An Engineering technician develops and tests solutions to solve technical problems. Their duties include assisting engineers and scientists, creating solutions.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Engineering Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Engineering Technician resumes for your reference.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 1
- Designed, built, tested, and modified test fixtures for accurate measurements of new equipment.
- Supervised the assembly of over 100 pieces of testing equipment; oversaw the design process which reduced the amount of time needed to assemble new equipment by 40%.
- Promoted to Engineering Technician after completing a 3-month training program on computer systems and CADD programs.
- Installed two water meters in just under an hour with minimal direction using innovative techniques that saved time, money, and resources.
- Researched and designed a new testing device that allows technicians to complete their tasks with increased accuracy.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 2
- Performed electrical alignment engineering tests on various equipment, including electro-optical telescopes.
- Researched and designed automated laboratory testing procedures for medical research analysis software to optimize accuracy, maintainability, and expandability.
- Appraised environmental performance of buildings according to LEED guidelines; enabled ability to meet domestic energy code by analyzing facility’s systems using computational fluid dynamics simulation.
- Aided design process of a $30M biofuels project with an innovative water treatment system that stimulates growth within the algae as well as oil production.
- Developed high-quality presentation materials used in technical presentations outlining projects’ scope, needs, and potentials for executive decision making and funding.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 3
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer aided design programs to create detailed engineering blueprints for research, development, and production.
- Maintained all necessary records including material quantities, costs, labor hours, etc. in preparation for the development of new products.
- Reduced expenses by outsourcing work to experts in India while maintaining high standards for quality control during final product testing.
- Recognized for years of job performance by acceptance into the Engineering Society; appointed Vice President of development projects that captured over $200 million in sales.
- Modified systems and procedures (i.e., revised process times) to manufacture products more efficiently; increased efficiency by 300% within first six months on job – save over $100,000 annually.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 4
- Set up production equipment and machine tools to optimize initial testing of new products.
- Conceived and designed three major tests for determining the structural integrity of a large light-weight steel bridge girder; attained high positive results after final test.
- Effectively used computers and software programs in completing production drawings, 3D solid modeling, and dimensional tolerance analysis reports.
- Tracked raw material procurement and delivery during all processing stages of fabrication process; effectively prepared documentation required throughout project life cycle.
- Streamlined manufacturing processes by reducing man hours on four separate occasions while increasing productivity each time.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 5
- Performed assigned tasks for the support and repair of equipment and systems.
- Achieved departmental award as technician of the month; received commendation from superior for quick resolution of technical problem involving complex hardware issues with software applications.
- Maintained independently a fully functional computer network system, including installation and maintenance of related software programs, such as e-mail, word processing, faxing, networking solutions and internet access.
- Researched new idea relating to automated diagram generation using UML modeling tool.
- Assembled components for hydraulic circuit board replacement on production line; maintained 75% efficiency rating or higher for this task during last quarter.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 6
- Operated and maintained equipment used in the testing of ultrasonic thickness gauges for inspection of metal & plastic parts.
- Monitored work groups to ensure that all items or matters under study are either accepted or rejected according to standards set by management.
- Certified as a Senior Engineer Technician after three years, one month devoted service at company.
- Participated in extensive research effort using state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation, which was instrumental in paving the way for design changes leading to new product lines.
- Earned outstanding performance award during first year of employment through adherence to conflict resolution strategies, aggressive labor negotiations with manufacturing unions, and safety guidelines review with staff engineers.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 7
- Provided electrical maintenance for automated manufacturing facility, including troubleshooting and repair of sensors, expander gearboxes, drive motors, relays, motor controls, and PLCs.
- Troubleshooted hydraulic systems for conveyors in a candy factory; reduce costs by employing substitute pumps.
- Modified powered forklift to improve access to restricted areas around heated burners in an industrial oven shop; reduced costs by 20%.
- Notified management of short-circuit fault while monitoring the status of the company’s power grid remotely during a blackout; prevented damage caused by fire or explosion that could have resulted from overloading of transformer banks.
- Restored electricity at home after a power outage by installing a new circuit breaker in the main electrical panel; prevented fire or electrocution from occurring.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 8
- Assisted in the location of water main breaks utilizing electronic submersible equipment.
- Developed a hydraulic program to simulate live load conditions on bridge girders.
- Prepared documentation for coordination with local utilities during design/build projects.
- Resolved multiple power line conflicts using advanced computerized mapping software.
- Organized and executed annual safety meetings, programs, pre-job briefings, and weekly safety inspections for site personnel; no employee injuries or accidents reported on my watch .
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 9
- Worked on a team of designing and building both the first and second largest solar powered plant in the US.
- Oversaw installation of 9,000 pieces of equipment including motors, pumps, control devices, solenoids, and power conditioning equipment; worked directly with 20 subcontractors as well as company personnel to install entire system within 10 months.
- Installed over 60 miles of pipeline consisting of 4-inch steel pipe for a mining project where I was also responsible for preloading each segment before weld testing. Assembled all testing equipment required to test pipe after it was installed.
- Engineered controls system utilizing extensive knowledge of relay logic circuits with electrician co-workers to create a safe and efficient means of controlling equipment.
- Developed electrical systems design program; increased production by 31% and decreased man-hours by 23%.
Engineering Technician Resume Sample 10
- Worked in the engineering department for a private company.
- Designed and built road structures that are durable, safe, and well-functioning.
- Provided valuable contributions to prevent bridge collapses by identifying design flaws prior to construction. Restructured designs to comply with safety standards.
- Improved roadway capacity by applying mathematical computations concerning traffic flow quality along public roads during peak hours of travel; performed satisfactorily while working at night.
- Contributed to the design development of foundations, utility lines, highway pavements, storm sewers, drainage systems, fence lines; solved problems rapidly by performing calculations.
Preparing and conducting experiments, running tests and collecting data, and programming and conducting computer simulations to test designs virtually. To work as an engineering Technician, you need an associate’s degree in engineering technology or other relevant fields, along with relevant certification. An engineering Technician must have a firm knowledge of engineering technology and practices, willingness to learn, a strong work ethic, be a team player, have collaboration skills, be self-motivated, and have strong interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.