A Freight Handler controls the transportation of products to stores across the country. Their duties include identifying the correct merchandise for shipment, loading shipments onto vehicles, operating a fork lift, labeling products, performing vehicle inspections, verifying quantities of products and maintaining a sanitary work environment.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freight Handler Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freight Handler resumes for your reference.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 1
- Voluntarily reworked schedule to accommodate supervisor’s emergency needs.
- Resolved customer billing disputes through prompt communications with third-party carrier.
- Efficiently maintained, counted, and secured over $200,000 in cash reserves.
- Received manager’s award for exceeding 30% reduction in operating costs through net inventory controls.
- Supported QBR goals during peak months by locating excess stock to lower costs and expedite order fulfillment.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 2
- Scheduled and packed shipments to ensure timely delivery.
- Transported cargo from various locations on a daily basis.
- Handled multiple freight carriers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Managed multiple freight contracts with different carriers to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Researched and implemented transportation solutions to reduce costs while ensuring on-time shipment.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 3
- Recognized immediately by drivers and truckers for exceeding standards in delivering goods on time and in promised condition.
- Verified trailer assets, weight, and shipping details with drivers and receivers to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Recognized when an issue arose; created a solution based upon a comprehensive understanding of the logistics process that ensured delivery on time.
- Respected the integrity of driver schedules despite the pressure to reduce costs, cut costs at any cost, or discipline drivers under pressure from upper management.
- Refused to take action against drivers who provided accurate information based on audit of trucking records during a major audit of company accounts.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 4
- Able to lift and move 80-pound boxes from one container to another container on a rolling machine.
- Received positive feedback from customers about their satisfaction with my friendly, professional attitude.
- Contributed towards team effort by accomplishing the organizational objective of delivering goods to customers on time.
- Made suggestions to management for changing or improving work methods or materials that affected work area safety, efficiency, and productivity.
- Provided customer service through establishing a positive working relationship with customers by completing tasks in a timely manner.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 5
- Handled incoming and outgoing freight; qualified for security clearances because of dependable handling of confidential documents.
- Met productivity and cost-control standards while handling freight at JFK airport.
- Coordinated cargo shipments with other airlines to meet company delivery schedules and avoid parcel-damage claims.
- Gained knowledge of airport transportation systems while attending school to earn airport transportation license.
- Discovered an innovative solution to supply chain problems while attending a logistics seminar; earned award from company management for this discovery.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 6
- Scrutinized manifest comparing shipping data with corresponding VMI labels to ensure accuracy of information for pressurized tank shipping.
- Researched and resolved supply chain issues by communicating with both inter-departmental freight handlers and inter-company affiliates.
- Maintained a twenty-nine day on time delivery performance as driver’s helper by ensuring that loads were assembled, secured, and delivered according to delivery instructions.
- Scheduled deliveries from shipper reports by minimizing labor costs while ensuring on time delivery.
- Coordinated the use of alternative transportation to meet shipper needs on rush orders.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 7
- Supervised the loading and unloading of customer product shipments, including checking tie-down procedures to ensure safe loading and delivery.
- Ensured freight loaded onto the correct trailer through proper packaging/labeling, heavy lifting, and paperwork.
- Maintained a 5% safety margin above contract load weight to ensure equipment could safely handle required loads.
- Developed a sound working relationship with a long-time customer to establish a 24/7 hotline for emergencies and deliveries.
- Recognized by peers as a valuable asset for providing suggestions on improved operations procedures which reduced labor time by 10%.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 8
- Transported thousands of tons of cargo on truck, rail, ship, or air.
- Organized and expedited freight shipments within the organization’s limited space.
- Ensured customer satisfaction by providing excellent customer service and timely deliveries.
- Managed outsourced vendors to ensure accurate invoicing and shipment tracking information.
- Achieved Excellent score in mechanical aptitude test for forklift operator certification by the Maryland Department of Labor/Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2002.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 9
- Maintained freight policies and procedures with respect to cost, quality, and safety.
- Supervised and trained drivers to ensure safe and efficient movement of freight, inventory, and equipment.
- Prepared purchase orders for freight and freight management programs.
- Handled the purchase of materials for consumable goods such as paper products, cleaners, detergents, chemicals, lubricants & greases.
- Effectively merchandised products for quick pick up by customers.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 10
- Supervised fifteen truck drivers to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Managed multiple external vendors to ensure accurate invoicing.
- Measured the performance of purchasing department to meet extended delivery times and customer satisfaction.
- Established sound relationships with external vendor representatives to avoid vendor disputes and secure repeat business.
- Gained new skills by assuming supervision for two other employees in the freight department.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 11
- Managed multiple freight accounts to ensure accurate billing and receiving of shipments.
- Supervised carriers to make sure accurate shipping time and cost were used in presenting the final invoice.
- Maintained accurate records of temporary storage, car/trucking, and warehouse space; ensured timely receipt of shipments.
- Realized improved results with suppliers by making recommendations for improved inventory levels; improved trucking costs through team work with service departments.
- Negotiated new freight accounts on a one year turnkey basis for three different companies.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 12
- Increased transportation productivity by 200% by consolidating freight, equipment, and personnel resources.
- Eliminated the need for costly overtime by stretching workforce time to meet customer demand.
- Reduced travel time across the board by utilizing consolidated resources for minimum movement of freight.
- Effectively coordinate multiple delivery dates between suppliers and customers to reduce delivery lead times.
- Improved inventory turnover rate through improved supply chain resource utilization.
Freight Handler Resume Sample 13
- Trained through the Freight Handler program to handle all materials, parts, and components.
- Instructed other employees on how to perform quality inspection of packages.
- Trained others by demonstrating, providing feedback, and offering suggestions on how to improve the customer’s satisfaction during all stages of the process.
- Initiated training sessions by demonstrating skills, learning new skills, creating materials, providing guidance, and counseling peers.
- Developed educational programs to encourage employees to learn new skills or develop their existing ones through observation or participation in learning experiences. Completed training in machine shop technology for previous employment.
To work as a Freight Handler you must be able to lift and carry between 50 to 75 pounds of product and maintain a flexible work schedule. To be successful as a Freight Handler you must be detail-oriented, follow precise instructions, possess strong verbal communication skills, be willing to work outdoors in potentially harsh conditions, follow safety protocol and understand its importance, work well in teams and have a positive attitude.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freight Handler Resume Samples
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 1
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 2
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 3
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 4
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 5
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 6
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 7
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 8
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 9
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 10
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 11
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 12
- Freight Handler Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up