Physician assistants work as part of a healthcare team to provide treatment to patients. Duties include performing physical exams, administering medication, ordering laboratory tests and X-rays, monitoring patient progress, and providing treatment recommendations. The top skills for this position are communication skills, medical knowledge, customer service capabilities, professionalism, organization skills, and clinical proficiency. A master’s degree is required for this position along with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
The Best Physician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Physician resumes for your reference.
- Greet patients and take personal histories, perform examinations, order laboratory tests, x-rays, and other diagnostic procedures.
- Analyzed patients’ mental abilities and examined medical reports to establish treatment and achievable rehabilitation objectives.
- Analyzed patients’ work and living environment to determine changes to improve their capabilities and quality of life.
- Examined patient’s medical history, allergies, and examination results to determine operation’s viability and best procedure.
- Demonstrated a high level of compassion, dedication, and professionalism while caring for over 5000 patients in a rural community for the benefit of a local hospital.
- Traveled with a Physician’s Assistant to several other facilities to provide quality care to referred patients.
- Worked in front of the office opening new patient charts, scheduling patient appointments, called to confirm appointments.
- Assisted with daily procedures such as venipuncture, lupron and testosterone injections, Urgent PC, uroflow, uroCuff, bladder ultrasound, collect urine specimens for urinalysis.
- Qualified for medical licensure by testing skills and knowledge as required by state Law on Human Physiology (applied to leading an interdisciplinary clinical team).
- Established an updated computerized medical record system that optimized patient flow and streamlined access to records.
- Effectively diagnosed and treated a variety of diseases and injuries in a general practice setting.
- Created and maintained patient health plans concerning the control and management of chronic illness.
- Employed promotion, prevention, and sexual education techniques across all levels of care.
- Achieved award for the highest Attending Physician rating and doctor’s best friend award; successfully coordinated care of cases from a referral from other physicians, staff, or faculty.
- Prayerfully and professionally determined a patient’s medical illness and prescribed appropriate treatment.
- Compounding of chemotherapy using Phaseal, and Equashield systems, and all other IV preparations following 797 cleanroom protocol.
- Processing of physician orders and profile management using Cerner and Opus systems.
- Dosing of all chemotherapy including carboplatin. Close monitoring of lab values and disease state.
- Chart review for every patient with nursing and physicians to evaluate the patient’s condition, therapy, and premeditation requirements.
- Provided physical therapy and exercises to patients with chronic or acute injuries.
- Rapidly assessed whether life-threatening criteria were present and took immediate action.
- Examined up to 30 patients per day with various medical instruments and equipment.
- Discussed various treatment options extensively with patients and families.
- Thoroughly assessed patients to determine medical condition and level of surgical risk.
- Performed required surgical procedures, including amputations, to restore bodily functions.
- Proficient with managing acute care patients in various settings in the ED including Trauma, Main ED, and Fast Track areas.
- Performed diverse ED procedures including suturing, I&D, lumbar punctures, intubations, central lines, and wound care.
- Experienced in reading/interpreting x-rays, and performing/interpreting bedside ultrasounds.
- Consulted various specialty physicians, and worked in collaboration with attending physicians, nursing staff, and ancillary staff.
- Assisted in the birth of newborns; ensured the health of mother and infant throughout labor.
- Responsible for building relationships with physicians and other health care leaders within a defined territory to achieve referral growth.
- Develop new client referrals, maintain existing referrals and develop long-term relationships with the current and prospective referral sources.
- Conduct education in-services to promote clinic services and benefits to their patients.
- Track and log weekly call reports, the beginning of the monthly forecast reports, and end-of-month referral retention reports.
- Adhered to professional standards through continued education by attending lectures, seminars, conferences, and workshops to enhance knowledge in various areas of medicine.
- Clinical provider of diabetes care for Type I, Type II, and gestational diabetes patients.
- Ensure that patients know the specifics of the disease and how to manage symptoms.
- Work with a team including nutritionists, nurses, laboratory technicians, and administrative personnel.
- Demonstrated, through hands-on clinical patient contacts, appropriate care to patients with and without insurance. Displayed a high level of customer/patient loyalty and demonstrated an ability to establish ongoing relationships.
- Demonstrated both interpersonal and organizational skills while performing medical procedures.
- Managed patients with chronic conditions like hyperlipidemia, diabetes, hypertension, muscular pain, psoriasis, and patients on anticoagulant therapy.
- Performed annual physicals for both adults and well-child examinations.
- Carried out annual well-woman exams including Pap smear and breast examinations.
- Issued prescriptions for pain management in a timely manner; effectively communicated with patients, staff, and physicians in charge of the visiting area.
- Provided medication from a prescribed written protocol to over 200 patients weekly with 100% compliance.
- I practice a full scope of primary care duties involving the care of both acute and chronic problems.
- I emphasize preventative care and the use of exercise and diet to manage medical issues.
- I am also the owner and manager of the practice and manage the full scope of business as well as human resource issues involved in medical practice.
- Developed active interest in community activities through participation in numerous local community events.
- Provided over 6,000 hours of medical care to patients throughout the United States, including primary doctors’ care, skills courses, and seminars with over 2,500 students.
- Daily review of new cases of HIV/AIDS patients, investigations, and treatment.
- Follow up on old cases, and review patients for HAART toxicity and adherence.
- Management of patients with medical emergencies and admission into the hospital wards patients that are clinically unstable.
- Treatment of retroviral negative exposed patients with antiretroviral medications.
- Attended two medical conferences, presented three papers in the subspecialty of Fetal Medicine, and achieved the four highest ratings on CSPs.
- Practiced urgent care and occupational medicine in an outpatient setting.
- Multiple procedures were performed with the greatest being laceration repair and incision and drainage of abscesses.
- Responsible as the primary treating physician to care for injured employees with a wide range of injuries.
- Received “Best Doctor” Award in an at-home physical exam where the examinee was a diabetic woman.
- Received “Best Doctor” Award from primary care physician for his treatment of a case of heart failure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.