Speech Therapists help assess and treat patients with disorders related to speech and swallowing. Their duties involve evaluating the patient’s condition, proposing treatment options, testing potential solutions, coordinating with the family and other medical professionals, evaluating patient progress, and counseling individuals with speech issues.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Speech Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Speech Therapist resumes for your reference.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Worked with children who exhibited language and speech disorders to improve their communication skills.
- Prepared audiotapes of speeches for post-operative patients.
- Assisted in the analysis, diagnosis, and treatment of swallowing disorders; developed feeding schedules that were implemented by other therapists at the regional center.
- Implemented therapeutic plan to facilitate acquisition of auditory discrimination skills; significantly aided listener’s ability to discriminate between similar sounds in words.
- Assessed physical conditions causing hearing loss; incorporated tests into treatment plan if necessary; educated family members on care for patients’ devices (hearing aids).
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Cured chronic stuttering of patient who had not been able to speak for years; patient was emotionally relieved and forever grateful.
- Administered treatment plans with high success rates, and worked with patients and their families to develop coping skills.
- Devised an innovative approach toward re-learning language skills through bilingual therapy, which became standard practice at the clinic.
- Received top honors in statewide speech contest for resolving a case of severe stuttering in just two weeks’ time as compared to five months as per previous therapists.
- Developed rapport quickly with children by recognizing individual needs, learning styles, and ways of understanding; earned appreciation from and staff members alike.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Promoted healing to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder through the use of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) techniques.
- Presented education seminars on speech development and language to other therapists in order to promote excellence throughout the department.
- Diagnosed, documented, and treated patients using basic vocal exercises, developing prosody skills, augmentative communication systems, and auditory training strategies.
- Diagnosed misarticulations and developed appropriate voice therapy programs for seven students at a school for speech disorders.
- Trained five new therapists in the application of evidence-based practice methods through direct observation and use of audio recordings during therapy sessions.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Developed and implemented, with support of the Head Speech Therapist, speech-language program using materials for children 6 months to 6 years old.
- Collaborated with teachers to incorporate expanded repertoires in both receptive language and expressive language skills through activities such as storytelling, group games, puppets, board games.
- Designed collection of over 100 books for young children; worked in close partnership with the Developmental Literacy Specialist.
- Facilitated functional communication play groups in order to improve prelinguistic markers (gestures) by teaching parents functional game play strategies.
- Trained family members on home play therapy techniques including use of toys designed to promote oral motor development during the pre-speech period.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Provided appropriate therapy to patients, including bedside work and helping patients take their medications.
- Successfully managed a caseload of multiple disabilities and provided services in Spanish to meet all patient needs.
- Prepared treatment plans in collaboration with physicians, nurses, social workers, and rehabilitation counselors.
- Developed a friendship with a developmentally delayed child by teaching his mother how to facilitate communication skills at home through signing.
- Discovered the benefits of sign language when communicating with non-verbal autistic children during play therapy sessions.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Provided therapy to adults and children who had trouble communicating due to developmental, physical, neurological disabilities.
- Worked as a speech therapist for people with autism; helped children learn everyday conversation skills.
- Contributed to the field by developing methods of teaching language arts to individuals with learning disabilities.
- Spoke before groups of parents and professionals about using technology in treating clients with communication disorders (iPad apps).
- Educated school personnel about effective practices in working with students who have autism spectrum disorder.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Supported children with developmental delays, social skills deficits, and autism spectrum disorders.
- Provided speech, language, and feeding evaluations to infants, toddlers, preschoolers, children and adolescents to evaluate development of communication skills.
- Developed an individualized plan for each child that targeted their specific needs in order to improve their level of functioning.
- Maintained treatment records by providing written documentation about the client’s progress through case notes.
- Diagnosed apraxia of speech problems based on testing 15 month old toddler at local university clinic using non-test materials as stimulus.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Facilitated the learning of children with language and articulation disabilities by developing functional language abilities.
- Provided speech therapy services to patients during their hospital stay, created materials, and conducted patient assessments.
- Developed a cognitive assessment for pre-school age children, conducted research on language and literacy development for preschool and elementary school children.
- Designed treatment programs that facilitated growth in communication skills of stroke victims participating in therapy sessions.
- Completed over 100 hours of volunteer service at an after-school program to assist low income families with homework completion; recognized by the Vice President as Outstanding Volunteer.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Contributed to the success of a coordinated school-community program involving special education, law enforcement, and mental health services through parent meetings and training sessions.
- Supported individuals as they addressed specific concerns such as communication barriers by developing personal treatment plans.
- Provided language therapy for children from diverse backgrounds at schools during lunch breaks to encourage fluency in English.
- Pitched in with a team of educational specialists to facilitate a fun learning environment for children with disabilities at a residential camp.
- Delivered effective therapeutic techniques for older adults suffering from cognitive impairment after being selected as one of three finalists for student research award.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 10
- Ensure the development of developmentally appropriate skills by implementing individualized goals to meet specific treatment objectives.
- Implement therapeutic programs designed to help clients achieve optimal levels of independence, including cognitive and language skills; adaptive; social; vocational; and/or independent living skills.
- Collaborate with faculty, instructors, or staff for other educational disciplines to promote positive outcomes for disadvanted students in academics areas.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of professional behavior including providing effective therapy services, keeping abreast of new developments within the field, providing leadership within the field, and maintaining licensure requirements.
- Assist four speech-language pathology doctoral students with their master’s theses.
Speech Therapist Resume Sample 11
- Identified and treated articulation disorders in preschool age children.
- Addressed the concerns of parents, caregivers, and educators by providing advice on acquiring oral-motor skill development.
- Worked with a team of professionals to develop a new program for patients with superior language comprehension abilities.
- Provided family therapy sessions to assist families in developing positive communication skills through play interactions.
- Improving cognitive activity through songs, stories, games and activities that improve memory skills.
To become a Speech Therapist, you are required to have a bachelor’s degree in speech therapy or a related field and complete the CCC-SLP certification. Speech Therapists must demonstrate a strong understanding of speech disorders, be compassionate, show empathy, have research skills, build relationships well, show patience, and have good listening skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.