An Advertising Account Manager acts as the connection between clients and the advertising company. Duties include putting together ad campaigns, determining what the client wants, making sure the client gets what they paid for, communicating with the creative team, strengthening client relationships, addressing concerns of clients, and working with the marketing department.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Advertising Account Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Advertising Account Manager resumes for your reference.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 1
- Acquired advertising account for a major fast-food chain. Worked closely with the owner to gain brand exposure through TV, radio, and print media. Advertised menu items in local publications.
- Sold subscribers on an entirely new product line; analyzed market research data to determine appropriate pricing and methods of delivery; sold company’s magazine on a small circulation basis.
- Developed ideas for new product lines and products within an assigned market area based on existing merchandising concepts and trends; created successful promotional campaigns for a new beer brand marketing campaign for Miami-based Corona Beer Company.
- Reviewed effectiveness of advertising programs; worked closely with supervisor to implement improvements in regions where results were not met expectations.
- Recruited new account executives; reviewed sales reports and personally evaluated regions to determine which should be continued.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 2
- Increased ad sales by 35% within the first 3 months; received positive responses and feedback from media buyers and clients alike.
- Improved overall website traffic by increasing the number of visitors to the site, while lowering the bounce rate through effective use of content.
- Closed a national $50,000 advertising campaign with a Fortune 500 company within six months.
- Installed Google Analytics on the company website; increased targeted website traffic by 30%.
- Implemented conversion tracking for web visitors; developed an online report that tracked web leads and subsequent email campaigns that led to closed sales.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 3
- Increased market share from 25% to 35%; won new clients in the food and beverage industry.
- Earned honor as a top-performing employee; was selected by peers for outstanding achievement in overseeing and coordinating account plans.
- Improved profits by 50% through maximizing client budgets and generating increased revenues.
- Secured national contract with an annual budget of $5M; overcame objections, objections, concerns, and skepticism posed by internal staff to successfully negotiate terms of the agreement.
- Aggressively negotiated regional advertising contracts; saved agency money or generated increased revenue on all projects assigned.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 4
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to agency and media advertising campaigns.
- Employed all aspects of effective customer service; effectively presented clients’ advertising needs and ensured efficient delivery of plans.
- Recognized by the Regional Manager for exceptional performance in all areas of the job.
- Received two awards for achieving outstanding quality on all accounts this year, including the top-ranking account in the Northeast Corridor.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 5
- Developed and executed strategic marketing campaigns for clients in which:
- Evaluated the potential of a new ad agency to develop a marketing campaign for its client.
- Increased sales by $10 million through the development of an integrated marketing plan for clients.
- Achieved an increase in sales from $5 to $75 million during the initial year with a new client without compromising quality or integrity by creating and implementing a comprehensive advertising/marketing strategy for a new account.
- Created and implemented communication tactics that resulted in a 30% increase in sales; recognized as Account Executive of the Year (2005).
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 6
- Certified the quality of the products and services provided by the dealership in terms of compliance with client objectives.
- Concluded negotiations between a union and an employer; settled a strike.
- Reduced costs while increasing revenues by managing direct mail, telemarketing, and e-mail campaigns; worked at converting customers from competitors.
- Created two new advertising campaigns for billion-dollar companies, increasing sales for both clients.
- Gained contract with a Fortune 500 company; negotiated between client and underwriter resulting in the contract signed on behalf of the firm.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 7
- Maintained advertising campaigns for seven insurance agencies.
- Attended networking functions to develop relationships with advertising agency managers and media owners.
- Distinguished employee by contributing to career growth, increasing the standard of service, and meeting company standards; developed outreach skills in the marketing and advertising area.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data pertaining to a client of record names, media buying strategies, segmentation records for print ad buys, tracking the performance of digital advertising.
- Distinguished employee by contributing to career growth, increasing the standard of service, and meeting company standards; recognized as a top performer in the network management group.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 8
- Directed advertising, marketing, and public relations for advertising agency including proposal writing and development, media buying, media planning, and scheduling, media production, review of copy and art.
- Evaluated proposals from new clients; provided strategic planning to assist clients in the expansion of business.
- Developed the creative strategy for major advertising campaigns.
- Directed national advertising campaign that resulted in an increase in revenue; enhanced brand name recognition by working with agencies to define communications stream.
- Trained intern as project manager; supervised interns’ duties; implemented company policies; conducted monthly reviews of annual reports to senior management.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 9
- Successfully organized and coordinated the development of the firm’s advertising campaigns.
- Successfully obtained new business; successfully negotiated with clients and achieved new contracts.
- Attained a high level of production in all areas of advertising, marketing, and public relations.
- Developed new advertising programs; accomplished each task to perfection, obtained client satisfaction, while adhering to a deadline.
- Achieved award for meeting client satisfaction guidelines from clients who had applied for membership or had attended one of our events.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 10
- Met or exceeded annual sales quota every quarter for two years; achieved top sales performance in the entire Metro New York Division.
- Recognized as a team player; coordinated with vendors to expedite project turnaround time and design consistency.
- Received President’s Club Award for outstanding achievement.
- Achieved award for customer responsiveness; frequently solicited feedback from customers regarding advertising campaigns and provided feedback to clients as warranted.
- Received superior performance award; frequently exceeded requirements tied to performance expectations.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 11
- Generated new business, renewals, and high-dollar / large-client work.
- Developed strategic plans.
- Developed media plans.
- Managed creative, production, and production assistants.
- Coordinated creative development with industry partners and clients, who included pharmaceuticals, technology firms, software companies, and retail stores.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 12
- Promoted a stable mix of products and services in a rapidly changing industry.
- Re-organized advertising budgeting and created ad campaigns that achieved desired results such as increased revenue and market share.
- Established client relations with key organizations resulting in profitable new business opportunities.
- Adhered to strict budgets and implemented appropriate marketing strategies that were effective in achieving the goals of the company.
- Achieved excellent quality rating; demonstrated ability to evaluate creative ideas, prioritize, plan creative concepts, hire creative professionals on an A-Team basis, train staff members on workflows, and effectively manage a creative team.
Advertising Account Manager Resume Sample 13
- Achieved award for 35% increase in revenue of a client during my first year as Sales Director.
- Increased web traffic by 270% within 12 months; earned applause from the management team and senior executives of the company.
- Recruited and managed a team of 3 Account Directors for a new client in record time.
- Designed and implemented a plan that increased sales for an existing client by 50%. This resulted in my receiving the “Sales Manager of the Year Award” in 2010.
- Redesigned 2 company publications resulting in improved readership. Also reduced production costs by 20%.
Educational requirements are bachelor’s degree in advertising, journalism, marketing or communications. An advertising account manager must demonstrate these skills: creativity, math and computer proficiency, marketing, management, communication, organization, and project management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.