The Gallery Director establishes the artistic policy of the gallery and manages the daily operations. Their duties include responsibility for both permanent collections and specific artwork for exhibitions, building the reputation of the gallery, creating interest among the art community and the public, managing staff and gallery operations, handling budgetary tasks, and arranging preparations for exhibits and presentations.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Gallery Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Gallery Director resumes for your reference.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 1
- Displayed the widest range of art genres, from traditional to innovative work.
- Enriched the lives of children and adults by organizing a wide array of cultural experiences, including lectures, music performances, and special programs for families committed to education.
- Enhanced University’s community relations by overseeing $75 million dollar gift from artist and collector.
- Strengthened business relationships with external organizations by winning $100,000 grant for University’s art collection.
- Increased revenue per gallery visitor through targeted marketing efforts to corporate sponsors and foundation donors.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 2
- Conceived and implemented promotional strategies for gallery exhibits that attracted over 15,000 visitors throughout 5 consecutive years.
- Collaborated with 24 artists to manage an art project which involved the creation of a contemporary sculpture garden.
- Built exhibition space from scratch by renovating vacant retail space; received LEED certification.
- Pioneered low-impact art storage facility to conserve ecological resources for local artists.
- Led the project that built a new home for an established gallery, increasing visibility and revenue by 400% within 2 years of operation.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 3
- Developed a new marketing plan to increase revenue and visitors at the museum.
- Oversaw staff of 40 employees, plus seasonal volunteers, in daily operations. Assisted in hiring and training team members.
- Produced over 90 exhibitions in a year with an average of 15,000 visitors per exhibition.
- Trained volunteer docents for public tours with emphasis on customer service skills and art history knowledge; received several rave reviews from patrons.
- Grew membership exponentially after launching new monthly events series, themed lectures/classes/tours, and creative social media campaigns.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw budget of $250,000 per year and supervised gallery staff overseeing 80+ photography exhibits with over 40,000 tourists visiting annually.
- Introduced four new galleries in major department stores in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- Promoted revenue growth via advertising campaigns to acquire greater market share; increased brand awareness by 30 percent.
- Achieved award for “overall excellence” in digital media and design during 12 years of service in the industry.
- Earned praise from customers and co-workers; encouraged innovative strategies that increase productivity levels, quality results/service quality ratios.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 5
- Promoted extensive public outreach by involving local organizations in art exhibits, performances, and special projects.
- Managed the inventory of all works displayed at UA Gallery.
- Administered gallery educational programs including lectures, hands-on workshops for students, teachers, and the community.
- Improved gallery revenue stream through innovative fundraising strategies; awarded 1st place award out of 15 competing galleries.
- Received best sales year for museum shop during first full year as Director due to assessments of POS sales data compared to prior years.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 6
- Increased gallery sales by 20%, increasing annual revenue to $200,000.
- Organized the creation of the Gallery’s first corporate sponsorship program that raised over $20,000 in new funds to support the gallery.
- Curated a solo exhibition for emerging artist whose work was purchased by international collectors before opening night.
- Created fundraising events with attendance from more than 300 people throughout New York City for exhibitions and artists’ benefit.
- Spearheaded the event surrounding the 100th anniversary of Gustav Klimt’s death; design team executed nearly 600 invitations to VIPs, organizing close to 400 attendees without incident or complication.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 7
- Attracted patrons through various marketing efforts, increasing membership by 50%.
- Restructured hours of operation to accommodate school tours and events.
- Collaborated on successful fundraising initiatives with the City Council for new art gallery construction.
- Identified an abandoned building as a suitable new location for the gallery; negotiated lease agreements and supervised renovation.
- Achieved financial re-organization during one year of operation resulting in positive net income (revenue greater than expenses).
Gallery Director Resume Sample 8
- Hired and directed 18 staff members, many with extensive experience and at least one Master degree.
- Ensured gallery objectives were met by assigning tasks to staff and overseeing workflow; contributed to the quarterly success of galleries.
- Pioneered new discussion series for art collectors through social media outreach, which increased membership by 12%.
- Developed budgets that successfully presented financial goals while promoting fiscal responsibility during 54% budget decrease.
- Selected as nominations committee member for Art Educator Association of California’s awards ceremony.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 9
- Oversaw the gallery’s daily operations as well as planning and implementing new programming.
- Organized four-month artist residency that included over 30 events attended by more than 500 people, resulting in increased membership and financial support for the organization.
- Promoted and coordinated art exhibitions throughout the state of California, including a modernist architecture exhibition at San Francisco City Hall and a classical Chinese art exhibition at University Art Museum.
- Developed outreach programs to create awareness about cultural opportunities through public talks, discussion forums, community engagement activities, and cultural exchange visits.
- Expanded the audience for museum with nearly 15% increase in visitation within one year joining the team.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 10
- Curate, organize, and educate visitors in contemporary art.
- Develop success for artist by managing public relations and coordinating events to increase exposure for the gallery.
- Painting instructor at Etcetera Studios who teaches children’s art classes for over three years.
- Coordinator of two successful fundraising events that led to $75,000 in contributions for museum acquisitions.
- Organized an exhibition of new photography at the museum; textiles curator who built relationships with major clothing manufacturers and fashion designers in order to enhance museum collections.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 11
- Curated works that have been viewed by over 200,000 people.
- Promoted through social media marketing, bringing in 135% increase of sales revenue.
- Developed a new art quilt program with the National Quilting Association to draw in additional sales for gallery’s artists.
- Orchestrated an exhibition that drew 4,000 patrons to the gallery within 7 weeks of its debut; received local press coverage and generated discussion about issues relating to race relations.
- Initiated two fundraiser events at gallery resulting in over $20,000 being raised for the organization.
Gallery Director Resume Sample 12
- Managed a multi-million dollar operation with a nationally recognized educational program and managed a team of ten staff members.
- Established the gallery as a respected cultural center by strengthening dialogue between artists, community leaders, critics, and art historians.
- Worked closely with clients to help integrate their brands into our culture through creative marketing campaigns that attract an audience through targeted demographics.
- Designed programs to increase artist equity including commissioning new works from emerging artists, commissioning works from mid-career artists, and creating publications about the artist’s work.
- Collaborated with local businesses and other organizations to provide opportunities for positive social change by bringing together people from all walks of life.
To work as a gallery Director, you need to have a bachelor’s degree or considerable experience in the field. A Gallery Director must have excellent organization, good planning skills, management and leadership skills, attention to details, record keeping abilities, excellent public relations, and some business training.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Gallery Director Resume Samples
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 1
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 2
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 3
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 4
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 5
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 6
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 7
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 8
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 9
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 10
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 11
- Gallery Director Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up