Diagnostic medical sonographers use ultrasound machines to take x-rays of patients and review any inconsistencies in the image produced. Duties of a diagnostic medical sonographer include taking x-ray images, analyzing x-ray images, maintaining patient records, communicating with physicians, managing schedules, and ordering further testing when necessary.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Diagnostic Medical Sonographer resumes for your reference.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished professional who held the responsibility of a department team leader.
- Annually tested and evaluated medical diagnostic product usage, training, and maintenance protocols.
- Provided qualified device testing and repair solutions including work orders to service technicians for proper system performance.
- Developed effective image protocols for breast, abdominal, and pelvic examination for patients of all ages.
- Managed the equipment of a state-of-the-art ultrasound facility as well as supervised its operation as a department lead.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 2
- Diagnosed, diagnosed, diagnosed, diagnosed.
- Performed hundreds of ultrasound procedures on patients’ breasts, abdomens, buttocks, etc., with both hands and instruments.
- Labelled more than two hundred different-sized gel-tipped tray-like transducers.
- Created the first practice-based Sonography laboratory in Costa Rica.
- Certified to continue Education in American Academy of Ultrasound Surgery (AAUS).
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 3
- In 2001, sonographer for Providence Health System in Portland, Oregon.
- In 2002, diagnostic medical sonographer for Samaritan Hospital in Boise, Idaho.
- In 2003, worked as a mobile diagnostic medical sonographer for Pathways of Idaho Solution Serving Company.
- In 2004–2005 trained in obstetrics and perinatal medicine and in fetal monitoring at the Idaho Regional Fetal Care Center and the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis.
- Starting in 2006, started training to be a full-time Certified Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (CMS) at the University of Nevada School of Medicine (UNSM).
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 4
- Performed body scans and bloodwork on over 200 patients, from babies to geriatric adults.
- Educated physicians in both diagnosis and treatment of patients with chronic disorders.
- Identified abnormalities, from skin lesions to mental disorders, from ear drums to liver tumors.
- Demonstrated excellent clinical skills while training our medical student associates in the art of diagnostic sonography.
- Helped save a mother’s life by accurately predicting a high-pitched bowel obstruction that resulted in colon surgery while the patient was being transported by ambulance to the hospital.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 5
- Interfaced patient and doctor needs with hospital-grade ultrasound equipment, nursing staff, electronic health records systems, and information technology to create diagnostic images for over 300 patients in over thirty procedures.
- Aided in planning and executing a five-hospital patient transportation program by operating the ground vehicle to shuttle between clinics.
- Executed image acquisition protocols to detect tissue abnormalities for patients with liver disorders, gallbladder problems, kidney disease, bladder cancer, uterine growths, breast masses, vascular diseases, sexually transmitted infections (STI), genetic disorders (e.g., cystic fibrosis), HIV/AIDS susceptibility testing.
- Forecasted hospital payments, product needs, and staffing increase via communication with insurers to ensure patient satisfaction and hospital revenue.
- Supervised diagnostic imaging department staff to implement service efficiency enhancements to reduce patient imaging wait time by 20% in six months.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 6
- Largely responsible for documenting and interpreting the human body’s unique physiology in each scan.
- Developed safety precautions to minimize radiation exposure to patients, staff, and visitors.
- Earned NASA certification in Radiation Safety, Medical, and GASP (GPS) for Aerospace Medicine Professional.
- Presently managing twelve private sonography practices.
- Managed multiple RUSH Department efforts, including deliveries, to increase profits for the hospital.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 7
- Provided patients with detailed information on organ and tissue function, and biochemical pathways of the body utilizing three imaging systems.
- Exhibited technical proficiency by identifying abnormalities in 250 patient sonograms over eight years.
- Independently introduced new ultrasound techniques and ideas at yearly meetings and quarterly workshops.
- Advocated for medical research to prevent maternal mortality, which resulted in a substantial reduction of infant mortality rates due to birth abnormalities.
