These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Billing Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Assist manager and supervisor with training and projects, also assist team members with billing issues.
- Assist manager and supervisor with time off schedules, workshops, meetings and interviews.
- Multi specialist practice billing in a centralized billing office (Facility and Professional for: Family Medicine, OBGYN, Midwifery, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neonatology, Orthopedic, Home Health and Behavioral Health).
- Verify Medical insurance benefits for Medicare, Medicaid, BlueCross BlueShield, Worker’s Comp and Commercial carriers.
- Verify eligibility and benefits for patients scheduled for surgery at the facility for both commercial insurance, workers compensation and no fault cases.
- Confirm and request if need be, authorization requests needed for surgeries at the facility.
- Contact patients and advise of copays, co-insurance and deductibles if any due at the time of surgery.
- Post charges and verify that all insurance information is accurate before submitting for electronic billing.
- Responsible for collecting, posting, managing account payments, submitting claims and following up with insurance companies.
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Review accounts for possible adjustment and/or assignment and make recommendations to the Billing Supervisor.
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
- Ensured timely payments to attorneys by accurately processing client information, including retainer fees, discounts, and personal information, within billing system.
- Corresponded with billing Attorneys regarding current monthly billings or A/R as needed.
- Assisted human reources in monthly memorandum reports to reflect staff changes from previous month.
- Electronically submit invoices to various vendors for payments for services done by attorneys.
- Contacted insurance adjusters, billing attorneys in regards to appealing reduced invoices and/or conducted billing when charges are denied.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Oversight of accounting related to medical expense and related recoveries and reimbursements.
- Establishes and maintains payroll records, leav reports, and staff insurance enrollment/termination.
- Prepare monthly Invoice packages for all billable projects, including all backup, e.g., timesheets, expenses and rate approvals.
- Review all Sub Consultant Invoices making sure they follow all of our billing requirements.
- Process the data entry of the weekly field timesheets and expenses reports for corporate posting.
- Prepare quarterly Unbilled Reports and solve any unbilled issues in order to optimize the billing process.
- Prepare, Generate and distribute large volume of monthly pre-bills to billing attorneys.
- Prepare draft and final invoice for partner approvals (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, apply retainers, and write offs).
- Submitting e-bills along with appropriate documentation back up via E-billing websites and follow up to ensure e-bills are successful and approved for payment.
- Worked with all levels within the Medical organization, possessed a good rapport with the management team.
- Processed insurance claims with over four different insurance companies.
- Attending Phone Calls, Multi-Tasking, Filing Documents into folders, & Logging Information into Computer Files.
- Daily claim scrubbing of Internal Medicine, Dental and Substance Abuse care for 4 site locations.
- Accountable for claim reconciliations for MetroPlus and VNSNY Choice for 12 site locations.
- Responsible for collections of 6 Medicaid HMO payers for Adult Day Health Care claims.
- Lead the operations of the billing department, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting,accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Supervised billing office personnel, which included work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluated performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivated employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Trained billing personnel for the transition to ICD-10 billing system.
- Prepared and analyzed all accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly financial reports, and insurance contracts in conjunction with the Practice Administrator.
- Process purchase orders-verification of prices and quantities and clear P.Os from system.
- Draft, edit, review and finalized batch invoices in accordance with the client’s contract.
- Submit invoices electronically and ensure invoices are mailed and upload in the web on time.
- Post employees’ expense reports and write off amount to appropriate G/L accounts.
- Manage Chargeback and bank charge issues by accessing Vendor’s web portal accounts.
- Managing detail aging, computerized and manual cash batch, commission, data entry, order processing functions for 4 major accounts with over thousands of entries netting over $10M.
- Working closely with Sales, Customer Service and cross functional team to verify the validity of deductions and claims.
- Managing automated and manual account entries for open orders and unbilled revenues to generate reports.
- Responsible for running daily, weekly and monthly unbilled reports and maintain individual company’s customer reports.