Cocktail Waitresses are responsible for providing excellent customer service in a bar or club setting. They provide both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to customers, including food items that may be ordered up by waiters. Skills helpful in this position include alcohol sales, good interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, social perceptiveness, active listening skills, and speaking skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position, but the bartending experience can be helpful.
The Best Cocktail Waitress Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cocktail Waitress resumes for your reference.
- Provided world-class customer service as a cocktail waitress by greeting people with a smile and making them feel welcome.
- Enhanced overall dining experience for customers by presenting delicious food and beverages, maintained an active awareness of products and services.
- Sold $8,000 worth of dessert wine during four months; recognized by restaurant manager for outstanding performance.
- Profited $1,400 through generous tips in two weeks; named employee of the month by guests and co-workers alike.
- Developed professional rapport with management staff while promoting positive relationships with co-workers; aided promotion to the waiter.
- Quickly and accurately process customer orders; recognized by management for friendly, upbeat attitude.
- Achieved perfect score on first aid test during the training process.
- Trained new hires on the company’s beverage specialties and made recommendations of food items to accompany drinks.
- Instructed new hires on cleanliness standards to ensure restaurant met health code regulations at all times.
- Accepted a new position as Head Waitress after demonstrating superior customer service, leadership skills, and management potential.
- Prepared and served alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to customers quickly with a sincere smile; received positive feedback from regular customers.
- Oversaw all aspects of the bar including, inventory control, cash management, and service standards for bartenders and servers.
- Promoted to the server following a recommendation by General Manager; praised for strong work ethic and friendly relationship with guests.
- Planned beverage menus with Executive Chef based on seasonally available ingredients creating innovative flavor combinations.
- Recognized as an ideal employee after receiving customer appreciation month awards four years in a row.
- Diligently created and introduced new cocktails to restaurant repertoire following creative inspiration and seasonal ingredients.
- Expanded restaurant’s presence as a tourist destination through hosting special events such as wine dinners, private parties, and fundraisers.
- Achieved the highest percentage of billings among waitress staff; recognized by General Manager for exemplary work ethic.
- Earned three weeks paid vacation after working for four years at a restaurant.
- Presented with Outstanding Employee Award; responsible for 25% increase in bar revenue due to creative drink menu and recommendations. NEXT
- Made over thirty cocktails in less than two minutes during a busy Friday night shift.
- Mastered the art of cocktail mixing after only three months on the job.
- Impressively managed an average of four tables at any given time while maintaining a clean and friendly environment for customers.
- Poured a perfect pina colada every time in under ten seconds, which significantly increased tip averages in addition to customer satisfaction.
- Worked well with others to ensure the smooth running of each workday; safely carried trays weighing up to five pounds while staying fully aware of surroundings.
- Promptly, efficiently worked responsible station during 8 hours of continuous service.
- Diligently maintained bar area and stock room to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Adeptly served over 80 different types of drinks to provide a pleasant environment for customers.
- Attentively responded to service needs with a cheerful personality; recognized by supervisors for outstanding performance.
- Earned generous tips (average $200 daily) through excellent rapport-building skills; tipped out at over 20%.
- Ability to work independently through the use of multitasking and strong attention to detail.
- Consistently sell between $1500-2500 per shift which ranks top sales.
- Communicated efficiently with patrons and ensure stellar customer service.
- Worked with other servers to ensure all guests both in the bar and dining room received an exceptional dining experience.
- Maintained cleanliness of station and tables in assigned section as well as a restaurant.
- Trained new cocktail servers with restaurant procedures and ensured new trainees were knowledgeable of menu and drink items.
- Up-selling Bottles every weekend to our celebrities and very important patrons.
- By staying as energetic and upbeat as my guests I built a clientele list and repeated business.
- I became one of the venue’s top producers selling an average of 10,000 dollars a night to 30,000+ dollars on a few tables of big spenders.
- Cocktailing, constantly upselling, and insuring happiness for the in and out skier.
- My sales typically ranged from $900-$1300 in a typical five-hour shift ( Winter season).
- Worked as a banquet server for events and weddings ranging from 100-400 people (Summer season).
- Assure that the customer receives a full “Las Vegas” experience by suggesting restaurants, shows, and entertainment.
- Have maintained at all times an exemplary record following guidelines and rules set out by management.
- Was awarded back-to-back bonuses through the “Secret Shopper” which is based on customer service, workability, work ethic, attitude, and positive energy.
- Appropriately suggested additional items to customers to increase restaurant sales.
- Maintained knowledge of current menu items, garnishes, ingredients, and preparation methods.
- Provides each customer with a memorable experience, resulting in reoccurring business.
- Trains and supervises new staff to ensure quality customer service is provided.
- Assists other members of the team, while multitasking and meeting the needs of their customers.
- Maintained table appearance by pre-bussing, checked drink levels, removed clutter, and provided sufficient napkins.
- Suggestively up-sold beverage and food items to guests.
- Focused on exercising communication skills with close attention to detail while serving clients according to company standards.
- Demonstrated the ability to quickly learn and complete new tasks based on ever-changing sets of needs.
- Provided an environment for clear and positive communication between clients and co-workers.
- Provide the utmost professional care for guests as well as get to know them for frequent visits.
- Work with a group of servers that all take part in working as a team to keep the restaurant clean and organized.
- Report to manager giving updates on guests’ tables and their overall experience by getting feedback.
- Ability to check food quality and presentation before food is presented to guests.
- Ability to create good customer relations and keep coworkers motivated.
- Great appearance, politeness, friendly nature, exemplary customer care skills.
- Understanding the shorthand used to submit an order to the kitchen staff.
- Service preparation, handling money, safety oversight: monitoring customers in the interest of safety.
- Ensure positive customer service, multi-tasking with guests, and work responsibilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. To make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.