Transportation clerks are responsible for all of the administrative activities dealing with the transportation of goods. Their duties include tracking shipments, supervising loading and unloading procedures, inspecting transported goods, maintaining safety standards, creating transportation schedules, and organizing transportation routes.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Transportation Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Transportation Clerk resumes for your reference.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Worked directly with the senior management and daily personnel to assist them in completing tasks, projects and document files as assigned.
- Maintained accurate and timely records of all company information including telephone calls, letters, faxes, radiotelephone messages, etc., in order to prepare accurate reports of all company activity.
- Maintained a neat workspace; completed computerized reports of employee time and attendance by engraving them into the time clock.
- Allowed others to work in the workplace with no interruptions; completed time cards on time or prior to due date as requested.
- Completed multiple tasks in record time without supervision; recognized for accuracy and reliability.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Handled thousands of documents requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of shipping regulations.
- Accurately compiled, post-marked, and addressed over 600 customer shipments per day.
- Managed company’s eight-city carrier network by using atypical methods to reduce costs by $500,000 annually.
- Achieved cash savings totaling $50,000 by negotiating short-term discounts from vendors on shipping procedures and methods.
- Instrumental in developing overnight courier services for high priority shipments through cooperative efforts with surrounding business neighbors.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Handled a heavy workload at the front desk in a busy office, always performing above and beyond previous job expectations as well as exceeding responsibilities and federal regulations.
- Maintained an efficient filing system for 5 different employees by organizing, storing, retrieving, and filing documents.
- Received recognition from the manager for managing a complex and ever-changing filing system with minimal supervision.
- Constructed scheduling charts for two full-time employees; maintained their performance records on e-mail calendars.
- Effectively drafted memos to facilitate improved relationships between department managers by clearly stating what was needed from them.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Compiled, edited, and proofread the daily activity log for the office before dispatching mail.
- Completed and provided help with company mailings to clients.
- Maintained a filing cabinet for current client information and letters of appreciation.
- Performed a variety of clerical duties, including maintaining employee benefits and preparing payroll weekly.
- Learned how to use the computer system to respond to inquiries from clients regarding accounts or assets.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Redoubled the efficiency of the department’s mailroom by developing a daily checklist system to ensure prompt delivery.
- Evaluated courier services and saved over $2,000 annually by negotiating with couriers and researching alternative transportation modes.
- Trained new employees; established procedures that led to a 22% decrease in overtime pay within the department.
- Won praise from customers; attained 95% satisfaction rating despite competing against other courier services in town with similar rates.
- Reviewed and edited customer service materials to reduce inconsistencies and increase overall efficiencies.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Took on added responsibility by completing duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Provided exceptional customer service to Department Heads and coworkers; worked efficiently under pressure generated by tight deadlines.
- Tallied the number of cars in a department, reconciled the entire fleet, and posted mileage within 10 days.
- Applied superior skill in typing, multi-tasking, filing, and performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Evaluated progress of others’ performance and simultaneously requested additional resources from supervisors to meet goals.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Accomplished important clerical tasks befitting the position of transportation clerk; including, but not limited to, scheduling, reservations, and check-in.
- Scheduled over 500 train and bus trips resulting in an average of 65% completion rate.
- Contacted the Department for Transportation and other transit agencies for approval to establish safety procedures that resulted in avoiding delays of over 8 hours by weather and mechanical cause.
- Coordinated the travel needs of the United States Congress but not without a major disorganization incident when a meeting was scheduled to last five days.
- Resolved major issues by establishing strong working relationships with outside transport services.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Maintained office order and inventory by filing and updating business cards, event cards, and color-coded time sheets.
- Assisted in the preparation of company correspondence by typing or duplicating.
- Processed incoming and outgoing mail from the main post office, sorted through the junk mail on a daily basis, and saved all outgoing mail to be processed in bulk.
- Performed clerical duties as required by supervisor, including data entry.
- Adhered to strict deadlines; demonstrated accurate multi-tasking ability and exceptional attention to detail during seven years of employment.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Successfully closed 70+ freight and passenger accounts in less than 30 days.
- Effectively organized, maintained, filed, and distributed forms, information and documents; responded to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner.
- Assigned and monitored work orders while maintaining a clean office.
- Achieved recognition for producing documentation which met established corporate policies.
- Researched subject matter experts for a variety of topics and provided input for policy development.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Provided support for Transportation Department by managing files, processing documents, and resolving customer problems.
- Coordinated with Regional Dispatch Center to assign drivers to routes and monitor vehicle status.
- Aided Director in planning, organizing, and directing day-to-day transportation activities by providing clerical support and completing work assignments.
- Continued to improve quality of customer service by identifying opportunities for removing problems or concerns during daily interactions with co-workers and clients.
- Accomplished 95% on-time delivery performance despite company’s challenge of a two-year increase in business volume.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Adopted computers, office management, and secretarial skills to facilitate efficiency in the use of the word processing, copying, and mailing machines.
- Evaluated and processed orders placed or maintained by customers.
- Maintained customer accounts; conducted customer service surveys on satisfaction with company’s products and services.
- Accurately filed all government records within 30 days of arrival at destination post-assignment.
- Accomplished a daily reading speed of 1150 words or more; accurately entered information into computers. Cut 5 minutes off the average time required to run payroll, thereby reducing costs by $150 per month.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Typed 60,000 words per week and controlled the daily flow of customers into the office.
- Designated extra cashiers for sale of orders.
- Collected over $100,000 in cash proceeds from sale of merchandise.
- Oversaw multi-area management staff to ensure that all tasks were completed on time in accordance with contracts and procedures.
- Tweaked to maintain appropriate work schedule in attempt to increase productivity and reduce absenteeism among the clerical workers.
Transportation Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Performed all levels within a properly timed and well-organized log book to cut down on a doubling of clerical labor. Bypassed the unnecessary creation of extra work.
- Improved productivity by creating a filing system using standard labels, folders, and specially designed binders.
- Provided exceptional customer service by responding quickly to requests for paper and photocopies. Utilized this method to keep all documents in alphabetical order with priority codes attached throughout the files of each title.
- Processed books quickly so the system was efficient at all times.
- Responded to the needs of customers without making errors.
To work as a transportation clerk, you need to have a high school diploma. Transportation clerks are required to have administrative experience, computer proficiency, strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management skills, communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.