A Software Project Manager builds software that meets the needs of a client. Duties include meeting with clients, deciding what the client needs, picking a development team, managing the team, providing weekly updates to clients, defining weekly work goals, and managing multiple teams.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Software Project Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Software Project Manager resumes for your reference.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Lead a team of six software engineers to develop an innovative operating system that met all initial project goals.
- Managed a team of twenty software professionals in a high-pressure environment to develop our company’s network operating system.
- Directed staff for the development of client/server application for U.S. Treasury Department and also participated in technical design and documentation.
- Assumed duties as Project Leader for an IBM midrange computer project; completed project on time, on budget, and ahead of schedule with satisfactory customer results.
- Accomplished the following features within IBM’s version of Interactive Data Language (IDL) project: core system design, data management and manipulation, interactive graphics development, and prototype application.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Collaborated with four engineering departments to build a client-server application for internal group communications.
- Identified, planned, and implemented a new reporting framework for the project which was critical to finish on time and within budget.
- Provided technical leadership in the development team. Responded to issues and questions raised by the project managers, programmers, and other customers in support of the project goals.
- Lead a team of seven professionals including two senior developers to produce an application for human resource management system monitoring.
- Certified Java developer by CCSD, Inc.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Trained and mentored junior developers to the point where they were able to independently manage complex software development projects.
- Successfully disclosed limitations of team members and coaches at all levels without compromising professional integrity.
- Led development team through a major software design and coding overhaul in one week to meet deadlines.
- Selected and trained new employees for office tasks, including database development, security consultation, server architecture, and user interface design.
- Initiated a profitable software sales channel for a company by successfully negotiating a 30-percent referral fee for monthly reports to customers.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Managed several enterprise, large-scale, multi-year projects and led cross-functional teams of thirty software developers, quality assurance analysts, business analysts, writers and documentation specialists.
- Commissioned to lead quality control analysis for server products. Analyzed code for compliance with computer industry standards for performance and reliability.
- Motivated cross-functional team to achieve profitability targets by increasing sales results by 200% within one year of participation on the project team.
- Wrote document describing an implementation methodology which was adopted as the standard operating procedure in the division by management. Project team productivity improved by 100% within the first six months of implementation (Project Management Institute, 2004).
- Maintained personal project to organize, implement and evaluate methodology for reducing project development costs by 20%.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Directed and supervised team of engineers, testers, and customer support specialists in the design, development, testing and delivery of an enterprise application.
- Managed project schedule while coordinating with clients and partners to accommodate time-sensitive deadlines.
- Communicated with experts in industry on proposals for additional enhancements.
- Evaluated performance of team members and recommended their improvement based on results achieved.
- Achieved award for customer satisfaction; effectively collaborated with clients to develop a software solution using the requested requirements.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Directed, coordinated, and completed software development for contract pharmaceutical company.
- Researched and analyzed trends in new developments in the field of software development and gauged the implications for their respective clients.
- Formulated goals, approaches, and indirect tactics to achieve maximum efficiency in project schedules.
- Maintained focus during project’s development phases by anticipating risks as they occurred; utilized team strategies to mitigate risk or reduce it to a minimum during critical points of phases.
- Established product definition throughout prototype design through implementation of a successful final release that met all customers’ needs within expected time frames.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Fostered collaborative relationship between customer, sales personnel, and engineers to ensure project goals were met on time and within budget.
- Invented a solution to increase customer satisfaction and maximize customer retention by providing detailed reports via e-mail or fax.
- Generated new project ideas to increase profit margins; developed a process to track results.
- Reduced cycle time and increased sales revenue by 22% through development of new features in the next generation application.
- Tracked status of all projects using an automated project management system; introduced weekly meeting of all employees involved with a specific project as opposed to bi-monthly meetings.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Sarcasticly addressed staff’s concerns and concerns to all levels of management, as well as customer problems to ensure satisfaction with software project.
- Assisted in establishing data server network infrastructure at client site to provide redundant access for multiple users.
- Transformed project scope from general notes and tasks into a finished product, which was then utilized within business.
- Successfully managed multiple tasks at work and home simultaneously; ensured timely completion of projects.
- Overcome technical limitations by understanding the software developer’s need for clear requirements, deadlines, and resources.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed the development of a new version of software to resolve multiple user issues; enhanced program efficiency and improved overall business process.
- Directed the design, development, testing and implementation of an application used to track data for demographic analysis and forecasting.
- Maintained oversight over a test plan encompassing 60,000 lines of code; responsible for reducing errors by 50 percent or more.
- Directed team that developed new features to an existing application used by multiple clients to track data relating to inventory within stores.
- Handled end-to-end project management responsibilities including requests for changes from client and coordinating across multiple sites.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Created a project management system bearing two new projects (one client and one vendor), after implementing new processes from a Project Management Institute book.
- Selected and integrated an architecture, developed user interface, analyzed performance requirements, and designed systems in three days.
- Coordinated four development teams in six months to achieve cost, quality, and deadline standards for significantly more than $2 million in software development; scheduled multiple parallel tracks for the same component to avoid conflicts with one another.
- Restructured project schedules to respond to unexpected changes in customer requirements; implemented contingency plans; initialized all forms of document control verification necessary for delivery within required time frames.
- Directed a team of software technicians who integrated and tested a large, complex, web-based application in less than one day.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Led the entire development team in a full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project from analysis to implementation.
- Mentored other team members to be more than proficient developers; concept-to-completion, realized several enhancements and releases for the new customer interface.
- Provided technical leadership and conducted several successful (beta) trials of the new product utilizing a six week schedule with over two hundred participants.
- Spearheaded an innovative development method that improved workflow efficiency and accuracy by over 85% while reducing cost by 60%.
- Managed the development of several applications to different customer needs and implemented a standardized method of development whereby all projects use the same application, graphic user interface, and terminology.
Software Project Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed and oversaw development of a multi-billion dollar enterprise resource planning system and its associated support applications for over 12 months, in accordance with the schedule project plan.
- Engaged in design, documentation, testing, and implementation of custom developed ERP and support applications.
- Adopted custom development process, procedures, tools, and best practices to ensure quality software creations that met customer’s needs.
- Supported implementation efforts via frequent involvement with customers during project launches thereby enabling implementation success.
- Researched problem-solving techniques used by world-class software programmers to improve software architecture creativity.
Educational requirements are a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in computer science, or a related field, plus 5 years of experience as a project manager. Skills needed include enthusiasm, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, ability to manage the life cycle of a project, ability to use project management software, problem-solving abilities, high energy and flexibility.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.