchestrated logistics partnership with Europe’s largest environmental goods supplier to facilitate export orders starting at $5 million yearly.
- Improved relationships with China by initiating discussions about expanding the business relationship between the two countries.
Export Manager Resume Sample 7
- Effectively managed, planned, and executed the export of $20M in goods to Asian markets.
- Recruited, hired, and trained staff during a period of rapid growth; implemented new procedures to maintain a high standard of service.
- Negotiated successfully with agents in Taiwan and South Korea; brought supply back into balance with demand.
- Initiated significant cost savings measures; analyzed production costs and attained accountability toward the company’s output requirements.
- Managed and analyzed system changes for documentation and reporting processes; introduced new software that streamlined data collection and entry needs.
Export Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed an office in China with full authority to arrange delivery of materials directly with suppliers.
- Negotiated contracts, organized shipping documents, and maintained records for over $10 million dollars in sales per year.
- Spearheaded new product development by working closely with international vendors.
- Physically traveled across borders to facilitate inventory control at warehouses in Europe, Asia, and North America.
- Received recognition for superior network-building skills displayed during extensive travel across the global market.
Export Manager Resume Sample 9
- Successfully negotiated the purchase of $75M in products for clients in Europe and North America.
- Negotiated with suppliers to reduce the total cost by $500,000 annually; identified potential savings of $900,000 through negotiations with key suppliers.
- Developed logistics plan to improve time-to-market for new products; led team of logistics experts in the design, development, and implementation of DoD supply chain management initiatives.
- Expanded operation into California; grew annual revenue from $5M to over $15M in less than 18 months.
- Managed company’s personnel outside China; successfully resolved several internal conflicts between employees resulting in increased worker morale and product quality.
Export Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed $13M in exports, accounting for 20% of overall revenues.
- Launched new products to include the Intermediate Bulk Container market in Europe through the usage of resources in Germany and Italy.
- Profited foreign trade by increasing exports from $12M to $16M within a 9-month span; recognized by the President as “one of our top achievers.”
- Implemented cost-effective procedures that improved on-time delivery and product quality metrics without compromising safety or customer service.
- Collaborated with major food companies to develop improved methods using polyethylene packaging materials across all regions.
Export Manager Resume Sample 11
- Expanded the company’s sales from $2.5 million to $15 million in 18 months by developing an international expansion plan.
- Planned the establishment of a Mexican office, leading to a tenfold increase of exports and increased profits by 25%.
- Improved global sourcing capabilities by developing practical processes, establishing effective relationships with overseas partners, and negotiating successful pricing schemes.
- Negotiated a 3-year contract between a retailer and supplier, resulting in annual savings of over one million dollars for both companies.
- Reduced costs for goods produced by 15% through systematic waste elimination from raw materials to finished products throughout the research and development process.
If you want to be an Export Manager you’ll need at least a Bachelor’s Degree in supply and logistics as well as five years of export support experience. Export Managers need an understanding of international trade regulations as well as skills in calculation, scheduling, organization, administration, coordination, and communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Export Manager Resume Samples
- Export Manager Resume Sample 1
- Export Manager Resume Sample 2
- Export Manager Resume Sample 3
- Export Manager Resume Sample 4
- Export Manager Resume Sample 5
- Export Manager Resume Sample 6
- Export Manager Resume Sample 7
- Export Manager Resume Sample 8
- Export Manager Resume Sample 9
- Export Manager Resume Sample 10
- Export Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up