An Activity Director develops recreational activities for residents of a nursing home or for participants in a camp. Their duties include developing therapeutic activities, organizing bingo night, setting up book clubs, setting up an exercise program, developing arts and crafts projects, organizing hikes, and assessing effectiveness of their programs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Activity Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Activity Director resumes for your reference.
Activity Director Resume Sample 1
- Developed and improved on several entertaining and educational activities to enliven a variety of social functions.
- Proven team player, supported both the Junior Volleyball and Basketball teams by taking on leadership roles where appropriate.
- Active member of Church of Faith for 22 years; promoted youth programs for ten years.
- Recruited, trained, evaluated, scheduled, and supervised the work of four clerical staff members to ensure quality customer service.
- Aided development of room rentals profitably by planning events & activities in coordination with other Activity Directors across the nation for seven consecutive years.
Activity Director Resume Sample 2
- Established a program in which the participants voluntarily attended group meetings and activities to achieve their personal and social goals.
- Encouraged, assisted, and motivated residents to fulfill the responsibilities of their roles as volunteers.
- Offered fun activities for residents to pursue those interests of which they were passionate.
- Actively involved residents in planning and preparing meals with potential for nutritional benefit or enjoyment by all.
- Connected with individuals from other parts of the state, nation, or world through participation in clubs or associations.
Activity Director Resume Sample 3
- Conducted pre-employment screening; screened over 50 applicants and hired two individuals into the human resource department.
- Maintained a well-organized reception area; accomplished by organizing files, computer printouts, and correspondence items.
- Resolved customer problems; accurately facilitated phone calls that dealt with customer accounts, submissions, and inquiries.
- Streamlined the ordering process for office supplies; manipulated Excel spreadsheets to automatically order supplies needed by the company.
- Managed the inventory of supplies; verified the accuracy of inventory records in our entire warehouse system.
Activity Director Resume Sample 4
- Identified, researched, purchased, and set up new exercise equipment as requested by the director.
- Effectively represented company at professional conventions; joined the staff on the trade show circuit to promote first client club.
- Defined and built marketing campaign for municipal health club; increased clientele by over 60%.
- Designed, developed, and implemented wellness program for clients; targeted local corporate businesses with initial promotion efforts resulting in an increase in membership.
- Organized school’s Health Fair; introduced physical fitness programs to elementary classes.
Activity Director Resume Sample 5
- Worked with Alzheimer’s patients using The Creative Art Program as a developmental approach to improve memory, cognition, and physical health.
- Advised families on elder law, including nursing home applications and appeals of Medicaid denial denials and decisions.
- Planned inter-generational activities, such as the annual “Family Fun Day” at a local amusement park.
- Wrote and published a charity annual report that contributed over $32,000 in donations to the Alzheimer’s Association through the silent auction at their fundraiser event of 2008.
- Provided home care for hospice patients; organized outings ranging from visits to museums to dinners with family members and friends.
Activity Director Resume Sample 6
- Managed the daily operations of an eight-unit building, which included screening and hiring of full-time staff, interviewing and training volunteers, supervising residents’ schedules for activities, facilitating discharge planning for residents who were being transferred to skilled nursing facilities or other facilities.
- Provided safety training certification to new staff; provided on-going support for team building through on-the-job training.
- Supervised operation of the activity program (furnishing and scheduling activities) from 7 a.m. to midnight daily; facilitated over 3,625 hours of service during a two-month period by sixty paid and forty volunteer staff.
- Established a sexual harassment policy and detailed procedures for reporting incidents of sexual harassment; conducted training sessions for staff on the new policy.
- Inducted and monitored the movement of groups (village, church, and community) to provide services for residents.
Activity Director Resume Sample 7
- Planned and directed 150+ activities, social programs, and outreach events for a 240-student school.
- Directed one annual fundraising campaign to exceed $200,000.
- Directed a faith-based program raising funds to purchase a multi-purpose sports field with playgrounds.
- Managed critical campaigns by 100+ employees through effective communication; developed workforce participation strategies for staff retention and motivation.
- Employed 85+ administrative personnel with positive relationships that achieved annual goals for efficiency, utilization of resources, productivity, and reduced absenteeism.
Activity Director Resume Sample 8
- Coordinated activity schedules and guided child development programs on campus.
- Maintained a positive working environment by instructing, promoting, and motivating all staff to maintain their best performance standards.
- Educated Athletic Trainers on elite athletes and how to develop the best possible training regimen for athletes as they get ready for competition.
- Determine physical therapy needs of patients, run physical therapy group sessions, develop treatment plans with physicians, administer physical therapy treatments in a professional manner and work within budget limitations.
- Designed training programs for all staff members that were arranged around the needs of children.
Activity Director Resume Sample 9
- Facilitated fundraising activities on a yearly basis.
- Coordinated professional development seminars in collaboration with related departments.
- Created, revised, and maintained SIS (Staff Instruction System) for the entire staff.
- Performed administrative and clerical duties with attention to detail; was acknowledged by management for exceptional performance in all assignments.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee by Managers and Supervisor; excelled in the accomplishment of assigned goals.
Activity Director Resume Sample 10
- Directed and supervised all departmental clerical staff and their workload.
- Coached, trained, and equipped employees to form an efficient resource for administrative support.
- Brought in new employees immediately to fill indicated positions without unnecessary loss of time from the original applicants’ resume search lists.
- Directed the day-to-day functions of the department and, at the same time, prepared for potential expansion of all departments by using a comprehensive training program for clerical staff.
- Received a $100 bonus for exceeding the profit goal by $200.
Activity Director Resume Sample 11
- Coordinated and supervised children’s activities, according to age group, on a daily basis.
- Maintained a clean and safe environment in which to play with the children by enforcing rules and regulations while enforcing child participant safety guidelines.
- Developed plans that enabled children to explore their artistic abilities; organized crayons, paints, construction paper, chalk, etc.
- Successfully motivated children to participate in various activities; kept a positive attitude in order to reduce stress on self and others when problems arose.
- Involved me in the lives of 33 children (ages 3–12) for five hours per day; taught that happiness is the key to success.
Activity Director Resume Sample 12
- Led and supervised the activities of an organization’s employees in a variety of areas, including risk management, goal setting, and work environment.
- Accomplished group participation goals by focusing on individual improvement and cooperation.
- Sustained high performance while maintaining a positive attitude while working under intense time constraints.
- Organized the activities of volunteers who contributed to non-profit organizations by developing the most efficient methods to meet goals.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and leadership qualities by motivating employees both personally and professionally.
The educational requirements for this job are an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in gerontology or occupational therapy, and some states require certification. Skills needed are creativity, social skills, communication skills, computer skills, budgeting skills, CPR license, physical strength and leadership.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.