Shipping Coordinators are mangers who work in supply warehouses, they oversee the warehouse shipment processes and liaise with clients. Their duties include preparing shipments quotes for clients, overseeing shipment of materials from warehouse to clients, responding to clients inquiries and complaints, and overseeing staffing and safety in the warehouse.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Shipping Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Shipping Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Planned and directed the shipment of over 5,000 international packages per year via air and ocean carriers.
- Supervised warehouse staffers to maintain a safe and secure inventory area; promoted good housekeeping techniques including proper labeling, shelving, storage, arrangement of products.
- Responded to emergencies in a prompt manner utilizing outstanding communication skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Utilized effective problem-solving strategies to ensure all final billing procedures were completed prior to departure of international shipments.
- Collaborated with various departments such as accounting, purchasing, sales representatives and shipping department managers in order to prioritize independent shipping orders/dispatches accordingly.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Achieved 95% on-time delivery record (OTDR) for all shipments.
- Met OTDR monthly goals each month; helped to create policy requiring double OTDR review before shipments are delivered.
- Achieved 6 Sigma level efficiency in shipping department; set up new procedures to solve root cause of problems.
- Negotiated an exception to the port’s 3 business day clearance process, saving company over $5,000 per week in demurrage costs.
- Discovered that owners of containers were not completing customs requirements prior to ship out date; adjusted procedure to ensure compliance prior to shipment delivery.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Established shipping methods to accommodate customer demands, accounting for weather conditions and other factors.
- Trained staff on proper shipping practices.
- Organized distribution system; reduced lead time by 25%.
- Grew sales of storage-tolerant product line by over 100% with innovative marketing strategies.
- Accounted for all load movements; kept inventory under control during critical months.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Implemented freight shipping procedures and carrier relations.
- Installed EDI with seven shipping companies to ensure efficient processes and lower costs by removing paper work, phone calls, and faxes.
- Oversaw the shipment of over 500,000 units within an international framework; identified potential issues at hand instead of opening a new case.
- Supervised the loading process for all freight truck shipments; monitored employees’ activities through documentation by scanning barcodes for accountability purposes.
- Monitored, educated employees on compliance guidelines for hazardous material shipments including proper handling, storage, labeling, packaging, declarations, documentation procedures and training programs.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Negotiated supplier terms for lower prices with vendors in order to reduce costs.
- Oversaw operations of the warehouse, including receiving, shipping, storage, requisitioning supplies, and inventory controls.
- Resolved supply problems by maintaining relationships with manufacturers; negotiating improved delivery schedules.
- Co-managed logistics operations during an emergency situation when another staff member was on vacation or sick leave.
- Received Certificate of Achievement for outstanding contributions made to the company’s financial turnaround plan that allowed for greater profitability in less time than any previous year.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Ensured the timely distribution of all customer requests to maximize productivity.
- Overhauled department tracking software to improve inventory system efficiency and accuracy saw a 33% increase in inventory availability from 95% to 122%.
- Performed comprehensive review of existing supply chain business processes, analyzed proposed changes, and implemented best practices that led to a 30% reduction in process cycle times.
- Assessed transportation contracts, negotiated better rates with carriers which saved over $100,000 annually.
- Achieved above average performance appraisal ratings by completing successful monthly sales goals while leading multiple teams through planning, training and participation in operational execution.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Effectively tracked and reported on transportation issues based on communication with carriers.
- Provided resources to the department by effectively managing the allocation of equipment such as trucks, trailers, and drivers.
- Accurately monitored cash flow at all times; maintained profit margin through efficient management of expenses and revenues.
- Exhibited timely response through effective communication with truckers to expedite delivery process.
- Trained and developed three new staff members into efficient Shipping Coordinators by providing support and guidance throughout their onboarding period.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Streamlined pick-up/drop-off procedures by analyzing procedure standards, updating procedure documents, and communicating updates to department.
- Recognized as a top 5% performer for several consecutive quarters; recognized by VP of Operations with Employee Appreciation Award.
- Hired, trained, motivated, and gave performance feedback on 10 temporary employees during peak season – all contracted workers successfully completed the training process and continued employment at the company.
- Oversaw purchase order distribution and shipment processing of $500k+ in U.S. exports. Ensured accuracy of data by proofreading daily shipping reports + confirming information with vendor partners & carrier companies.
- Contributed to team effort by updating layout procedures and streamlining the process of entering shipment information in system.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Coordinate multiple projects and tasks with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Find ways to increase the accuracy and efficiency of production processes, reduce shrinkage and lower product damage.
- Achieve weekly goals for processing transactions within established timeframes by identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Standardize order fulfillment by creating a new process for document distribution between departments which minimized rework costs.
- Analyze numbers in order to make informed decisions on how best to allocate resources, address performance gaps, or plan future activities.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Provided daily tracking reports for over 20,000 shipments.
- Standardized the review and verification process of shipping schedules for expedited trailers to a single-source document which decreased processing time from 12 hours to 1 hour.
- Improved procedure development process by creating a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams; increased average savings per client from $2,500 – $5,000 after first three months on the job.
- Reviewed and processed shipment documentation as requested by customer in order to maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Personally developed new business opportunities resulting in the addition of over 50 companies as customers within first six months due to personal connections made during undergraduate school career internship program.
Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Assisted customers in shipping items to their new homes and helped with the overall sales, installation and completion of orders.
- Transported inventory to service centers and warehouse facilities for storage and subsequent transport to customers.
- Provided product information valued at $100,000 per month; enabled users to make informed decisions regarding purchase of items/services from company products line.
- Guaranteed safe road transportation through dispatcher responsibility; supervised vehicles ensuring they were in good working order and rested adequately prior to trip departures.
- Aided in implementing a Shipping Department reorganization plan that improved accuracy by 30%; allowed the department meet its goals by providing reports containing accurate data on time.
To work as Shipping Coordinators you need a minimum a High School Diploma or Equivalence but a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management may be needed, experience in warehouse and management experience is also desirable. Shipping Coordinators must demonstrate ability to work well under stressful situations, show a high degree of skill and judgment, are detail orientated, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written communication, able to multitask, and have adequate knowledge of warehouse processes.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Shipping Coordinator Resume Samples
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Shipping Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up