A research analyst examines data from a variety of sources and determines meaningful information to be presented in reports. Duties include developing statistical analysis methods, collecting and coding raw data, analyzing and reporting findings, and presenting research results to others. The top skills for this position are critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, mathematical knowledge, and computer software proficiency. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with statistical analysis experience.
The Best Research Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Research Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Facilitate communication between study investigators, research associates, and coordinating centers.
- Serve as the regulatory liaison at the University of Miami Hospital (UMH) for UHealth System.
- Promote electronic system security for sponsors, principal investigators, and research coordinators to help ensure compliance.
- Interact with the Office of Research Administration (ORA) for protocol contractual and budget opportunities.
- Provided research analysis for Fortune 500 companies; wrote reports to determine the success of products, services, and profits.
- Risk of activity/participation limitation from musculoskeletal condition between those with and without chronic disease.
- Work autonomously and collaboratively with researchers, to define report requirements and validate results.
- Responsible for loading and analyzing large, complex datasets using SAS and SQL.
- Perform exploratory factor and principal component analysis for variable reduction.
- Analyzed test data from three divisions at a large research facility by writing a 300-page report.
- Work with major gift and planned giving officers, across the university, to create and implement effective development strategies.
- Refer identified prospects to the appropriate development officers in a timely manner.
- Deep understanding of the development cycle as it relates to major and planned gifts.
- Authored five patents based on original analytic processes and analysis; patented two of these innovations.
- Analyzed financial records for partners in a limited partnership; prepared financial statements using Excel.
- Participate in update calls with fund managers and visit NY/CT to conduct onsite due diligence.
- Review offering documents quarterly and input notable changes to Crystal’s internal database.
- Create reports for quarterly investor conference calls, investor letters and internal meetings.
- Led a team of analysts as Project Manager, leading them to conduct on-site interviews with survey participants living in remote regions of the world.
- Delivered comprehensive and accurate financial analysis reports on time.
- Managed production schedules, researchers, and led meetings with senior leadership to identify client goals and needs; developed and editing of surveys.
- Responsible for the collection, management, thorough analysis, and interpretation of the research data, from which I would develop presentations tailored to client needs and requirements for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Successfully trained and supervised two research analysts to understand the process, thinking, learn Excel, macros, PowerPoint, and work independently.
- Created detailed documentation of process and initiated revision and best practices of processes to achieve a more efficient and automated process, which led to faster report creation and allowed more time for analysis and recommendations.
- Achieved exemplary performance as a team player; invited to corporate recognition luncheon.
- Verified all of the insurance demographics before entering it to the database to make sure we had the correct person.
- Faxed over request of information to the facilities that declined to give information on the insured due to the HIPAA law.
- Set up callbacks for the next business day for the facilities that requested authorization in order to obtain information on the insured.
- Enhanced client relations and positive relationship with Senior VP of Finance by successfully identifying and explaining financial accounts.
- Technically evaluated, recommended, and implemented new application software for managing complex financial transactions.
- Conduct in-depth research on Commercial Bank prospects including large prospecting lists and individual research profiles.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently as well as high urgency senior management requests ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Contribute to firm-wide data excellence and research initiatives including coordinating with offshore counterparts.
- Developed strategies for the research team to proactively identify new prospective clients across the Middle Market target.
- Helped device and innovative approach for identifying new trends within the Global Market; earned a pay increase for exceptional contribution to company profitability.
- Draft, edit and proofread quantitative and qualitative research reports for client use and litigation purposes.
- Data analysis with focus on distilling insights to inform branding solutions in various areas.
- Recruit study participants for in-person and online forums and interviews.
- Proofread and logic testing of data collection surveys for deployment.
- Analyzed research data to support the development of operational systems, policies, and procedures.
- Conducted topical research on companies in the Energy & Industrials sector, analyzing stock earnings, performance, and growth potential through reading company 10ks, conducting Discounted Cash Flow Analysis, and pitting them against market trends.
- Composed an â€œcurrent affairsâ€ update on the industry and worked on a research memo for investment.
- Received Star Analyst Award for Outstanding Performance as an analyst for the organization.
- Generated new benefits by identifying high potential suppliers and customers.
- Trained to the full complement of knowledge, skills, and abilities possessed by a senior analyst.
- Founding analyst of opportunistic, value oriented fund focused on event-driven and special situation investments across the capital structure of issuers in a variety of industries.
- Interviews with current/former executives, customers, competitors, suppliers, market consultants, and other industry experts.
- Cash flow/earnings power analysis (business model, unit/corporate level economics, exposure to technological change or obsolescence, entry barriers to competitive advantages, a proprietary financial model including key operational metrics, and cash flow build-up).
- Demonstrated a keen knowledge of managing multiple projects simultaneously with limited staff input at all levels within the organization.
- Balanced cost-to-performance ratios of over 20 software applications, databases, and vendors.
- Marketed healthcare and energy policy research to institutional investors.
- Supported Senior Analysts in the tracking and analyzing of regulatory and legislative catalysts impacting the healthcare and energy industry.
- Wrote weekly energy summary recapping our handicaps for distribution to firm-wide client base.
- Excelled in data research; developed algorithms that anticipated trends and patterns of stock market patterns.
- Made accurate predictions for my team; developed a customer forecast algorithm that yielded superior results for assigned accounts.
- Developed custom equity models and analyzed results to produce actionable results.
- Effectively managed multiple client projects, and deadlines, and acted as the first point of contact for both clients and research operations teams.
- Presented exceptional client research to internal regional team.
- Received awards from management for meeting performance objectives; used data research to create facts and figures to influence the decision-making process.
- Maintained efficiency of operations with a strong focus on customer service; worked directly with customers to relate the value of data analyses to the product line in question.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.