A Patient Care Coordinator helps manages and plans the medical and health care of patients. Their main duties include developing a health care plan with the healthcare team, monitoring the patient, consulting with the family members and the patient, assisting the medical team, providing education for the patient and their families, working through financial planning, and maintaining records.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Patient Care Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Patient Care Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Assisted with all patient check-ins and established rapport with patients and families, most of which were non-English speakers.
- Provided pre-operative and post-operative instructions to patients regarding medications and procedures; assisted patients in scheduling follow up visits for re-testing.
- Ensured compliance with all regulations by calling out patients who failed to show after medications had been dispensed; recognized by Nurse Manager for exceptional efforts.
- Earned appreciation from the Chief Operating Officer for maintaining a low number of medication errors, traffic violations, and patient injuries while processing over 500 surgical cases per month.
- Orchestrated a smooth transition into new facility while maintaining high accreditation scores while overseeing patient admittance, check-out, and referrals.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Developed standards for referral and admission processes, creating an efficient system of patient care to improve the quality of service.
- Provided effective leadership and guidance to staff members by delegating responsibilities and encouraging teamwork.
- Organized and taught orientation classes for new employees; guided them through required Patient Care Technician training programs.
- Planned, organized, and directed a public assistance clinic which provided annual health screenings, cancer screenings, dental exams, vaccinations, women’s health information seminars on three separate occasions within six months.
- Led efforts in building community relationships with local schools by providing free flu shots to students during flu season as well as teaching first aid skills in weekly safety assemblies.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Provided care coordination by monitoring, coordinating, and documenting health care for patients with chronic disease.
- Identified patient concerns through phone calls to families, transfer of patient records between agencies, and visitation.
- Maintained positive relationships with physicians, staff, health insurance companies, family members of patients, and co-workers.
- Achieved 85% customer satisfaction rating due to exceptional work productivity meeting deadlines while adhering to business practices.
- Progressed professionally by earning certification as Healthcare Management Specialist (HMS) after 3 years experience in patient care coordination services.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- Acted as liaison between physicians, nurses, social workers, corporate entities, insurance companies, hospital records departments, patient families and community agencies to facilitate continuity of care.
- Provided telephone triage for emergency department patients to determine the level of acuity.
- Promoted teamwork within health care providers and external counterparts by providing training to nurse aides and dietary services staff.
- Designed an interactive computer program that improved patient flow during registration; recognized by physician director with promotion to Patient Care Coordinator/Supervisor position.
- Spearheaded redesigning of paper workflows for better organization and communication; received quarterly Healthcare Performance Improvement Award.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Effectively managed a large pool of patients by reviewing their medical records, lab results, and current medications to identify potential drug interactions.
- Resolved patient complaints from staff members, physicians, and other departments within the hospital.
- Performed comprehensive initial assessments of new patients entering the emergency department in accordance with Joint Commission guidelines.
- Diagnosed and prepared treatment plans for infectious diseases including Lyme Disease and HIV.
- Collaborated on new programs including an Annual Infectious Diseases Symposium; increased awareness and identification of infectious diseases among Hospital staff.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Catered to the specific needs of patients and physicians by assigning or reassigning cases as needed.
- Provided back up coverage for triage nurse, ensuring that calls were answered and patients’ medical histories were accurate and complete.
- Participated in quality assurance projects such as verifying EKG results before releasing them to patients or referring physicians.
- Oversaw daily maintenance of all medical records storage facilities; scheduled maintenance requests and ensured compliance with regulations regarding equipment logs and recording sheets.
- Chaired meeting on HIPAA regulations; assisted in training staff on new policy regulations, including those governing the confidentiality of patient information.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Effective communicator, organized multi-faceted department activities by forecasting and scheduling patient care needs.
- Recognized as a catalyst for change in the re-design of procedures within four units to improve efficiency and service to patients.
- Received Employee of the Year Award from hospital administration; honored for effective leadership, collaboration, communication with staff members.
- Presented as a speaker at five consecutive monthly board meetings on advances made through techniques developed during research process within lab facilities.
- Groomed 20+ years experience into new role as Lab Manager or Department Head overseeing 30 employees.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Trained professionals to aid in the care of a child suffering from a rare form of cancer.
- Mentored and coached new staff members on patient-centered communication skills, effective team building techniques, and department goals.
- Collaborated with facility’s CNO to design future curriculum for nursing students interested in neonatal intensive care units.
- Volunteered time outside of work to provide educational information on childhood obesity during local community events.
- Managed day-to-day logistics while providing care for 20 children receiving treatment at a university hospital pediatric unit.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Organized, scheduled, and administered over $25 million in medical supplies to patients.
- Developed financial analysis software to simplify medical supply purchasing decisions; recognized by the Chief Financial Officer for outstanding performance.
- Gathered data regarding patient requests and complaints; used statistical methods to prioritize activities.
- Created surveys involving patient satisfaction, quality of care, pain management, and medication administration accuracy; analyzed results.
- Overcame multiple obstacles including natural disasters and facility renovation projects to provide safe patient care–promoted from Patient Care Technician after only 8 months on staff due to superior performance.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Administered and managed medical records for over sixty patients.
- Trained in the evaluation and treatment of all human ailments through effective communication with doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.
- Aided in managing patient flow to decrease length of stay by almost 30%.
- Worked closely with hospital administration to improve patient’s overall experience and satisfaction.
- Completed 12 hours of continuing education credit to maintain critical skills needed in the modern healthcare industry.
Patient Care Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Enforced patient medical billing guidelines and successfully resolved over 7,000 inpatient insurance claims in the state of Ohio.
- Achieved annual revenue goals by generating new patient referrals through effective marketing practices including mailers, newsletters, phone calls, advertisements, seminars, networking functions, etc.
- Demonstrated medical best practice when working with complex health care issues resulting from accountable care organizations shifting focus to primary care management of chronic conditions versus acute episodes of care for uninsured individuals under managed care systems that resulted in denial or cancellation of services after seeking benefits for which their health plan contract specifies they are entitled (e.g., Emergency Room visits) prior to establishing a physician/patient relationship with patients who had no insurance.
- Acted as a liaison between medical staff, patients/families, and outside agencies such as social workers and therapists to coordinate care and ensure a safe transition of services for patients who have been discharged from the hospital setting.
- Achieved national recognition when provided critical input in revising billing procedures for patients with mental illness.
To become a Patient Care Coordinator you must have a degree in social work and in some case a license is required. A Patient Care Coordinator should posses the following skills: communication, interpersonal, stress-management, time-management, conflict resolution, teamwork, able to multi-task, empathy and understanding, and organization.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.