Conference Coordinators support clients by handing all aspects of planning and execution of an event they are preparing, conference coordinators may be independent or work for an event venue. Their duties include meeting with clients to get details and desires for the event, contract with outside vendors including: event venues, catering, equipment rental, music, etc, overseeing set up and breakdown at the event, and create and maintain budget.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Conference Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Conference Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Directed the operations of an international, annual technology trade show with 1,700+ exhibiting companies and 60,000 attendees.
- Created a new exposition floor plan for increased usability and increased sponsorship revenue by 40%.
- Led team effort to increase sponsor acquisition by 400% over previous year’s performance.
- Planned events all over the world including Japan, China, Malaysia, Australia, Las Vegas & more.
- Worked closely with management to establish budgets within departmental guidelines while successfully developing rapport with executives at targeted organizations.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Curated the concept for, coordinated, and oversaw all logistics of a 2-day international conference with over 300 attendees that led to increased attendance at subsequent years.
- Consulted with individuals, groups, organizations, associations across 12 states on coordination of events resulting in effective teamwork between event planners.
- Created advertising campaigns including print ads, posters, postcards and radio commercials for an annual 4-day festival featuring world music artists.
- Facilitated public dialogue between community members of varying backgrounds to improve relationships and resolve conflict.
- Collaboratively planned, designed, implemented, managed strategic campaigns for events resulting in exceptional impact on the market value of an organization.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- In charge of all conference details from advertising, marketing, and promotions to onsite execution.
- Oversaw press parties as well as VIP functions for entertainment clients including actors, athletes, rock stars, and more.
- Provided assistance to the President in promoting company image through trade show design elements that included custom vignettes and kiosks with a total budget under $5K.
- Handled multiple budgets totaling over $200K on a tight six-week timeframe to coordinate an international business conference spanning four cities on three continents.
- Overcame logistical challenges of conference planning while connecting with key stakeholders of new product launches across various demographics.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Established relations with partner companies for multi-year contract.
- Utilized internal marketing platforms to increase awareness of both event and product line.
- Ensured that all marketing efforts associated with the product launch were activated within target time frame facilitating high levels of success during premiere event.
- Managed digital outreach effort resulting in increased internet presence, online search traffic by over 600%.
- Received recognition as one of company’s top performers; selected for annual employee recognition program based on demonstrated excellence, outstanding contribution, and dedication to quality results.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Executed advertising plan for new product launch in Asia Pacific market, generating 15 positive media placements.
- Achieved increase in revenue over last year with innovative marketing campaign that resulted in 35% growth of business.
- Spearheaded sponsorship drive resulting in 5 sponsorships totaling $10K for annual fundraiser.
- Created an integrated global marketing strategy plan to improve brand presence during the transition of ownership to US owner.
- Promoted company’s goodwill by making appropriate public appearances and giving interviews on behalf of the company during economic downturns.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Spearheaded the advertising campaign for 30th Anniversary of National Park Service.
- Managed month-long social media campaign to introduce 2nd in series coffee table book; built awareness in key community stakeholders using integrated non-traditional marketing tactics.
- Oversaw 18-person team in producing three annual events, including free concert with 900+ attendees and fireworks show; reduced costs by $30,000 by revising event timeline.
- Greeted 6500 visitors at opening day of 6 week exhibition which included 45 artist portfolios and contemporary art installations; urged patrons to leave reviews on Yelp, Facebook, etc.
- Collaborated with sister company to market directly to advertisers via custom media kit to increase web traffic, sales leads, and advertising revenue.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Organized, chaired, and sponsored the 1st Annual AWMA West Coast conference.
- Designed promotional materials; created website; handled registration; managed email list; and provided logistical support for the meeting.
- Spearheaded a successful promotion campaign that netted 21 new memberships to AWMA in less than 45 days.
- Created and organized an all-day seminar on “Expert Witness Marketing for Attorneys.”
- Directed preparation of monthly publication mailed to over 300 government agencies generating over 100 leads monthly.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Provided full conference support to over 700 attendees and 40 presenters.
- Managed day-of coordination of room set up, equipment, catering, food service and setup for all pre-conference events.
- Collaborated with Event Director and Web Developer to design and program electronic registration that increased registrations by over 30% in just three months.
- Coordinated with hotel staff on arrival details including additional services such as late check out at no charge and escort guests to their destinations around the city.
- Designed promotional material for outreach campaigns promoting social media campaigns utilizing web 2.0 tools Facebook, LinkedIn, Ping.fm, Blogger, Twitter etc.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Effectively planned and coordinated regular meetings, frequent seminars, and large events using the internet, email invitations, telephone calls to attendees, word of mouth promotion; increased attendee numbers by 40%.
- Assisted in planning activities for annual international convention.
- Revised meeting agendas when speakers’ schedules were changed.
- Provided input regarding new speaker proposals that resulted in over 10% increase in attendance at scheduled sessions.
- Coordinated logistics; scheduled transportation for groups with up to 25 members arriving from cities with multiple airports within a three-hour flight radius.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Organized, scheduled, and opened all pre-conference registration for over 300 participants within four hours of the conference opening.
- Presented a full itinerary at the state conference to earn praise from senior management for being organized, knowledgeable, and professional.
- Successfully coordinated 12 hotel suites for executive accommodations between two hotels.
- Planned and coordinated an awards ceremony with 56 award nominees; recognized by award recipients as having done a fantastic job orchestrating the event.
- Effectively used Microsoft Office to schedule conference calls; communicated accurate details about guests’ travel plans to all involved parties on time.
Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Managed all convention activities, including the registration desk & display booth for 200+ business people at two annual conventions.
- Attended training in event coordination to learn how to develop, plan and implement small-scale events in various local venues.
- Planned promotion campaigns for community events; educated audiences about upcoming festivities using press releases and radio announcements.
- Created promotional material (newspaper ads, flyers, banners) advertising special events; increased attendance by 12% in one year.
- Built rapport among vendors showcasing their products to generate excitement around booths during community fairs.
To work as an conference Coordinator you need a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or Public Relations, or earn a Certificate of Certified Special Events Planner (CSEP) from a local college. Conference coordinators must demonstrate exceptional communication, calm under pressure, multitasker, basic computer skills, strong negotiation, organization, problem-solving abilities, and sales oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Conference Coordinator Resume Samples
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Conference Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up