A Technical Editor corrects and improves writing done by technical writers. Their duties include gathering technical information; checking documents for content and form; making sure document has correct grammar, punctuation and spelling; proofreading final draft; marking document for layout and typeface; working with writers to develop accurate documents; and testing the writing by applying it to actual software.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Editor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Editor resumes for your reference.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 1
- Conceived, designed, implemented, and maintained a large network of relationships with vendors that resulted in low pricing on print products purchased by the company.
- Described technical processes including equipment, surroundings, design uses, color palettes, product descriptions, and more for use in broadcast programs.
- Edited video scenes for scenes involving food or medical scenes; ensured scenes were not offensive or inaccurate based on my background in the medical field.
- Edited photo images to ensure clarity of graphics and readability for advertising uses within the financial services industry.
- Effectively edited video scenes to create compelling stories for broadcast shows that were long-running, award-winning programs.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 2
- Edited a series of articles on a particular topic while impeccably adhering to all business and legal requirements.
- Worked efficiently while identifying and closing the latest deals.
- Received outstanding achievement award for assisting in an interview with a prominent figure, while skillfully answering questions and providing relevant information.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; assisted in writing articles about key company subjects.
- Improved skills by collaborating with skilled colleagues who handled different parts of the job such as researching, reporting, or assigning.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 3
- Worked under tight deadlines to organize data and prepare documents for client review.
- Recognized as the key contributor to the team for scoring first place in the regional three-day competition.
- Recognized for creating a stress-free environment, which resulted in an optimal learning experience for students.
- Addressed students’ questions regarding terminology and meeting policies, policies which resulted in increased student satisfaction, retention, and overall program success.
- Developed effective solutions for problems that were detrimental to program success based on research of current trends within the industry Overall, demonstrated exceptional leadership abilities through mentoring junior staff members’ projects*,*,* leading to marked improvement.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 4
- Leads rewrite on marketing material for companies.
- Compiles and checks technical, design, and grammatical errors in sales documents.
- Develops cover letter for resumes.
- Achieved award for interview preparation, including addressing objections on job applications.
- Performed sell-outs of new products; assisted with audit reports of financial statements
Technical Editor Resume Sample 5
- Conducted research to verify facts, including checking the accuracy of statistics by consulting contemporaneous sources or official publications.
- Exercised judgment in the selection, authentication, and interpretation of source materials.
- Checked facts cited in cited materials for accuracy and confirmed by other sources. Engaged in the preparation of reports from original research.
- Transcribed interviews with a key person or public figures, with emphasis on a verbatim transcription, with the accuracy of voice tone and volume.
- Edited transcriptions with consistency to ensure accuracy; verified spellings and grammatical errors; integrated changes with revised transcriptions; coordinated schedules of final publications before production deadline.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 6
- Designed editorial layouts, including headings, images, and columns.
- Awarded Outstanding Achievement for projects related to the creation of a new website for the company.
- Functioned as a technical editor of articles related to workplace ergonomics; worked with Human Resources in developing e-learning courses on workplace safety guidelines.
- Secured position as an editorial assistant in the design section.
- Identified business trends in human resources management that affected content marketing strategies.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 7
- Recognized for saving the company $18,000 by reviewing invoices for accuracy.
- Reviewed technical manuals and delivered a series of presentations that effectively alerted new hires to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Selected as a member of the corporate safety committee; helped to identify and review safety issues affecting production groups.
- Notified management of a potential safety violation; earned appreciation as a proactive contributor to workplace safety.
- Co-authored a training manual on SRP-8, noise standard protocol adopted by OSHA.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 8
- Edited newspaper articles, as assigned, from a technical perspective that complied with publishing standards.
- Created designs for editorial layout, as required.
- Data entry and editing of articles on a daily basis increasing efficiency and accuracy on key information.
- Worked as a “filming fairy” to introduce new products to customers and provide video testimonials that were broadcast on cable television stations.
- Worked as a computer tech for the Network Tech Department, performing desktop maintenance tasks such as virus scanning, system backup/restore/upgrade, etc.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 9
- Developed understanding of technical editing; attended an interview for direct hire position after graduation.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding performance of work that did not meet deadlines.
- Participated in company-sponsored quarterly workshops that helped the company improve on all aspects of business, including but not limited to, producing quality content. Received recognition for outstanding quality ratings by the mentors during the workshops.
- Received two awards for outstanding performance of work that meet company guidelines listed in the job description. One award was during my first week on the job, and the other was at the end of my second week on the job.
- Signed up for and attended a National Association of Photoshop Editors (NAPEX) workshop.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 10
- Edited and distributed content for a variety of publications.
- Maintained the language and stylistic integrity of text by ensuring consistency within its structure, format, and grammar.
- Provided content reviews to address concerns with grammatical errors, misspellings, and formatting issues.
- Reviewed information for accuracy in spelling, punctuation, capitalization, amount of detail on any given subject or topic, or changes to word usage or typography.
- Determined the appropriate word count based on the space allotted for each section of projected text submitted for review by editors.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 11
- Created the publication’s monthly newsletter.
- Reviewed published articles for accuracy to ensure consistency in style.
- Edited, formatted, and proofread material for technical aspects.
- Highlighted areas of improvement to ensure consistency in quality.
- Taught how to cite sources to others who were preparing PowerPoint presentations for presentations or publications that utilized PowerPoint files.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 12
- Completed the entire technical editing of a book on firearms assembly, disassembly, and repair.
- Managed all of the work on an industrial production machine, including programming and troubleshooting.
- Edited a print magazine calculating page totals and creating tables of contents while making sure pictures were labeled correctly.
- Assisted in writing a new industrial installation operations manual by identifying process steps and creating checklists.
- Maintained current awareness on new materials or processes for editing manuscripts on technical subjects.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 13
- Produced manuals for the “Infrared, UV, and Visible Light” group.
- Edited articles about infrared, UV, and visible light for publications such as “Infrared & Visible Light” magazine.
- Edited articles about infrared technology within the context of homeland security.
- Edited articles regarding optical fiber transmission equipment for publications such as the “Optical Fiber Transmission Equipment” magazine.
- Completed multimedia projects that included graphics, project management, support for Web sites.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 14
- Organized and managed research papers for discipline-specific journals.
- Translated French materials into English for distribution to French journalists.
- Wrote script for documentary film script based on a book jacket concept.
- Assisted editors in choosing stories based on the quality of writing and accuracy of information.
- Evaluated manuscript processing efficiency, time taken by the editorial team, and compared with the performance of peer authors to determine the effectiveness of the manuscript processing system.
Technical Editor Resume Sample 15
- Worked to resolve technical problems with the video game, “Final Fantasy” while ensuring that deadlines were met.
- Enhanced content by researching information for upgrading current game features.
- Assisted in the development of new hardware, software, and operating system by testing new features for existing software.
- Tracked down and resolved technical issues with an Internet-based security system.
- Assessed needs of the community by communicating with stakeholders through meetings, conferences, and online forums.
Educational requirements to be a technical editor are a bachelor’s degree in technical writing. Skills needed to be a technical editor are writing skills, interviewing skills, design skills, ability to express ideas logically, tactfulness, computer proficiency, listening skills, and good judgement.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.