When a company needs supplies to produce their products, they turn to a procurement analyst to reach out to vendors and work to obtain the best and highest quality goods for the lowest price. They check vendors and their credentials to ensure that they are qualified and then they negotiate a deal for the supplies to keep the company in stock going forward.
How to Become a Successful Procurement Analyst?
Most employers desire a bachelor’s degree, but there are a wide array of fields that give you the skills and experience to begin your career. Fields like finance, engineering, accounting or even business will help prepare you for this career.
When you are initially hired you will typically work under a more experienced employee as their assistant to learn in the field, and you will perform much of their note taking and filing while they teach you the specifics.
From a professional, you can learn to better look over offered supplies to see if they are of the quality you need, or if you are being offered goods that aren’t to the standard your company requires.
Once you begin working on your own it will be up to you to start looking for vendors and arranging deals for your company, as well as looking out for shortages or potential issues for the supplies your company needs to produce its goods.
Much of what you do will need to be recorded and filed away for the sake of legal documentation, so you will need to be carefully organized and keep records of all available transactions to keep your company protected.
The Best Procurement Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Procurement Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Developed dynamic purchasing schedule that maintained inventory levels but allowed reduced pricing.
- Created strong working relationships with departmental managers and with all suppliers.
- Worked closely with logistics team to create a comprehensive inventory tracking system.
- Negotiated several long-term contracts with vendors that generated significant profit.
- Worked closely with logistics’ department to develop efficient shipping and receiving schedules.
- Facilitate Advertising contracts and savings reporting for audit readiness and compliance.
- SRM: Implement Agency Management survey to gain visibility into BMS/Client relationship.
- Work with the category leads within Global Procurement (Advertising, PR, and Media) to ensure the initiatives are being met.
- Develop and provide reports to support effective management of supplier performance and to track and report on benefits delivered.
- Attend fashion shows, review garment magazines and manuals in order to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preference.
- Monitor fashion trends and determine which items customers will buy at a profit.
- Use fashion sense, knowledge of trends, and understanding of target customers to create desirable merchandise assortments for the store.
- Sourcing and vetting vendors, with a keen attention to fashion product details.
- Determine from which vendors to purchase goods, communicate company needs with vendors, and maintain relationships.
- Created bid and proposal solicitations such as Requests for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), and Request for Quotes (RFQ).
- Reduced project costs by an average of 20% by negotiating pricing for initial purchases and renewals while maintaining quality of product and services. Tracked savings for financial reports and budget forecasting.
- Executed price analysis, connected with management in savings and budget discussions for IT (Services and Infrastructure), and presented findings and cost effective solutions for the business.
- Assisted in managing daily procurement activities by review and approval of items from suppliers for city-wide affairs.
- Accurately prepared 20 emergency declaration memorandums on behalf of the division Director to ensure the protection of the public’s health, safety and welfare.
- Conducted daily qualitative and quantitative vendor analysis to ensure most responsible, responsive selection.
- Coordinates with DYCD Program units and human service contractors on the preparation, distribution and collection of contract and procurement documents.
- Manages and maintains current contract portfolio status reports
- Collects and prepares documentation for investigations of vendor responsibility and performance.
- Assist in preparing, monitoring and tracking of the OTPS spending plan activities and reports for (8) budget codes in order to meet Bureau needs and objectives.
- Evaluate solicitation documents and work with program/ end users to ensure that needs are satisfied in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Review submissions and/or draft recommendations for contract awards and modifications.
- Verifies requisitions for accuracy and validate scope of work collaborating with Project Managers and internal stakeholders.
- Verifies requisitions for accuracy and validates scope of work collaborating with Project Managers and internal stakeholders.
- Solicits quotes, evaluates bids ensuring they are compliant with policies, including pricing analysis, and issue Purchase Orders to successful vendors.
- Work collaboratively with Project Managers, Legal, Risk Management, Department of Diversity & Civil Rights, and other functions as necessary to secure leading class contract terms and service levels in a timely fashion.
- Prepare all contract documentation, including contract request forms, and contract amendment requests.
- Draft progress reports, performance reports, budget justifications, and carryover requests for federal funder (HRSA).
- Management of and submissions for payment to federal funder for expenses incurred within the Healthy Start Brooklyn program including invoices, reimbursement requests, purchase orders, and travel requests on a weekly basis.
- Provide guidance and feedback to subcontractors in regards to the procurement procedure.
- Assists the Bureau of Contract Officer with processing requisitions, purchase goods, services, and constructions.
- Prepare encumbrances, purchase orders, requisitions, invoices, and receiving reports for payment process utilizing Financial Management System (FMS3).
- Assist in reviewing requisitions and purchase orders to determine their accuracy and adequacy and consult with division to adjust discrepancies.
- Identify required increase and decreases as established in the original contract which result from non-conforming prices or quantities for necessary adjustments.
- Cost and price calculation for current and potential products based on import factors.
- Optimizing SKU mix, sales and gross margin and the achievement of sales and gross margin for the category as it relates to the strategic plan.
- Handling and resolving quality issues by facilitating continuous improvement with supplier base.
- Procures direct purchases as bid pricing, processes large orders, and provides competitive benchmarks that are used by the sales team when quoting prices to customers.
- Provides SVP Merchandising with Quarterly reports – collects and consolidates all direct purchasing data for reporting to suppliers.
- Wholesale pricing analysis for CEO – monitors credit report and insures accuracy to save company money.