A security officer provides protection for an organization by patrolling assigned areas, watching surveillance equipment, reporting potentially dangerous or illegal activities to authorities, and providing assistance to customers. The top skills for this position are customer service skills, problem-solving skills, multi-tasking abilities, people management skills, multitasking abilities, public relations knowledge, and the ability to handle stress. A high school diploma is required for this position, and a background in law enforcement can be beneficial.
The Best Security Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Security Officer resumes for your reference.
- Responded to LPD 911-dispatched calls involving the following: traffic incidents, medical emergencies, and criminal activity including homicide, domestic violence, assault/battery, theft, burglary, drug trafficking, and vandalism.
- Worked with patrol partners and other first responders to assess scenes, ensure victim/public safety, apprehend suspected criminal offenders, secure and preserve crime scenes and conduct preliminary investigations.
- Sound judgment was exhibited under pressure in life-threatening situations and other emergency scenarios. Wrote accurate and effective documentation, reports, and correspondences; testified in court as needed.
- Interrogated and processed over 30 arrestees for violent crimes including assaults, domestic disputes, and aggravated battery.
- Worked with the FBI on a case involving terrorism; studied interrogation strategies used by Al Qaeda and Taliban on a United States soldier.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling the property.
- Monitoring surveillance equipment while inspecting buildings, equipment, access points and permitting entry.
- Also prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities and informing violators of policy, procedures, and restraining trespassers.
- Generated 29 positive leads as a result of apprehended 35 suspects in crimes against property including burglary, robbery, auto theft, and arson.
- Procured 400+ hours of community service from over 200 participants; empowered at-risk youth through mentorship in sports activities promoting responsible behaviors.
Law Enforcement Security Officer
- Continually conducts security assessments of any vulnerabilities to all of the facilities.
- Maintains all protective equipment, such as scanning, x-ray equipment, and all entry control technology to insure they are operating properly.
- Continually monitors and reviews all systems, such as video feeds to insure no breaches have occurred.
- Monitors for all potential hazmat materials entering or sitting within close proximity of the facilities, including explosive, biological, chemical, and nuclear.
- Assisted with actual apprehension of a suspected felon after pursuing and apprehending the individual at gunpoint.
Armed Security Officer
- Applies developing knowledge of policies, processes, and procedures in the workplace.
- Controls access to Defense Information System Agency property for contractors, deliveries, and visitors at entry gates.
- Provides information and direction to employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Assigns visitors, government personnel, and contractors with the appropriate classification badges.
- Secured a scene at the crime scene during the murder investigation by coordinating resources and effectively executing control measures.
Armed Security Officer
- Patrols DISA property to prevent trespassing, theft, vandalism, and criminal activities.
- Conducts interior and exterior security checks as well as walking patrols to protect DISA assets.
- Maintains a valid State of Texas Level III Commissioned Security Officers License card in compliance with state of employment requirements.
- Professionalized organization’s security protocols, equipment, and public image by ensuring compliance with state, local, and federal laws.
- Led efforts of new member orientation which resulted in increased police officer retention rate while training new members to adhere to protocols.
Armed Security Officer
- Safeguarding Personnel against injury, damage, fire, theft and possible acts of terrorism, sabotage and espionage and site safety.
- Respond to medical emergencies within the shipyard and coordinates fire and EMS support as required.
- Respond to alarms within the secret closed areas of the facility within prescribed timeline’s and provides security coverage during facility evacuation.
- Organized team response effort after the natural disaster occurred in the city; coordinated communication between agencies regarding record-high call volume.
- Served as a police officer for two years in the United States Marine Corp. Interned at the base rifle range, performing firearms inspections and issuing citations.
- Served as Asst. supervisor as Sub- contractor for Duke Energy. at a Command Center for Allied Universal Services.
- Monitor and control access of personnel into secure locations.
- Provide customer services to working personnel and visitors.
- Served in the military as a member of U.S. Air Force Security Police; served as a team leader and squad leader during combat operations in Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait & Bahrain.
- Served as an active duty military reservist and National Guardsman for ten years; trained extensively to use weapons and explosives while conducting domestic security missions and on federal government missions overseas.
- Monitor hallways and make sure kids are not wandering the building.
- Assist staff members with any issues that arise with students.
- Monitor student entrance and assist parents in picking up their child from school.
- Awarded for outstanding professional performance for police pursuit and arrest of criminals at a multi-jurisdictional traffic stop.
- Awarded for outstanding professional performance when confronted with a potentially dangerous situation while on patrol; subdued the suspect without injury.
Special Police Officer
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Weapon screening typically prevents crime or theft, ensures campus policy is being followed and protects the general welfare of students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide security for the school district staff, students, buildings and property through patrol of school building(s) and building perimeters, including parking lots, to prevent unauthorized visitors or property damage and to provide for general building security.
- Awarded for superior professional performance while serving in the military as an advisor to foreign troops; provided leadership by example.
Special Police Officer
- Respond to emergency and routine calls within the site which include telephone emergencies, assault, thefts, accident, trespassing, property damage, fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and escorts fire and law enforcement personnel to destinations.
- The assignment includes a perimeter fence, grounds of the facilities, and approximately 2 buildings on the grounds.
- Maintain and evaluate traffic and pedestrians during emergency and accident situations while protecting emergency scenes to preserve evidence.
- Awarded the Army’s Valorous Unit Award (VUA) during participation in Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF).
- Received commendation from the commander of a Special Forces unit during Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF).
Unarmed Security Officer
- Perform security guard duties in accordance with appropriate post orders; detects, and prevents theft, damage, and trespassing of site facilities, equipment, and merchandise.
- Patrol the premises for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Patrol the building to investigate complaints, irregularities, and unusual or suspicious circumstances.
- Maintain logs and prepare and submit incident reports according to post orders.
- Completed Police Academy to become a fully functioning member of the law enforcement team.
- Patrolled the premises regularly to ensure the safety of student, staff and visitor.
- Conduct and monitor fire drills, lock down and other emergency procedure drills for the purpose of complying with established guideline.
- Monitor students behavior during and between assigned periods and student events(lunch room, classroom, dances, home games) for the purpose of ensuring students compliance with school guidelines.
- Trained in firearms, baton, and arrest procedures; acquired the ability to solve problems and think quickly as a new officer.
- Secured a position on the night shift as one of two officers in a cell block of 30 inmates. Successfully de-escalated many potentially violent situations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.