Foster Care Workers are tasked with assisting children who have been abused or abandoned by their parents. Their duties include providing emotional support to children, pairing children with a qualified family, performing background checks and interviewing children, making court appearances on behalf of the agency when necessary, making visits to the foster parent to ensure the child is living in safe conditions and analyzing the child’s behavior.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Foster Care Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Foster Care Worker resumes for your reference.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 1
- Presented drama workshop for kindergarteners during after-school program; contributed to positive behavioral practices which resulted in classrooms achieving highest ranking in county for elementary schools.
- Discovered potential based on personal interest; hired within 3 months of graduation; promoted to management position after 2 years.
- Led effort to improve employee morale among staff members, resulting in employees’ ability to resolve conflicts quickly and positively.
- Created team spirit by encouraging cooperation among staff members during most difficult times.
- Served as instructor for children’s classes including Arts & Crafts, Gymnastics, and Music & Dance.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 2
- Taught playful group games with the use of toys, broken English, and gestures to children of diverse ethnicity.
- Counseled teenage students with apathy, high school drop-out statistics, and teen pregnancy.
- Worked overnight watching two children in their own home to provide night supervision for parent working third shift. Rescued child from being assaulted by father.
- Supervised five children on an outing at the local swimming pool; taught them how to swim for first time by practicing arm motions in the shallow end of the pool.
- Convinced child services that the mother was an unfit parent after recognizing signs of abuse on rescued child.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 3
- Gained appreciation as a role model to children in group home environment.
- Mentored teenagers in the community, showing them a positive way to a better life.
- Encouraged and educated mothers on proper care of newborns and infants through classes and organized play sessions.
- Received award for outstanding work performance from Regional Supervisor.
- Recognized for service with American Heart Association as Nurse’s Aide, saving thousands of lives annually by administering CPR training to others.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 4
- Put into practice knowledge of child development to provide nurturing care for children, while ensuring that the children were safe, taken to school each day, and bathed and dressed each night.
- Responded appropriately to any medical emergency that occurred during the workday; including seizures, respiratory distress, vomiting, and excessive bleeding.
- Guid ed children mastering developmental milestones such as language acquisition, social responsiveness, motor skills development, play skills development.
- Took part in agency’s adoption initiative; mastering skills of gathering information on adoptive parents’ background and assessing child’s needs in order to facilitate adoptions from foster care.
- Maintained professional composure during difficult work environment; particularly during times when children were emotionally distressed or exhibiting behavioral problems.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 5
- Worked with a large group of children from different ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds to teach social skills and emotional understanding.
- Assessed children’s abilities and interests to create personalized foster care plans to help them succeed in school.
- Provided therapeutic counseling for any child that needed it; including music therapy for a child with severe depression.
- Confronted the shortcomings of each foster child’s parents by persuading them to improve their living conditions.
- Discovered personal desires to make a difference after spending hundreds of hours helping others realize their dreams, hopes, and potentials.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 6
- Fostered over 100 foster children by helping them to successfully transition into new homes.
- Experienced on-the-job training in the field of child development. Refined existing skills, and received additional training in the field of play therapy.
- Worked with parents, siblings, and children to improve their resources for school success and personal development.
- Authored five parenting manuals for use in foster homes around the United States.
- Negotiated between parents and public school districts to increase education levels for foster children who need special education support services.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 7
- Educated, lead, and inspired over 300 children ages 6 to 10 years at the Early Head Start program.
- Trained, encouraged, and motivated foster care parents to be good parents by increasing parental sense of confidence with previous experience in child care.
- Learned how to work with families in order to sensitize parents’ minds about their parenting skills in order to become confident among themselves.
- Initiated new approaches in parental-child relationships; delegated responsibilities among various staff members.
- Established daily routines for children’s health and safety with parental participation; provided quality care for over 600 dependent children.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 8
- Impressed over 300 foster children with the importance of character, integrity, self-discipline, self-confidence, respect for authority, and service to others.
- Learned that children are born with innate abilities that need to be nurtured to develop into full potential.
- Granted each child the opportunity to learn through positive reinforcement versus punishment.
- Showed strength and courage by recognizing and correcting character flaws and insecurities of my charges.
- Received award for outstanding performance in recommending a new byline in a publication that I had written; identified with an organization that promoted my dedication and concern toward foster children.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 9
- Provided foster homes for children in need of protection/security.
- Completed duties as case worker with professionalism, maintaining confidentiality and sensitivity to each child’s health, legal, educational, and social issues.
- Assisted in locating permanent placement for various children, providing assistance with clothing, food, recreation, transportation needs.
- Achieved award for excellence by having placed 72% of 72 children within the fiscal year; set a record for most placed within the department.
- Provided transportation to doctors’ appointments and court appearances; maintained cleanliness of vehicles at all times.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 10
- Saved a 25 year old man from a life of drug addiction after coordinating his intake into The Hazelden Drug Treatment Center.
- Founded an organization to help other women re-establish careers after staying at home to raise children.
- Motivated, inspired, and assisted teenagers in developing healthy lifestyles and attitudes towards adulthood.
- Trained ten college students in child care skills.
- Provided care for each foster child despite their background, origin, or parentage after being appointed as a Foster Parent by the state government.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 11
- Supervised children from early morning to midnight, ensuring that each child was nourished, clothed, and maintained a structured environment according to the standards set by the State of Maryland.
- As a counselor at a residential treatment center, offered individual counseling and group services for clients referred from Maryland’s Department of Juvenile Justice.
- Founded a dance troop for 40 girls in Baltimore City after being inspired by a speech from President Barack Obama to start organizations that promote hope and unity.
- Organized fundraisers using social media for an organization that received support from CNN’s Soledad O’Brien.
- Developed networking relationships with other social workers across the city, offering assistance to existing foster care cases.
Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 12
- Care for children, ages 1–12, after their parents were incarcerated or deceased. Organized, supervised, and directed recreation activities.
- Supervised foster children during the summer months; provided safe playground activities for inner-city youth.
- Resolved minor disputes between behavioral problems among foster children; encouraged self-control, respect for others, and personal accountability.
- Acted as a liaison between families and community resources; used personal contacts to place foster children in appropriate residences.
- Provided the first foster care training for new volunteers; developed a comprehensive training program.
To become a Foster Care Worker, you will need a bachelor’s degree in social work. The skills needed for this position are empathy, strong communication skills, analytical skills, problem-solving skills, time management skills, organizational skills, and emotional stability.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Foster Care Worker Resume Samples
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 1
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 2
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 3
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 4
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 5
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 6
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 7
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 8
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 9
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 10
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 11
- Foster Care Worker Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up