Journeyman Welders are repair workers required to maintain mechanical machinery, buildings and machines and install, troubleshoot and repair in manufacturing business. Their duties are usually supervisory in nature required to address and diagnose quickly to equipment failure, repair and rebuild parts using welders and drills, provide list of parts required to complete tasks and perform electrical installations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Journeyman Welder Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Journeyman Welder resumes for your reference.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 1
- Established a proven track record of meeting and exceeding all productivity, quality, cost-savings, safety and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Completed a 45-day temporary assignment welding inside a nuclear power plant to support the shutdown and overhaul of a boiler for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Provided complete outage support services during an extended outage including prepping, rigging, lagging/painting, main generator stator rewinds, insulation system inspections & replacements on several units.
- Collaborated with 10 craftsmen from various trades to efficiently complete projects within budget by fabricating necessary equipment modification tools in shop as well as field repairs.
- Identified opportunities for process improvement through designing new tools and finding solutions to address unmet customer needs.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 2
- Welder in a team responsible for completing all necessary repairs to ensure that manufacturing equipment was operational.
- Identified the exact problem, sourced the part from vendor, and got production line back up and running within an hour.
- Performed repairs on faulty electrical wiring ensuring ensured continuity of service without re-routing power from one plant to another.
- Replaced defective control panel preventing chemical spillage and fire damage after noticing a lack of screws holding the panel in place.
- Recognized for saving company millions by maintaining proper machine alignment throughout company ensuring quality product flow through assembly lines.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 3
- Maintained quality control standards at .065% of defective pieces.
- Honed skills welding a variety of plate materials including chrome, stainless steel, and aluminum under exacting company conditions.
- Performed square root function calculations to identify single-run shear angles for CNC machine operators.
- Mentored seven welding apprentices learning arc/tig welding applications and safety procedures during their first year on the job.
- Engineered cabling layout strategies based on input from software engineers; designed and executed final CAD drawings for data center’s primary network switchgear arrangement.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 4
- Fabricated and installed the foundation, steel framing structures, column bases, and stairwells for a new subdivision.
- Designed roof trusses; participated in the assembly of over 656 pieces of truss-work using 23 different piece types during two months at an industrial manufacturing plant.
- Rescued structural integrity of seven damaged low pressure vessels by welding them back together within strict weight restrictions (less than 1/4 inch total allowable deflection allowed).
- Installed six replacement slabs that included removing four existing slabs, excavating soil to correct subsurface water infiltration problems before pouring replacement slabs on grade while working for construction company.
- Welded final assembly of construction equipment and fabricated metal parts for oil rigs; involved in the fabrication and erection of pre-fabricated steel buildings.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 5
- Selected to lead a Team of Journeymen Welder for the 20th consecutive year.
- Assembled, fabricated, and placed steel beams ranging from 30-ft to 85-ft in length at heights up to 250 ft on multiple bridge projects across New York & New Jersey .
- Identified as best worker for 9 out of 10 weeks; maintained 100% safety rating during entire tenure working with abrasive blasting equipment.
- Marked all welding specifications within 1/32″ tolerance on average; recognized by Senior Instructor for excellence in workmanship.
- Trained two apprentices; educated them on advanced techniques and practices involved with industrial welding.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 6
- Welded four main cross-beams, two long beams and six gussets on a decommissioned oil rig.
- Installed 26 bolts in a 3/8″ by 4 1/2″ configuration to connect the walking deck with the storage rack.
- Completed work within budget, ahead of schedule, and received a five-star customer review from management for quality results.
- Mis-welded three out of four required holes when repairing a pipe stand; reworked all mis-welds with band saw and MIG welder until finally achieving acceptable results.
- Managed welding projects that included cutting, prepping, grinding, welding, and safety monitoring.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated expertise in welding, cutting, and brazing of metals including Carbon Steel (A36-A283), Stainless Steel (303-304), Aluminum, Monel 400, Nickel 200, Copper Alloys C12200/C15410/C22000.
- Operated MIG, TIG, SAW machines with proficiency for aluminum welding.
- Identified potential safety hazards on metal structures during walk around inspections; suggested corrective measures to management for implementation.
- Efficiently managed inventory of all welding supplies necessary to support fabrication of custom steel products.
- Assisted in the construction of a steel bridge; applied welding techniques to an existing design using multiple pieces of varying shapes and sizes.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 8
- Qualified to work with all types of steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals on-site at the mill.
- Welded structural steel for building construction projects including highway signs, bridges, pipelines, power plants, refineries, petrochemical facilities.
- Repaired over 1/4 mile of pipe after an oil refinery explosion that took out some 45 items in the plant; restored normal production within 4 hours while adhering to strict safety standards.
- Restored one million dollars’ worth of damaged pipe without issue after a natural disaster impacted the Gulf Coast area where I was employed. Saving this client time and money which had been lost shutdowns due to previous welders quitting.
- Received high ratings on performance evaluations; recognized as a top performer with this client.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 9
- Assembled, installed, and repaired hundreds of heavy steel structures.
- Implemented cost-saving techniques through the use of long welds, reusing excess metal from one structure to build another.
- Trained younger journeymen in welding procedures to promote apprenticeship retention.
- Mentored other welders by instructing proper cutting angles that resulted in smoother joints with less preparation time being required prior to welding.
- Pre-qualified for Journeyman Welding Certification based on college course testing and 8 years of documented work experience.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 10
- Set up and operated gas cutting, brazing, and braze-flux machines.
- Installed welding equipment so it could be used by others.
- Troubleshot mechanical problems with existing equipment including drive motors, axles, brakes, transmissions, engine overhauls, fuel injectors for electricity generators.
- Developed training course for new operators to ensure safe operation of the equipment based on OSHA/NIOSH guidelines.
- Earned a special commendation from a state committee in recognition of my contributions to environmental initiatives in the state government.
Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 11
- Welded joints to industry standards using MIG, TIG, and Stick welding techniques.
- Repaired industrial machines with pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic components according to blueprints.
- Designed steel structures to fit within tight tolerances of less than 1/32 inch per side; reliable work that never failed inspections.
- Equally skilled at repairing or replacing pumps, valves, cooling systems, conveyor belts, electrical equipment, cranes and rigging equipment.
- Pioneered project management by drawing up the plan for a $10 million mill modernization project; efficient implementation resulting in no lost-time accidents or injuries.
To be a journeyman Welder a High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of two-year experience in welding. Important skills include the ability to perform under-pressure, multi-task, be able to work as a team or individually, display good mathematics skills, spoken skills, attention to safety, welding skills and dexterity skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Journeyman Welder Resume Samples
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 1
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 2
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 3
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 4
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 5
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 6
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 7
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 8
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 9
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 10
- Journeyman Welder Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up