The Billing Specialist is responsible for reviewing invoices, making changes as needed, and sending those invoices to the appropriate departments. The top skills for this position are organization, phone etiquette, communication skills through listening and speaking, problem solving techniques, customer service, attention to detail, and computer software programs such as Microsoft Excel or QuickBooks. The minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma or equivalent, but some positions might prefer an associate degree.
The Best Billing Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Billing Specialist resumes for your reference.
- Assist manager and supervisor with training and projects, also assist team members with billing issues.
- Assist manager and supervisor with time off schedules, workshops, meetings, and interviews.
- Multi-specialist practice billing in a centralized billing office (Facility and Professional for Family Medicine, OBGYN, Midwifery, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Neonatology, Orthopedic, Home Health, and Behavioral Health).
- Verify Medical insurance benefits for Medicare, Medicaid, BlueCross BlueShield, Worker’s Comp, and Commercial carriers.
- Troubleshot problems in the computer systems, billing software, and microfilming system; resolved problems within 24 hours.
- Verify eligibility and benefits for patients scheduled for surgery at the facility for both commercial insurance, workers compensation, and no-fault cases.
- Confirm and request if need be, authorization requests needed for surgeries at the facility.
- Contact patients and advise of copays, co-insurance and deductibles if any due at the time of surgery.
- Post charges and verifies that all insurance information is accurate before submitting for electronic billing.
- Received award from Regional Manager for exemplary performance during our busiest time of the year.
- Responsible for collecting, posting, managing account payments, submitting claims, and following up with insurance companies.
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Review accounts for possible adjustments and/or assignments and makes recommendations to the Billing Supervisor.
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third-party payers.
- Identified methods for improving customer service by evaluating the effectiveness of current procedures and practices; suggested enhancements to software with a positive impact on productivity.
- Ensured timely payments to attorneys by accurately processing client information, including retainer fees, discounts, and personal information, within the billing system.
- Corresponded with billing Attorneys regarding current monthly billings or A/R as needed.
- Assisted human resources in monthly memorandum reports to reflect staff changes from the previous month.
- Electronically submit invoices to various vendors for payments for services done by attorneys.
- Contacted insurance adjusters, billing attorneys in regards to appealing reduced invoices and/or conducted billing when charges are denied.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
- Oversight of accounting related to medical expenses and related recoveries and reimbursements.
- Establishes and maintains payroll records, leave reports, and staff insurance enrollment/termination.
- Streamlined processes while creating efficiencies within our billing cycle; reduced manual input errors by 20%.
- A used initiative to process new products being sold by vendors; helped to meet company revenue goals.
- Prepare monthly Invoice packages for all billable projects, including all backup, e.g., timesheets, expenses, and rate approvals.
- Review all Sub Consultant Invoices making sure they follow all of our billing requirements.
- Process the data entry of the weekly field timesheets and expenses reports for corporate posting.
- Prepare quarterly Unbilled Reports and solve any unbilled issues in order to optimize the billing process.
- Assisted users in processing medical claims for payments for services rendered to patients, composing letters, and managing accounts receivable.
- Prepare, Generate and distribute a large volume of monthly pre-bills to billing attorneys.
- Prepare draft and final invoice for partner approvals (i.e., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, apply retainers, and write-offs).
- Submitting e-bills along with appropriate documentation back up via E-billing websites and follow-up to ensure e-bills are successful and approved for payment.
- Completed over 700 billing entries for health care providers and their clients; prepared detailed reports on accounts receivable.
- Relabeled duplicate claims and sent to the appropriate department; helped resolve duplicate reimbursement concerns on the expired claims.
- Worked with all levels within the Medical organization, possessed a good rapport with the management team.
- Processed insurance claims with over four different insurance companies.
- Attending Phone Calls, Multi-Tasking, Filing Documents into folders, & Logging Information into Computer Files.
- Achieved award of excellence in customer service, experienced a 90% decrease in billing errors; assisted supervisor with monthly reports detailing billing operations.
- Resolved discrepancies through extensive data analysis as well as follow-up work with customers, managed complex billing issues and implemented corrective actions.
- Daily claim scrubbing of Internal Medicine, Dental, and Substance Abuse care for 4 site locations.
- Accountable for claim reconciliations for MetroPlus and VNSNY Choice for 12 site locations.
- Responsible for collections of 6 Medicaid HMO payers for Adult Day Health Care claims.
- Provided customers with accurate and prompt service; resolved billing questions, concerns, and troubles.
- Led bill payment department to achieve the highest rate of collected bills in the company.
- Lead the operations of the billing department, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management.
- Supervised billing office personnel, which included work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluated performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivated employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Trained billing personnel for the transition to the ICD-10 billing system.
- Prepared and analyzed all accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly financial reports, and insurance contracts in conjunction with the Practice Administrator.
- Established automated payments of largest customers; simplified administrative procedures by a computerized system.
- Process purchase orders-verification of prices and quantities and clear P.Os from the system.
- Draft, edit, review, and finalized batch invoices in accordance with the client’s contract.
- Submit invoices electronically and ensure invoices are mailed and uploaded on the web on time.
- Post employees’ expense reports and write off amounts to appropriate G/L accounts.
- Manage Chargeback and bank charge issues by accessing Vendor’s web portal accounts.
- Managing detail aging, computerized and manual cash batch, commission, data entry, order processing functions for 4 major accounts with over thousands of entries netting over $10M.
- Working closely with Sales, Customer Service, and cross-functional teams to verify the validity of deductions and claims.
- Managing automated and manual account entries for open orders and unbilled revenues to generate reports.
- Responsible for running daily, weekly, and monthly unbilled reports and maintaining individual company’s custom reports.
- Learned to use computer software for maintaining customer accounts, organizing staff schedules, and other applications.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.