A university professor works for a higher education institution and takes part in research, teaching and other academic tasks as required. Their duties include writing and publishing research papers, crafting academic curriculum, conducting classes, attending conferences, mentoring students, taking part in faculty meetings, reviewing teaching methods, making improvement recommendations and training assistant teaching staff.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best University Professor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real University Professor resumes for your reference.
University Professor Resume Sample 1
- Developed effective curriculum for Business Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Published article in scholarly journal for Management Information Systems.
- Presented paper at conference on E-Commerce and Entrepreneurship.
- Wrote book on Business Management, marketed through Barnes and Noble, Borders, Costco, Amazon.com and directly to end-users.
- Achieved top position as an instructor by increasing student enrollment by 400%.
University Professor Resume Sample 2
- Served as lecturer and head of department, a large, complex program at the undergraduate level, which requires a mastery of liberal arts with specialization in accounting.
- Taught over two hundred students covering all subject areas with excellent results.
- Published nine scholarly articles pertaining to social and political principles of intellectual property.
- Served as faculty advisor for the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the Campus Activities Board, acting chair of the Department of Economics Advisory Committee and The Moot Court Board.
- Served as faculty member in the MBA program, providing training in legal principles of business as they apply to international commerce.
University Professor Resume Sample 3
- Adjunct Professor at University: taught classes in writing, literature, art, religion, and philosophy.
- Adjunct Professor at University of Applied Science: directed therapeutic recreation programs for students on the autism spectrum.
- Adjunct Professor at University of Phoenix College of Health Careers: taught classes in human development and physical education.
- Church Minister/Teacher/Camp Counselor (Two different churches): led a special needs ministry as a dual role; taught children and adults with physical disabilities; conducted Bible study; led youth camp with special needs focus.
- Director at Escuela Nueva Pentecostal Christian School: directed and taught English; prepared students for entrance into post-secondary education.
University Professor Resume Sample 4
- Authored three books and awarded Best Seller with the first e-book published through Amazon in its category.
- Guided five PhD candidates in defending their dissertations; presented two of their dissertations on my behalf at the University.
- Awarded Best Professor by students who participated in my Beginning Italian and French 101 undergraduate courses.
- Received award for teaching excellence based upon student evaluation results (2010).
- Earned Presidential Outstanding Teaching Award (2010); achieved certification to teach four courses through Masters Degree program (2011).
University Professor Resume Sample 5
- Overcame the language barrier by teaching English as a second language for international students attending Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
- Developed the foundation for a Korean martial arts refereeing association; formed the first executive board from scratch and participated in the inaugural referee training program.
- Integrated specialty grammar, spelling, vocabulary, speaking, reading and listening skills into an effective teaching methodology.
- Published one book on martial arts instruction and personal development; widely distributed in thirteen different countries.
- Assigned full credit to student researchers for their work on joint research project; mentored students to develop teamwork and critical thinking skills.
University Professor Resume Sample 6
- Received Doctorate of Philosophy during ten years of graduate studies, accomplished through publications and presentations of original empirical research.
- Received university teaching award as Master’s student for excellence in teaching undergraduate students introductory, intermediate, and laboratory courses in anatomy.
- Led School-wide initiative to maximize classroom participation by students with disabilities; presented findings of study as National Delegate to National Disability Association Conference.
- Authored “Future” column for international, peer-reviewed publication (combined total readership 3 million) that summarized recent advances in projects related to improving pedagogy and reducing learning barriers for all individuals; published over fifty columns.
- Proposed new approach to cognitive neurobiology (mind-body connection) during year of research at national laboratory; scientifically evaluated potential in discipline and related fields.
University Professor Resume Sample 7
- Served as a teaching assistant and provided academic support for graduate students.
- Assisted in the development of new graduate courses at university.
- Independently conducted special research projects on topics related to behavioral health, including its antecedents, prevention, and treatment.
- Advanced in rank by competing in national collegiate championships.
- Achieved outstanding teacher rating; provided consistently high-quality courses and mentoring activities for student athletes during four years of coaching.
University Professor Resume Sample 8
- Imparted critical thinking and information retention skills to students; contributed to a dramatic increase in academic performance as measured by a significant decline in the percentage of students failing introductory courses.
- Progressed research projects for 53 undergraduate and graduate scholars along lines of inquiry that would assist them in identifying their career interests and developing strategic plans for future doctoral study or other higher education disciplines.
- Assisted 27 Ph.D. candidates with dissertation topics, formation, and preparation; oversaw the completion of six dissertations that were published as books; assisted four post-doctoral researchers with start-up grants.
- Helped initiate and support a research program that focuses on the psychological and clinical implications of drug abuse in individuals with chronic mental illness.
- Recruited and introduced 27 doctoral students from the United States and Canada to a culture of research and academic achievement in Canada.
University Professor Resume Sample 9
- Educated and inspired over 100 students in the martial arts; lectured on mind, body, and spiritual health.
- Developed curriculum for the human growth and development class; earned achievement award for the most outstanding research.
- Collaborated with faculty and student leadership to improve the physical infrastructure of campus; designed a multi-million dollar renovation budget to be financed by state grants.
- Facilitated faculty meetings in order to effectively communicate departments’ needs and concerns; addressed issues pertaining to departmental direction, funding, research opportunities, curricular changes, etc.
- Wrote and presented articles published in several national martial arts magazines.
University Professor Resume Sample 10
- Handled the administration of a diverse curriculum, taught numerous courses, and developed an independent study course.
- Wrote six textbooks during grade school through graduate school.
- Co-authored two research studies which were published in scientific journals; two of the studies received awards from the university.
- Collectively authored or co-authored roughly 15 research studies including one peer-reviewed textbook which was cited as a leading authority in its field for over thirty years.
- Published four articles in scholarly journals including three peer-reviewed articles which received awards from their respective journals; received award for Excellence for Teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
University Professor Resume Sample 11
- Established myself as an international educator to participate in international symposiums and conferences on education, student development and teacher performance.
- Realized a strong emphasis on the discipline of learning, eliminating the phenomenon of “he or she knows”; continuous research on the latest developments in learning theories.
- Continued my involvement at the next level by participating in two national conferences for university professors; presented a paper which projected me as an authority in theory and practice.
- Published four articles which enhanced my reputation as a leading educator with my professional colleagues in education.
- Developed techniques to increase student motivation by facilitating team work and cooperation among students.
To become a university professor you must have a Ph.D. in the relevant subject of teaching. A university professor must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, mentoring expertise, presentation skills, time management ability, emotional intelligence, discipline and research skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.