Talent development managers assist organizations in training and attracting the best employees. Their main duties include managing orientation for new employees, conducting talent assessments, developing training programs, giving incentives to employees, organizing annual employee reviews and creating employee engagement strategies.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Talent Development Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Talent Development Manager resumes for your reference.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 1
- Developed and implemented new HR initiatives for all employees.
- Increased the efficiency of the organization by implementing sound, practical techniques for motivating employees to perform at their best.
- Researched job openings and created effective job-search tools to assist in the hiring process.
- Enhanced talent acquisition programs, by reducing non-accepting/rejecting percentages; increased applicants response rate; increased speed of hiring process.
- Collaborated with the HR team to precisely employment contracts, including job descriptions, employee handbook, employee benefits information package; developed good management practices for good inventory management; developed financial strategies to reduce contribution margin; developed HR training program.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 2
- Coached and counseled diverse talent across the entertainment, music, and marketing industries pertaining to financial planning, budgeting, and tax strategies.
- Served as a member of the marketing team for an award-winning organizing non-governmental organization to promote healthcare literacy.
- Presented training on diversity management principles in a professional learning forum for other production departments within media companies.
- Provided link-building strategies for other department heads throughout the company to improve overall search engine ranking in their areas of expertise.
- Developed a comprehensive plan for improving CFO role definition within the company’s CFO job description position requirements.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw the talent development training programs; developed policies for talent development; instructed new hires on departmental procedures.
- Introduced an in-house certification program; revamped the entire campaign training program.
- Created a performance appraisal process to evaluate employees’ effectiveness and strengths.
- Developed new class assignments for account executives, which led to increased revenues in all markets.
- Streamlined the account executive training program; positioned Mannerly Media as a leading provider of top-quality training materials.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 4
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in the Talent Development department by conveying a high level of professionalism and keeping a positive attitude.
- Recognized as a Director for her work performance and exemplary leadership skills within the organization.
- Helpful for business operations, particularly job-related initiatives such as research, surveys, and employee engagement.
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment, selection, training, and development efforts for Media & Journalism associates.
- Actively involved in developing and presenting seminars, conducting workshops, and delivering lectures that present valuable information to employees.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented a new training program that exceeded company revenue and quality standards.
- Wrote and edited the “Career Development” newsletter. (Awarded Golden Pen Award for Excellence in Writing)
- Conducted activities such as mock interview screenings, resume reviews, and networking seminars. (Awarded Golden Pen Award for Excellence in Writing)
- Recipient of “Best Employment Practices” award; developed successful strategies to retain employees (including myself).
- Developed and presented a highly effective customer service workshop; given special mention by Vice President Mark Beringer for its success.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 6
- Conducted phone interviews with potential employees, following up on their qualifications. Provided feedback to candidates based on their responses during the interviews.
- Reviewed applications; managed the hiring process; managed job descriptions; managed a team of 14 employees who screened applicants and decided on finalists.
- Supported hiring managers by providing support and feedback. Identified potential employee strengths and weaknesses, helping to determine areas for future emphasis.
- Prepared guidelines for the Human Resources department for interviewing applicants for entry-level positions, creating a system that would facilitate interviews and provide immediate results.
- Hired a news reporter for the newspaper, working with the hiring manager to provide feedback on the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 7
- Conducted the hiring process for new employees.
- Collected, reviewed, and maintained written documents including the company’s policies and procedures.
- Created annual goals which were evaluated annually by management.
- Achieved the highest sales and customer satisfaction goals in 3 consecutive years.
- Awarded with a medal for exceptional performance; subsequently promoted to Captain.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 8
- Oversaw production and post-production processes, including project management and budgeting; provided hands-on instruction in producing entertainment media.
- Ensured that all major projects were completed on time and within budget, also guiding creative development; oversaw creative development of all online entertainment media for the company website.
- Handled the acquisition of creative rights for all programs; used talent agents to acquire talent for client projects.
- Directed and produced live and taped segments for top-rated television news magazine show; acquired top entertainment guests for each week’s show.
- Directed and produced special segments for “Evening Magazine”, a nightly television show; coordinated production and post-production processes.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 9
- Selected the top 100 applicants for the annual review.
- Selected three to four new talent, who will become talent leaders in their respective departments after demonstrating outstanding work/life balance, leadership behaviors and behaviors at the office, as well as strong work ethic.
- Developed an action plan with objectives to develop leadership skills for each talent.
- Implemented a leadership program to improve team leader interactions through better communication and providing feedback.
- Selected individual t-shirt recipients based on t-shirt quality and creativity; received award for quality t-shirt design.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 10
- Curated a long-term strategy to prepare clients for career transitions while providing career guidance and counseling.
- Facilitated a candidate’s successful relocation to another city for an executive-level position with a national corporation.
- Trained and certified more than 120 professionals in resume writing, interviewing skills, and working effectively with recruiters.
- Worked with staff to assist in managing workload while maintaining productivity levels.
- Developed a program that exposed local college students to journalism careers; exposed 40+ students to communications and journalism professionals within the community.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 11
- Recognized for developing strategic initiatives for employee engagement and retention; identified rewards and incentives of various levels to build a highly motivated team.
- Established individual goals for each of the company’s 70 employees that exceeded expectations.
- Conducted monthly meetings with employees, providing guidance and direction on career development.
- Assisted in writing company mission/values, mission statement, vision statement, and the mission statement was voted on and approved by management and employees and is posted throughout all offices.
- Created an employee handbook to serve as a guideline for all employees.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 12
- Analyzed and presented annual budget scenarios to management.
- Developed a training plan for a team of 15 employees.
- Designed quarterly evaluations for all staff members.
- Developed a training plan for a team of 10 employees.
- Described the components of the job to prospective candidates during interviews.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 13
- Established an innovative program that showcased small business owners in media publications; built partnerships with local businesses.
- Conceived and developed a multimedia training program; presented the program live to all employees, which resulted in significant improvements in productivity, retention, and morale.
- Streamlined talent development process department; reduced costs by $30K annually.
- Received highest rated ranking for my division by the company president based on customer satisfaction metrics; increased revenues by $100K in first year of operation.
- Increased customer retention rates by 10%; reduced attrition rate 25%.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 14
- Curated a database of future top performers in a business venture for a hospitality start-up.
- Recruited and trained new employees for a sports media start-up.
- Identified rising stars in an industry, and matched them to the appropriate opportunities with the help of my established contacts.
- Trained 15 individuals within 6 months; workers who exceeded managers’ expectations for presentation skills, customer service, and team performance.
- Designed unique training programs to address business goals; customized training sessions for each department in order to support overall company goals.
Talent Development Manager Resume Sample 15
- Increased the number of graduates pursuing careers in cinema.
- Forty percent retention rate of graduates investigated by the Office of Career Development.
- Increased number of graduates who interviewed on campus with Human Resources professionals by 20 percent; recognized for outstanding performance as a marketing and public relations specialist.
- Reorganized marketing and public relations department, reducing the need for new hires; received award as marketing and public relations superstar.
- Developed position descriptions and performance standards for new office staff; recognized by management as an outstanding trainer.
To work as a talent development manager, you require a bachelor’s degree in talent development or its equivalent and certification by the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD). Talent development managers must demonstrate communication skills, listening skills, organizational skills, managerial skills, instructional skills, time management skills and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.