Freight brokers act as a link between shippers and carriers to secure transportation of goods. Their duties include keeping records of shipment, negotiating pricing agreements with carriers, planning pick-up and delivery schedules, keeping up with the current trends in transportation, identifying safe carriers for freight services and responding to customers’ inquiries.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Freight Broker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Freight Broker resumes for your reference.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 1
- Reviewed and updated broker’s tariffs in a timely manner.
- Trained under-performing brokers to improve productivity.
- Achieved individual monthly, quarterly, and yearly production goals.
- Responded quickly and professionally during emergency situations which required the re-routing of freight throughout North America within hours on short notice.
- Sold new business accounts while increasing market share on existing clientele, resulting in 100% increase in commissions from previous year.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 2
- Processed assigned freight in a timely manner according to customer requests, customer service guidelines, and transportation.
- Gained the recognition of a top performer by meeting or exceeding all company expectations for overall productivity and customer satisfaction/resolutions.
- Reached out to over 500 branch managers within the United States to implement continuous improvement concepts; established relationships that provide insight into daily operations.
- Launched new business development program that allowed me to sell $52M worth of inventory in first six months; recognized as one of the top four sales professionals in New Jersey.
- Transcended barriers during negotiations with management teams; promoted business development strategies that increased revenue beyond traditional sales roles.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 3
- Negotiated contract agreement with leading importers and exporters for a major commodities brokerage firm.
- Gained more than 100 new accounts from the yearly direct marketing efforts of 5 brokers.
- Provided outstanding customer service by managing three account executives, six support personnel, 300 full-time telephone lines, and 300 fax lines.
- Saved an annual $5 million in transportation costs by implementing a variable float program.
- Facilitated a change management process to eliminate a significant amount on-site lost documents through proper routing procedures.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 4
- Successfully completed multiple multi-carrier freight transactions with an average value of $2 million.
- Contributed to the achievement of numerous customer satisfaction awards through exceptional performance and service delivery.
- Closed out several international trades in excess of $1 billion in total value by using superior negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ensured carrier compliance to clients’ requirements by developing professional relationships with transportation professionals.
- Met various production targets including brokerage fees received, volume growth, employees hired, paperless processes created/utilized, face-to-face meetings held/new accounts gained throughout tenure with organization.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 5
- Tracked down information to resolve problems with carriers.
- Requested agents’ services for the settlement of claims.
- Analyzed large groups of billing data regarding transportation costs.
- Prepared statistical analyses on research findings regarding customer service, market changes, and industry trends.
- Volunteered in working environment to relieve others of responsibilities while ensuring that the work was completed according to company standards.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 6
- Trained staff of seven in operating regulations and procedures leading to merit award for company excellence.
- Authored two training manuals to educate new applicants about safety regulations and requirements.
- Attained designation as a Certified Intermodal Transportation Professional (CITP) by completing examination, coursework, and case studies.
- Have offered my office services free of charge to needy families who have a loved one in a hospital or prison.
- Recognized five times for organizational leadership, superior performance on customer service surveys, and productivity levels above industry standards.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 7
- Negotiated contract with Sears customer in order to expand available shipping options and support for linehaul customers.
- Reached agreement on terms of sale with purchasing agent.
- Expedited shipments through the application process; minimized costs associated with misplaced products while ensuring compliance with company guidelines.
- Oversaw domestic collections, resolving outstanding invoices for customers without debit memos or returned items.
- Provided fast, accurate quotes for customers who needed to consolidate multiples shipments into fewer truckloads at reduced rates.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 8
- Mediated between customer and carrier to determine shipment details such as size, weight, equipment needed for transport.
- Negotiated favorable rates and services with 55 carriers via the use of computerized reservation systems and line haul purchase agreements.
- Tracked down missing shipments to ensure delivery times; identified areas needing improvement in tracking system efficiency.
- Planned loading operations by effectively utilizing space on vehicles; provided cost effective solution to customers regarding available space allotments on trucks and trailers.
- Oversaw warehousing operations by ensuring timely pick-ups were made from warehouses; distributed items to carriers for delivery within agreed upon timeframes.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 9
- Processed assigned freight in a timely manner by using established procedures.
- Handled multiple customers with heavy loads while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Evaluated risks and developed solutions for carriers; effectively identified obstacles and overcame problems while identifying potential pitfalls.
- Seamlessly executed carrier selection, vetting certification, and rate negotiations to ensure lowest pricing on bills of lading/freight invoices within company guidelines.
- Provided input to team meetings on industry trends; presented information by utilizing graphs, charts, tables, charts, formulas, etc., upon request.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 10
- Delivered on-time shipments 99% of the time, as defined by customer contract specifications.
- Redirected daily shipments from air carrier to truck carrier.
- Accurately annotated A/R invoices that resulted in a 92% correct billable ratio for carrier billing.
- Instigated inventory management program resulting in a 50% reduction of product shrinkage and increase profits by 20%.
- Convinced a shipper to utilize LTL carrier service which ultimately saved them 40% (over $25,000) on freight costs each month.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 11
- Managed a team of six freight-brokers, cohesively orchestrating a market share turnover from 30% to 70%.
- Developed a customer base for new accounts through cold calling and networking with business owners.
- Effectively negotiated contracts over the phone with Fortune 500 customers. Successfully handled difficult negotiations resulting in cost savings of thousands of dollars per month.
- Recognized as top agent for one quarter as measured by total location volume as well as overall revenue generation.
- Exceeded individual benchmark goals set out by management four quarters in a row; recognized by all levels of management and staff for superior performance and contribution to company’s success.
Freight Broker Resume Sample 12
- Managed the largest team in company by offering assistance to over 50 colleagues.
- Drove 800+ miles per week across three states and assisted with purchasing decisions, as well as liability claims.
- Achieved outstanding growth numbers during first year; recognized as an emerging leader of expansion for building new business within the Baltimore market.
- Identified trends and opportunities for developing customer relationships and training programs that encompass global financial markets and electronic commerce.
- Initiated a cross-functional initiative to achieve consistent high levels of performance; transformed shipping process by implementing technology based on SAP software solution.
To work as a freight broker, you require a bachelor’s degree in logistics or its equivalent and certification by the Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA). Freight brokers must demonstrate communication skills, customer relations skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, time management skills, persuasion and networking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Freight Broker Resume Samples
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 1
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 2
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 3
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 4
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 5
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 6
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 7
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 8
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 9
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 10
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 11
- Freight Broker Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up