A research analyst examines data from a variety of sources and determines meaningful information to be presented in reports. Duties include developing statistical analysis methods, collecting and coding raw data, analyzing and reporting findings, and presenting research results to others. The top skills for this position are critical thinking, problem-solving, communication, mathematical knowledge, and computer software proficiency. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position along with statistical analysis experience.
The Best Research Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Research Analyst resumes for your reference.
- Facilitate communication between study investigators, research associates and coordinating centers.
- Serve as the regulatory liaison at University of Miami Hospital (UMH) for UHealth System.
- Promote electronic system security for sponsors, principal investigators and research coordinators to help ensure compliance.
- Interact with the Office of Research Administration (ORA) for protocol contractual and budget opportunities.
- Risk of activity/participation limitation from musculoskeletal condition between those with and without chronic disease.
- Work autonomously and collaboratively with researchers, to define report requirements and validate results.
- Responsible for loading and analyzing large, complex dataset using SAS and SQL.
- Perform exploratory factor and principal component analysis for variable reduction.
- Work with major gift and planned giving officers, across the university, to create and implement effective development strategies.
- Refer identified prospects to the appropriate development officers in a timely manner.
- Deep understanding of the development cycle as it relates to major and planned gifts.
- Participate in update calls with fund managers and visit NY/CT to conduct onsite due diligence.
- Review offering documents quarterly and input notable changes to Crystal’s internal database.
- Create reports for quarterly investor conference calls, investor letters and internal meetings.
- Managed production schedules, researchers, and led meetings with senior leadership to identify client goals and needs; development and editing of surveys.
- Responsible for the collection, management, thorough analysis and interpretation of the research data, from which I would develop presentations tailored to client needs and requirements for multiple simultaneous projects.
- Successfully trained and supervised two research analysts to understand the process, thinking, learn Excel, macros, PowerPoint, and work independently.
- Created detailed documentation of process and initiated revision and best practices of processes to achieve a more efficient and automated process, which led to faster report creation and allowed more time for analysis and recommendations.
- Verified all of the insure demographics before entering it to the database to make sure we had the correct person.
- Faxed over request of information to the facilities that declined to give information on the insured due to the HIPAA law.
- Set up call backs for the next business day for the facilities that requested an authorization in order to obtain information on the insured.
- Conduct in depth research on Commercial Bank prospects including large prospecting lists and individual research profiles.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently as well as high urgency senior management requests ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Contribute to firm-wide data excellence and research initiatives including coordinating with offshore counterparts.
- Developed strategies for the research team to proactively identify new prospective clients across the Middle Market target.
- Draft, edit, and proofread quantitative and qualitative research reports for client use and litigation purposes.
- Data analysis with focus on distilling insights to inform branding solutions in various areas.
- Recruit study participants for in-person and online forums and interviews.
- Proofread and logic testing of data collection surveys for deployment.
- Conducted topical research on companies in the Energy & Industrials sector, analyzing stock earnings, performance and growth potential through reading company 10ks, conducting Discounted Cash Flow Analysis and pitting them against market trends.
- Composed a â€œcurrent affairsâ€ update on the industry and worked on a research memo for investment.
- Received Star Analyst Award for Outstanding Performance as an analyst for the organization.
- Founding analyst of opportunistic, value oriented fund focused on event-driven and special situation investments across the capital structure of issuers in a variety of industries.
- Interviews with current/former executives, customers, competitors, suppliers, market consultants, and other industry experts.
- Cash flow/earnings power analysis (business model, unit/corporate level economics, exposure to technological change or obsolescence, entry barriers to competitive advantages, proprietary financial model including key operational metrics and cash flow build up).
- Marketed healthcare and energy policy research to institutional investors.
- Supported Senior Analysts in the tracking and analyzing of regulatory and legislative catalysts impacting the healthcare and energy industry.
- Wrote weekly energy summary recapping our handicaps for distribution to firm-wide client base.
- Developed custom equity models and analyzed results to produce actionable results.
- Effectively managed multiple client projects, deadlines, and acted as a the first point of contact for both clients and research operations teams.
- Presented exceptional client research to internal regional team.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.