A Concrete Laborer specializes in building structures from concrete materials. Duties include preparing site, designing and building forms, pouring concrete, spreading and smoothing using various tools, using wire mesh for support, molding expansion joints and edges, adding stain or materials for décor, applying waterproofing or sealant and monitoring to make sure it hardens to a durable finish.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Concrete Laborer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Concrete Laborer resumes for your reference.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 1
- Performed tasks with a high degree of quality; recognized by the supervisor for timely, efficient concrete pouring.
- Noted by the superintendent as an employee who could be counted on to supervise or perform multiple tasks related to the erection of buildings.
- Received recognition as a capable and efficient truck driver; skillfully loaded wheelbarrows with dry concrete mix, cement, and vehicles.
- Behaved in a highly responsible manner when faced with unexpected situations such as power outages and inclement weather conditions; motivated co-workers to continue working despite limitations.
- Proved to be dependable and flexible; worked day, night, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the company.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 2
- Performed skilled tasks with an eye to safety in a productive and creative manner.
- Trained as a project superintendent for 5 months, scheduling and supervising the work of concrete laborers.
- Constructed and erected over 500 concrete columns for a 12,000 square foot addition to a self-storage facility.
- Wrote specifications for 30 different subcontractors using civil drafting instruments.
- Determined the necessary conditions for cold-weather construction near Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 3
- Used in-floor concrete mixers, bull bars, and pneumatic hammers for mixing, placing, and finishing of one-story poured foundations.
- Installed precast concrete forms in delivering one and two-story buildings from pad to exterior finish.
- Designed concrete foundation systems including subways utilizing reinforced masonry (RMC), stiffening steel (SST), and vibration isolators for interior walls.
- Identified problems and designed solutions to correct misaligned forms; repaired damage that resulted from construction mistakes.
- Designed and viewed daily progress of concrete structures to satisfy clients’ needs and expectations.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 4
- Concrete forms and molds were completed on time for projects of $4.6 million.
- Committed to the rigorous physical requirements of concrete pouring, finishing, and surface preparation as a laborer.
- Maintained quality control standards by inspecting hard surfaces and producing quality finished products.
- Used advanced layout techniques to determine form positions and hold-down locations.
- Completed over 300 concrete jobs within budget limits while maintaining safety policies regarding hazardous operations, tools, equipment, and materials.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 5
- Laid and finished control joints along a 1,292 feet long and 22 feet wide ramp; completed work in a timely manner.
- Completed concrete and brickwork for the foundation of an 11,000 square foot building within a 9-week period.
- Laid concrete for three parking lots measuring approximately 5,000 square feet per lot.
- Inspected, taped, and primed site for a parking lot with tar paper; effectively answered construction company’s questions regarding the project plans to ensure full completion of the process.
- Constructed and installed a large steel wall supporting over 80 feet of columns, piers, walls, and baseboards in a stark twelve-day period.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 6
- Helped to pour foundations for new buildings, bridges, and roads.
- Performed structural work on floors and ceilings in multiple vacancies of a large university.
- Repaired damages caused by leaking roofs and broken windows or walls in several vacant buildings.
- Held a job position as a laborer responsible for receiving orders and placing orders with the Concrete Supply Company.
- Successfully completed 2 years of training to become proficient on all concrete construction tasks.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 7
- Helped build, repair, and maintain multi-story buildings.
- Sunlight rehabbed an old house in less than a day.
- Attended black belt test and was taught martial arts techniques by Sensei John Lackey.
- Invented new padlocks to secure wooden paneling used inside of a hotel for bed-sitting rooms.
- Built two fire pits for Christian Fellowship Hall.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 8
- Worked in a factory setting to manufacture pre-cast concrete by mixing chemicals, transporting materials, and operating machines.
- Directed construction crews to erect structures such as buildings, bridges, water towers, and chimneys by providing labor for lifting materials and operating machines.
- Received acknowledgment for excellence by producing an affordable housing facility that met or exceeded all building specifications in compliance with government regulations.
- Represented employer on important projects; received letter from a client praising efficient operations resulting from my increased ability to monitor multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Earned appreciation for top performance after exceeding sales goals during economic slowdown; responded to client concerns regarding reduction of staff without losing business.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 9
- Performed general construction on an assortment of residential and commercial buildings.
- Worked 9-hour days, 7 days a week, 60 hours per week.
- Managed a rough terrain operation with multiple employees.
- Maintained safety and sanitation standards while achieving 100% removal of debris within one hour.
- Expected to work as a leader within the organization rather than be simply a worker.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 10
- Established a reputation for punctuality, safety, and quality workmanship.
- Accountable for, and completed, jobs in a timely manner.
- Recognized for the effort to meet production goals and provided for personal daily progress by charting progress on timelines.
- Performed assignments requiring skilled craftsmanship with the following tools: hammer, chisel, brick saw, and drill press.
- Demonstrated leadership ability by completing assignments as directed under the supervision of a foreman.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 11
- Orchestrated the unloading and placement of 150 cubic yards of concrete.
- Formulated a plan to help meet the construction schedule, which was revised due to weather.
- Exceeded expectations by processing information in real-time during peak hours and in emergency situations.
- Took initiative to save clients thousands of dollars by reviewing incorrect information before presenting the proposal, thereby avoiding costly change orders.
- Assisted operations team in handling heavy pieces of construction equipment for transport following completion of project onsite.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 12
- Handled, poured, and finished concrete for the construction of multi-story buildings and residences.
- Appraised workmanship prior to payment and maintained a safe workplace; secured the safety of other workers.
- Supervised workers on tasks such as demolition of walls and removal or installation of poles and pipes.
- Brainstormed productivity enhancement strategies that lead to cost savings for the company; recognition by management for saving over $15,000 in employee costs by substituting new technology for manual labor.
- Trained new employees how to properly use tools such as grinders, jackhammers, drills, cutters, saws, etc.
Concrete Laborer Resume Sample 13
- Toured San Diego County and surrounding areas during construction season and systematically completed all assigned tasks.
- Worked 10-12 hour shifts, 5 days a week, 7-8 months without any breaks.
- Received a 30% safety bonus for onsite safety training provided by the employer.
- Performed two unique levels of the heavy lifting throughout the construction job, including lifting materials weighing up to 110 pounds and lashing beams together using an industrial crane.
- Learned how to work as a team within the confines of safety guidelines established by actual job site conditions.
A high school diploma is necessary, along with an apprenticeship and hands-on experience. To be a Concrete Laborer, one must have physical stamina, can work with their hands, measure accurately, read specifications, obey safety rules, and pay attention to detail.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.