- Achieved 100% nearness measurement agreement with colleagues across ten hospitals after calibrating equipment according to best practices.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 8
- Trained to a degree in sonography, ultrasound, and obstetrics.
- Diagnosed numerous pregnancy conditions, photographed fetal development in utero, and performed numerous sonograms using ultrasound equipment.
- Performed hundreds of routine pregnancy ultrasounds with excellent results in providing medical records for couples in need of prenatal care.
- Met qualifications required to become a Certified Medical Sonographer through continuous personal study and testing.
- Proven skills in providing quality care by successfully meeting credentialing-related benchmarks during sixteen years of experience as a diagnostic medical sonographer with excellent results in providing medical records for couples in need of prenatal care.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 9
- Diagnosed and treated over 600 patients with mechanical probes by 6 years of training.
- Performed, prepared, and maintained equipment for different diagnostic machines in order to conduct ultrasound imaging for difficult-to-find conditions.
- Provided non-invasive prenatal care for 400 women at clinics across eleven nations.
- Operated specialized mobile ultrasound equipment in remote areas of Africa through humanitarian missions that diagnosed, treated, and provided patient education at clinics for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Performed over 1,000 ultrasounds, ranging from 2-D to 3-D images, for women’s health and medical care in hospitals and clinics across eleven nations.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 10
- Managed ultrasound department, including medical imaging equipment, technicians, and procedures for over two years.
- Performed high-level diagnostics on 60% of all patients in the department with both television-viewing scenarios and with ultrasound image acquisition.
- Administered procedures to 80% of patients using ultrasound guidance for placement of IV catheters, Foley catheter, central line access ports, endotracheal tubes, intubation tubes, IVs…
- Taught 3 assistants how to operate ultrasound devices and deal with medical equipment problems for two months.
- Recognized new equipment needs within the department and coordinated purchases of new equipment, adjusting finances to allow for the generous facility.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 11
- Trained at 100% completion, with maximum points earned for ultrasound image interpretation, the advanced high school level course on human anatomy and physiology (200-hour program).
- Conducted research at 75% completion of undergraduate level on fetal development.
- Instructed 100% completion of ultrasound imaging class to medical assistant students.
- Developed unique new methods for imaging training.
- Felt joy in the creative process after new techniques were developed through creative problem-solving.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 12
- Enhanced skill level at work, educating clients on preventative health care, and personal wellness.
- Created educational audio-visual documents for clients, including slide shows, videos, and web addresses.
- Trained medical assistants to become sonographers.
- Filled in as “temporary substitute” for the medically retired sonographer.
- Collected medical history/testimony from older patients for legal support in court cases.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 13
- Received a Bachelor of Science degree in Sonography from the University of Virginia.
- Performed 1,000 procedures, diagnosed over 60 types of diseases, and saved the lives of over 4,000 people by giving them a better understanding of their condition.
- Taught over 1,500 sonographers to improve their skills.
- Fostered individual physical and mental health by conducting research on chiropractic care and spinal manipulation techniques.
- Helped diagnose over 50 types of cancer by using sonography as a diagnostic technique.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 14
- Successfully performed diagnostic ultrasound scans on hundreds of patients, providing cross-sectional views for physician diagnosis.
- Successfully conducted research on new approaches for improving ultrasound images, specifically the effects of lighting conditions.
- Quoted by physicians in a magazine article about the recently discovered procedure used to reduce aneurysm risk during the diagnostic scan.
- Collaborated with Doppler technicians on experimental mammography system resulting in an increase in patient x-ray efficiency.
- Used creative problem solving to successfully manage the transfer of thousands of images from an analog system to a digital format.
To work as a diagnostic medical sonographer, you must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in fields related to health science or medical sonography with certification from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Diagnostic medical sonographers must demonstrate skills in communication, organization, attentiveness, empathy, independence, problem-solving, and decision-making.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Samples
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 1
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 2
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 3
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 4
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 5
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 6
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 7
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 8
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 9
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 10
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 11
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 12
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 13
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up