Estimation engineers estimate project costs and other factors that will impact the project’s financial success. Their duties include analyzing research data, reporting their findings to management and stakeholders, gaining an understanding of the project by reviewing deliverables, developing cost estimates, managing and adjusting estimates, and providing ongoing technical support. To work as an estimation engineer, you typically need a bachelor’s degree in engineering, and most employers look for some previous engineering experience. Estimation engineers must pay extreme attention to detail, show strategic planning and thinking skills, have excellent analytical skills, be able to give oral and/or visual presentations, have experience with data analysis software and estimation software programs, and be comfortable collaborating with the various project team members to be successful.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Estimation Engineer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Estimation Engineer resumes for your reference.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 1
- Implemented tool set to increase efficiency of the estimation process by 20%.
- Developed a low cost, more efficient storage system for inventory control reducing time from order-to-delivery by 40%.
- Identified and eliminated unnecessary steps in the design process resulting in a 25% improvement on time savings.
- Reduced wall to floor ratio by 40%, resulting in significant reductions on material price, waste, and labor.
- Provided leadership ability during a three-year project that demonstrated project/planning skills as well as personal development.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 2
- Planned and estimated costs for new projects, utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and systematic process.
- Performed real-time cost analysis by creating reports and graphs with handheld database tool.
- Evaluated an existing project’s progress to determine its remaining work scope.
- Managed cost estimation activities of seven employees; developed accurate budgeted time, material, and equipment usage over extended periods of time.
- Completed tasks within 40% under budget, leading to acquisition of additional projects from client company after two months of initial contact.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 3
- Produced project estimates in support of one-of-a-kind and total stations for government and private industry in an expeditious manner.
- Solved cost overrun problems through effective use of materials mean time between failure analysis, material supplier negotiations, subcontractor involvement, and scheduling techniques.
- Reduced field labor costs by 10% by developing a method to monitor manhours spent on site per task utilizing activity sampling data.
- Improved productivity by 10% through the introduction of a group dynamics training course intended to increase cooperation among employees from different departments.
- Generated over $300K worth of new contracts within the first year due to research, proposal writing, and salesmanship skills.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 4
- Lead the project team in timely fulfillment of estimates for fulfillment of all facets of construction activity to include but not limited to all labor, plant, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Further developed or maintained close working relationships with clients by meeting or telephoning them in regards to items in progress or problems needing a solution.
- Prepared handwritten estimate sheets in accordance with company procedures for issuance to supervisors prior to requesting authorization for purchase order release; Responsible for accurate cost estimates on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Overseen repairs and maintenance on key production assets including pumps, generators, compressors & boilers throughout North America.
- Resolved conflicts between planners and contractors by analyzing project requirements; proposed cost-effective alternatives.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw construction of road, sewer, and water facilities in the Pacific Northwest.
- Worked with other professionals to develop estimates for projects ranging from $30,000 to $300,000.
- Prepared product quotes by researching material costs and reviewing subcontractor bids.
- Conducted cost analysis of project proposals using estimating software.
- Analyzed plans created by engineers to estimate the cost of materials required for construction.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 6
- Managed a team of estimators in the research, analysis and production of bid packages for military contracts.
- Met or exceeded assigned budgets by 15% for three consecutive years by using time management skills, focused determination, and resourcefulness.
- Effectively handled multiple tasks working under pressure to meet schedules; increased productivity by 30%.
- Repaired $50 million damage to an experimental aircraft costing $200 million dollars through effective communication with customer.
- Recognized as top performer four times for sustained superior performance. Received the President’s Award for Excellence in Quality six times.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 7
- Developed and presented material estimations to management in order to secure objectives.
- Pioneered development of new statistical model/methodology in order to improve estimation process.
- Managed all activities related to the accuracy and consistency of production estimates by utilizing Shewhart control charts.
- Established high level service standards by developing metrics for performance tracking, training, and evaluating measures.
- Designed work plan for project estimated at $10 million; projected completion within 2 weeks of schedule with positive cash flow return on investment.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 8
- Achieved a 99% success rate in resolving multi-million dollar claims for over 20 national insurance companies.
- Volunteered to lead the conversion from manual methods of building information modeling which saved an estimated 60 man days per month.
- Pioneered new methodologies in computer aided estimation which yielded quality improvements up to 50%.
- Saved the company 12 million dollars with improved roof estimations by developing cost-effective technologies for roofing printers and scanners.
- Proficiently managed productivity levels, organized workflow, forecasts costs, capitalized on training opportunities, tracked inventory and implemented new technology to increase profitability while maintaining competitive pricing for all repair/installation services.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 9
- Established relationships with clients and developed company’s market position.
- Effectively supervised, coached, mentored, and motivated team members to achieve defined goals.
- Improved the productivity by 30% through improved work processes; recognized by Capacity Manager.
- Implemented process changes that generated an average of $850K in annual savings every year for the last four years; recognized as one of six employees who saved the company more than $1 million annually.
- Improved materials utilization by 10%, which led to $75K net savings for this fiscal year; recognized by Plant Engineer.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 10
- Developed advanced computational, analytical, and problem-solving skills through 30+ years of experience.
- Successfully implemented new system estimations despite limited support; effectively communicated to management the necessity for additional training with suppliers.
- Expertly determined methods for cost reduction by 35%, exceeding EBITDA objectives needed to meet growth targets.
- Saved company $5 million in costs with improved process designs that cut hazardous waste generation by 15%.
- Passed US citizenship test after 12 months of study; regularly attend English language classes to enhance communication skills.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 11
- Trained by the estimator to perform product costing; recognized for my value on several occasions.
- Identified an 8% material cost reduction within first month of employment.
- Developed a benchmarking program which achieved substantial savings, 33%, in procurement costs exceeding $50,000 per year.
- Discovered and diagnosed errors in contractor index pricing data; responsible for locating missing or incorrect information resulting in lower project costs, improved financial results, and reduced administrative workload.
- Recognized by Management as a driving force behind achievement of company goals and objectives through accurate bids and timely project completion schedule management.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 12
- Led a team of estimators to develop an industry-first, high-performance automated cost estimation system.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of product life cycle management practices.
- Proposed design changes during prototypes which led to significant financial gains for company’s client base.
- Successfully executed numerous projects within low/high risk categories, improving efficiency and lowering costs by 20%.
- Designed procedures that have saved the company over $100 million in revenue over the course of two years.
Estimation Engineer Resume Sample 13
- Performed material take-off’s for all projects; achieved 100% accuracy on first try.
- Prepared and presented status reports to Project Manager and other clients at weekly meetings.
- Ensured that construction costs were accurately captured in the company’s estimating department.
- Initiated process to standardize field operations, resulting in $30,000 savings per year through waste reduction and time optimization.
- Conducted training sessions on the new software program for other engineers as requested by management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.