A catering administrative assistant works in the foodservice industry. Duties include supervising operations, handling customer complaints, payroll, inventory management, supervision of daily operations, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Catering Administrative Assistant resumes for your reference.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Conducted inventory of all kitchen equipment, made recommendations for purchasing, and ordered food supplies for five restaurants, totaling $2.5 million in annual sales.
- Coordinated catering orders with production staff to eliminate waste and ensure timely delivery.
- Multi-tasked as a center-of-the-plate cook for three hundred people at client appreciation luncheon.
- Designed an improved ordering system that expedited the completion of client requests.
- Hired and trained thirty wait staff to ensure customer satisfaction at two hundred catered events per year.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Successfully managed one-hundred-person restaurant gatherings during company picnics, parties, and weddings.
- Coordinated large events with five or more teams of waiters, bartenders, cooks, and dishwashers.
- Organized office supplies for all administrative functions to meet corporate standards.
- Served as the main point of contact for catering clients through all phases of event coordination.
- Scheduled individual work schedules for over sixty employees to meet job demands while minimizing errors and complaints.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Achieved increase in customer satisfaction and business volume during the first year of employment.
- Helped develops and trains new staff, including five inexperienced 16-year-old high school students.
- Improved client relations and increased consumer base by helping create and organize a new summer program for neighborhood children and teenagers to promote healthy eating habits through hands-on experience with food preparation.
- Developed catering contracts with economical pricing by monitoring surveys, researching market trends, and implementing special pricing schedules.
- Set goals and generated contacts to increase awareness of client company services through personal contacts with business, academic, and community leaders.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Purchased, maintained, and outfitted the hospital’s food bar from start-up until its dissolution.
- Prepared multiple meals during a five-month period in which I was responsible for all food preparation for 100 people in a cafeteria.
- Gathered expense management duties from start-up to conclusion of the project at the University of South Alabama Hospital.
- Kept detailed records on which 200 employees were served daily during 7 months of service through catering services offered by the University of South Alabama Hospital.
- Initiated and ran three new catering projects totaling approximately $2,500 for each of them during a two-year period.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Personally promoted the banquet and catering division of a multi-million dollar corporation to increase sales revenue by $175,000 per year.
- Preserved the image of the company by maintaining 100% on-time and on-budget delivery for an event that was attended by the President of the United States of America.
- Streamlined food ordering and preparation process through automated data collection and inventory control software.
- Organized at least 50 events per year while managing twelve ongoing client relationships, employing six staff members, planning four monthly meetings, and balancing an average workload of at least 35 hours per week.
- Created and maintained the complete system of the business including specialty menus, food recipes, and food preparation quantities.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Organized, gathered, and compiled data for five year period.
- Led staff of five in preparation of award-winning foods for the annual week-long conference.
- Managed stock inventory to ensure fast food freshness for ten additional hotel restaurants.
- Upheld exemplary ethics in professional practices for over three years.
- Administrative assistant to head chef during a five-month kitchen remodeling project.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Learned to maintain the seven “Hospitality” values of quality, courtesy, respect, honesty, safety, cooperation, and efficiency.
- Maintained the guest check-in desk at the Grand Ballroom of the Witherspoon Hotel in Louisville Kentucky for several years.
- Organized and maintained three different banquet facilities for approximately eighty-one events per year ranging from event rentals to catering services.
- Handled all financial responsibilities of the company’s operation during this period.
- Was successful in taking over most managerial responsibilities by 30 years of age due to emergent health issues blocking my plans for further progress.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Major in Hospitality at the University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia.
- Serve as receptionist for a facility that hosted the world’s largest Junior Olympics.
- Proffer staff assistance to several county parks and recreation areas.
- Assist in developing/executing contingency plans for large-scale events, including major collegiate sporting contests.
- Repaired daily operations of multiple non-profit organization staff with extreme patience and perfectionism.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Organized the production of fresh salads, sandwiches, and desserts.
- Scheduled daily meal assortment to accommodate varying customer demands.
- Prepared all dishes at the facility on my own, working alone with no outside sources.
- Accurately scheduled all employees to ensure that services were provided in a timely manner.
- Concluded positive business relationships by hosting regular catering functions for upper management.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Prepared multiple menus and food items, coordinated service times, maintained accurate inventory, and reconciled cash receipts with receipts.
- Created a Special Event Outlook Sheet to describe the requirements needed for organizing special events such as weddings and premieres.
- Handled transportation of light-medium furniture such as tables, stools, lamps, and other accessories; was trained to lift up to 50-pounds.
- Maintained an inventory of supplies such as utensils, tablecloths, and linens; was trained to lift up to 50-pounds.
- Organized preparations for catering services such as table settings and transportation.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Directed office and restaurant operations in a medium-sized hospital for over a year, trained to the same level of proficiency as a private chef.
- Organized and staffed events for over 2000 people, including daily meals & drinks, before & during his military deployment.
- Provided exceptional customer service to patients, patrons, and coworkers.
- Managed a local production company during six months of accounting ledgers.
- Demonstrated effective managerial practices, customer service skills, and financial literacy in television broadcasting commercials.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Took over the reception desk, scoreboard, and food service for two local high schools.
- Increased three-fold the number of homecoming events, football trips, proms, and school functions.
- Implemented new club registration systems with no phone calls or mailings.
- Created two new promotion flyers for special events that were printed on demand by press run.
- Oversaw full production of three different fundraisers in one month using previously existing equipment and labor pool excepting one employee’s absence due to pregnancy.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Managed the work of three chefs by developing and enforcing all food preparation, cooking, and delivery standards.
- Oversaw forty employees by keeping records of shifts, time cards, and payrolls; managing schedules; and resolving conflicts.
- Trained for excellence by coordinating staff training sessions in restaurant standards, food handling techniques, customer service skills, and safety practices.
- Directed group efforts toward daily goals by encouraging staff to problem-solve multiple challenges associated with managing a large restaurant efficiently.
- Recognized outstanding performance by recommending raises based on job-specific output quotas met or exceeded for thirty employees.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Courtesy, punctuality, and efficiency were illustrated by planned events and customer service.
- Coordinated the simultaneous banquet of 30 people at three different locations for 14 hours (setting up, serving, cleaning up) with the assistance of two other staff members.
- Accomplished work in a timely manner, including filling out change order forms.
- Served as an accommodating auxiliary staff member to multiple departments within the organization.
- Saved thousands of dollars by productively anticipating scenarios required for general productivity to occur during busy periods.
Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Managed the business office, including payroll, account reconciliation, and invoicing to ensure that all areas of the business were operating efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinated with outside vendors to ensure that incoming goods like catering supplies and linens were delivered in a timely fashion.
- Scheduled the kitchen staff to ensure that food orders were filled promptly while maintaining budget limitations.
- Organized inventory for more than 1,000 kitchen items, ensuring that adequate supplies were available for daily operations while keeping costs within budget standards.
- Answered telephone inquiries about daily operation procedures and assisted clients in making reservations for special events.
A High School Diploma or equivalent is typically required along with a minimum of 1-year experience in the foodservice industry, an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business administration or business management is often accepted as a substitute for the 1-year experience. Required skills include knowledge of regulations associated with the food industry, basic math skills, knowledge of basic office computing software, knowledge of food ordering systems, sound judgment in the quality and appearance of foods,
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Samples
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Catering Administrative Assistant Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up